OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I haven’t looked through pages and pages of this thread but saw this article on FB today. Apparently Brown is being even more of a crybaby. He unfriended the Raiders and Derek Carr on His social media accounts. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/antonio-brown-derek-carr-oakland-raiders-instagram/

Well that’s the kiss of death right there. 

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Well that’s the kiss of death right there. 

Just stating what he did. It is a big deal coming from an egomaniac that thinks he’s better than the team. His teammates. And the NFL as a whole. 

Its just more fuel to the fire that might mean he doesn’t play another down of football or at least for the Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just stating what he did. It is a big deal coming from an egomaniac that thinks he’s better than the team. His teammates. And the NFL as a whole. 

Its just more fuel to the fire that might mean he doesn’t play another down of football or at least for the Raiders. 

I wasn’t criticizing lol. For someone as shallow and stupid as AB I actually think those unfollows matter. Sorry i wasn’t clear. 

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Pretty sure AB has very little interest left in playing football. Helps explain his rationale for immediately crossing us off his list. Buffalo is likely not his scene.

Eh, AB’s scene is anywhere in front of a camera at this point. Probably why he is still in football (but avoiding actually playing at all costs). He’s chasing clout in every and any way possible, except actually playing football now. 

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

This is what the Raiders do. They have a history of bringing in the lost, the wayward, the haunted and malcontents. 

I was talking about the bills.  They had a deal in place to get brown in the off season but brown refused to come here 

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So not true.

Consistent success in the NFL begins with a superstar QB.

The closest thing to what you are talking about are the Patriots but they have the greatest QB ever and the greatest HC ever.

Everybody else operates under the normal rules.

And all of the favorites this year.........as usual........are star studded teams.

Teams need to play well together but also have star players because it's a matchup league and difference makers MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.

Totally agree about the Quarterback.

I was referring more to the idea (which has become very popular among many on this board) that you MUST HAVE star players at RB and WR to succeed.

But I guess we'll see.

The Bills are building a roster with solid role players and strong depth, and making sure they don't have glaring weaknesses.  Similar to what you see out of New England.  The Jets and Raiders went out and obtained high-dollar Pro Bowlers, but still have big holes elsewhere. Let's see which approach has more success.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you almost wonder if he deal was purposely structured like this because they anticipated problems...............

Or if brown didn’t particularly want to be in Oakland so he took a deal that the team would be able to void based on his planned behavior 

any team would take the contract terms for 53 players. That brown agreed is the surprising part. Especially given his blatant violations immediately after signing 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

All true at the time but beside the point.  In comparison, the Bills have nobody at WR.

But that being said, at the time I said Beane was absolutely interested and we all know now this is true.  I never lamented the fact that the Bills didn’t get him. I was mocking the ridiculous notion that Beane wouldn’t be interested in having him in the roster. 

Pretty simple

Looks like the Raiders have nobody at WR either...

And the point is you wanted AB.  You can run away from it all you want but again there's a reason why you were the only person called out on this thread.

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Or if brown didn’t particularly want to be in Oakland so he took a deal that the team would be able to void based on his planned behavior 

any team would take the contract terms for 53 players. That brown agreed is the surprising part. Especially given his blatant violations immediately after signing 

Brown didn't have any suitors except for the Bills and then the Raiders.  And I doubt he planned on losing $30M guaranteed, seeing as how money was his only motivation for quitting on the Steelers and going to the Raiders.  He's just so mentally unstable that he can't help himself.

And I'm hoping that when they suspend him and take away his guaranteed money, that it's a long and protracted fight.  That will provide lots of entertainment.