Shady's release ends 16-year streak of Bills' overinvestment in RB position

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Agent 91 said:

All of our offense smells if Pats to me. WR TE RB by committee. Just seems like they really are trying to replicate what NE is doing 

Given Daboll's tenure there, it makes sense.  Also, I don't know that there is a template other than have a lot of flexibility to do different things for different opponents. It helps to have Brady ...

Just now, thebandit27 said:

31 IIRC

Also not the point.

Point is, I keep hearing people say that RBs aren't worth investing in, but I see teams like NE and Seattle spending 1st rounderd on them, the Rams and Texans paying big salaries to them, etc. We aren't talking about poorly-managed bottom feeder teams here.

Not going to argue this point. If you really think running backs are where teams should be investing top resources go for it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Not going to argue this point. If you really think running backs are where teams should be investing top resources go for it.

I happen to think that there's no one way to build a winner.

If you've already got a QB you can win with, and a solid OL, and you think that a breakaway RB is the final piece, then sure.

If you're the 2017 Giants, and you are more or less starting from scratch, then no, you don't take Saquon #2 overall.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I happen to think that there's no one way to build a winner.

If you've already got a QB you can win with, and a solid OL, and you think that a breakaway RB is the final piece, then sure.

If you're the 2017 Giants, and you are more or less starting from scratch, then no, you don't take Saquon #2 overall.

I’ll just say I think there are a lot more examples like the latter than the former.

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Point is, I keep hearing people say that RBs aren't worth investing in, but I see teams like NE and Seattle spending 1st rounderd on them, the Rams and Texans paying big salaries to them, etc. We aren't talking about poorly-managed bottom feeder teams here.

FIFY

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’ll just say I think there are a lot more examples like the latter than the former.

Maybe.

But again, the blanket approach of "don't invest in RBs" is an oversimplification at best 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I was speaking currently as in their terrible trades since firing and not hiring a GM

Absolutely 

When you don't have a Qb for 16 years, you have to invest in something to move the ball. 

The ground game is pretty much the only thing that worked for us, and im not complaining.   We've witness a hell of a lot if RB talent over the years. 

Jackson, Lynch, McCoy, McGahee, etc. 

8 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

"The RB position just isn't worth investing premium assets anymore"

- everyone except for the two teams that played in the Super Bowl 

the Pats have put lots of $$$ in RB's?

seems they trot out a nobody at least 3 times a game and he plays very well

oh, this was a flashback to Sam Bam Cunningham days?

did this schmuck just write that Gore is s a safer bet than Shady? What a deep state putz! BTW a 5' 7" rookie scatback won't replace McCoy. Worst article ever. Lynch has done nothing but go to Superbowls. McGahee is a serious career rushing leader. He confuses our QB failures with RB play

Edited by stuvian