Listen to Bills games via internet radio?

C. Crane has been selling small specialized radios for years, continues to do so.  Helps us old fogies who still listen to fringe signal frequencies at night.

I also recall that every week someone here at TBD-TSW posts the stations in the Buffalo Bills broadcast network.  I wonder if any of those partners are streaming their broadcast, and it has gone unnoticed by the Death Star (NFL)?

15 hours ago, DonInBuffalo said:

WGR550 is listed here:

http://worldradiomap.com/us-ny/buffalo

free, nothing to download.

Won't work on mobile.

14 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I haven't tried it out during a game yet, but the Google Play store app "NFL Football Radio LIVE" has 12 stations listed for the Bills, and has mostly positive reviews.  Lately (for the preseason games) I've just been bringing up one of the Reddit video streams but they drop out frequently, eat up data quickly, and make my phone about as hot as a nuclear fuel rod

*also, oddly when I get home and bring up the WGR550 web site player on my desktop computer, I can hear the game just fine.  But on my phone, nada

Does work on PC.

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Last year I listened to WGR on PC when I was not able physically handle driving to bar and watching the game there.

This year WGR has been unable to provide any radio coverage of preseason games but I am hoping that it is because it is preseason. 

Otherwise I will need to revisit thread.

So the solution may be to bring a small laptop that you can either plug headphones into or leave plugged in close by and use Bluetooth headphones.  Hotspot off your cell phone.

I would grab my daughter's little laptop if it was me, maybe you have access to one.  The lid closes and it fits in a small bag, about the size of a tablet.  Battery last  long enough for a game.  Just have to make sure browser is in in desktop mode, not mobile (it should be already).

I have SiriusXM All Access package for my wife's car, which gives you the "listen online" feature.. so i can just listen on the SiriusXM app. 

But last year, I started using the reddit streams to watch instead of listen and that's even better for me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 3:16 PM, streetkings01 said:

I have a dilemma for the next 8 Sundays, I have 2 kids playing youth football and their games are Sundays ranging anywhere from 10am-2pm. For the games starting closer to 1pm and/or away games I would like to listen to the games via radio, but the WGR550 station via the Radio.com app doesn't broadcast Bills games.  I tried during the Bills/Colts preseason game but couldn't find anything.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks

TuneIn premium is $8/mo. They audio stream NFL games. Just cancel after 8 weeks. If you have an NFL GamePass subscription ($99) you can unlock audio on the NFL phone app 

One thing you can try, I heard that WGR can't stream games through their app but they do stream off their website. So try listening at WGR550.com instead of their app.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 8/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, billsfan5121 said:

I’m shocked nobody has said you’re kids are more important than the Bills

you mean as a joke or something? Everyone knows this is not rue

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One thing you can try, I heard that WGR can't stream ANYTHING through the app..

FIFY..man that app was working fine for a year and not has just totally pooped the bed once football has started

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

If you have the Sirius app, can you listen to the games on that?  

Yes. It’s a very long delay -longer than reddit game feeds. (or so I’ve heard?..) Like 3-4 plays behind a live feed. But if you have nothing else, it’ll do. 

Note: don’t watch RedZone at the same time. It’ll mess with your head.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes. It’s a very long delay -longer than reddit game feeds. (or so I’ve heard?..) Like 3-4 plays behind a live feed. But if you have nothing else, it’ll do. 

Note: don’t watch RedZone at the same time. It’ll mess with your head.

You basically have to shut yourself out from the outside world.  No phone, no texts, no internet. 

It's like trying to watch the Olympics without getting spoilers.