Hong Kong Protest

3rdnlng

37 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

***** off

Sound argument.

Taking your intellectual queues from gatorman is always a winner, refusal to lay out policy prescriptions is typically convincing, and borrowing rhetorical flair from towering intellects like Beto O’Rourke in your close is a sure coup de grace.

I’m sure your empty, juvenile nonsense plays well at 4th grade recess.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

My "policy prescription"? 

At the very least, drastically cut back on the number of Chinese students. 

My annoyance is with Meazza acting like it's a parallel situation, when it's obviously NOT.

It's a situation that doesn't matter, and certainly doesn't require government intervention.

9 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

My "policy prescription"? 

At the very least, drastically cut back on the number of Chinese students. 

My annoyance is with Meazza acting like it's a parallel situation, when it's obviously NOT.

Love you too

Thread.

In 2047 the "one country, two systems" experiment is set to end. Imagine the social unrest at that time, when this current young generation, who make up the majority of the protesters, is then old enough to also have their own adult children take to the streets. I can't see China allowing that to happen. IMO the question is not if this is going to end badly, but how badly is this going to end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I ACTUALLY THINK TRUMP’S PLAYING THIS ABOUT RIGHT, BUT IT WON’T HURT FOR THE CHINESE TO SEE HIM UNDER PRESSURE TO DO MORE: 

Conservatives challenge Trump’s muted response on Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters. 

“U.S. conservative activists are increasingly taking up the cause of Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement, with some saying President Trump’s hard-line trade stance on Beijing is inspiring the protesters, while others are urging the administration to more publicly stand up for the movement amid threats of a crackdown by China’s communist government.” The trade stance is why the Chinese haven’t sent in tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Kong Police Shoot a Protester With a Live Bullet for the First Time.

“It was almost certain to further inflame protesters who have accused the police of employing overly aggressive tactics in the streets. Calls for an independent inquiry into the police’s behavior are among the key demands that protesters have issued to the Hong Kong government.”

Much more coverage from Michael Yon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2019 at 9:46 AM, B-Man said:

Hong Kong Police Shoot a Protester With a Live Bullet for the First Time.

“It was almost certain to further inflame protesters who have accused the police of employing overly aggressive tactics in the streets. Calls for an independent inquiry into the police’s behavior are among the key demands that protesters have issued to the Hong Kong government.”

Much more coverage from Michael Yon.

If they're outraged now, wait until the Chinese government bills the victim's family for the bullet...