Hong Kong Protest

3rdnlng

Trump mocks NBA coach Steve Kerr for China stance, calls him 'little boy'

President Trump mocked Golden State Warriors coach and frequent critic Steve Kerr for how he responded to a question about a controversy between China and the NBA, calling Kerr a “little boy.”

Trump took shots at San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich as well.

“He was like a little boy, he was so scared.... He was shaking,” Trump said of Kerr when he was asked for his thoughts on whether the Chinese were wrong to be putting pressure on the NBA after Houston Rockets manager Daryl Morey tweeted out a since-deleted photo in support of anti-government protesters in Hong Kong. Protesters have for months demonstrated against China allegedly infringing on their Western-style democratic rights.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trump-mocks-nba-coach-steve-kerr-for-china-stance-calls-him-little-boy

Looks like Trump is giving his ok for China to crush freedom in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

President Trump mocked Golden State Warriors coach and frequent critic Steve Kerr for how he responded to a question about a controversy between China and the NBA, calling Kerr a “little boy.”

“He was like a little boy, he was so scared.... He was shaking,” Trump said of Kerr when he was asked for his thoughts on whether the Chinese were wrong to be putting pressure on the NBA after Houston Rockets manager Daryl Morey tweeted out a since-deleted photo in support of anti-government protesters in Hong Kong. Protesters have for months demonstrated against China allegedly infringing on their Western-style democratic rights.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trump-mocks-nba-coach-steve-kerr-for-china-stance-calls-him-little-boy

Looks like Trump is giving his ok for China to crush freedom in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Did we read the same article? He was pointing out the hypocrisy of Popovich and Kerr, who are generally so eager to speak to social issues, but for some reason have decided to stay mum on this.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Seriously, that's your take on what you posted/linked to? Trump busts Kerr's and Popovich's balls for their nonexistence stance on freedom and you look at it in that way? The TDS is strong with you.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seriously, that's your take on what you posted/linked to? Trump busts Kerr's and Popovich's balls for their nonexistence stance on freedom and you look at it in that way? The TDS is strong with you.

I see these things, then go back and read the article and start questioning myself if I missed something. Some of these people are just ***** nuts. The normal mind cant comprehend this type of thought process. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Did we read the same article? He was pointing out the hypocrisy of Popovich and Kerr, who are generally so eager to speak to social issues, but for some reason have decided to stay mum on this.

You are right , me wrong :oops:

Made the wrong assumption . I can't remember Trump speaking up for the Hong Kong protesters against China.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

You are right , me wrong :oops:

Made the wrong assumption . I can't remember Trump speaking up for the Hong Kong protesters against China.

He has commented several times but always w a focus on solving the conflict peacefully rather than his usual (stilted) bluster. 

The trade deal negotiations limit how much stick v carrot he can use in public comments I imagine — though he has said that calculus though goes away if/when China goes too far in HK. 

What’s “too far” exactly is undefined. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, njbuff said:

How are fans of the NBA going to take this?

I think the NBA is garbage and I don’t ever watch a second of it ...........

but how do the diehards feel?

i will tape and watch Utah and Portland games, two decent and honest franchises.

As Twitchy told you yesterday, Irvine-based videogame giant Blizzard Entertainment suspended Chung Ng Wai, a “Hearthstone” gamer from Hong Kong, for one year and forced him to forfeit his prize money for the crime of expressing support for Hong Kong protesters at the end of one of his livestreams.

In the wake of Blizzard’s shameful cowardice, designer, fellow gamer, and former Blizzard team lead Mark Kern is taking a stand — and shining an important spotlight on China’s corrupting influence.

More at his site

SASSE, CRUZ, AOC, OTHERS IN CONGRESS SEND BIPARTISAN LETTER TO NBA: Stop Kissing China’s Ass And Suspend Your Operations There For Now. “You have to screw up awfully badly in America 2019 to forge a coalition of critics that includes Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse, Tom Cotton, Ron Wyden, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, especially at a moment when Democrats and Republicans are at each other’s throats over impeachment. Congrats to the NBA for pulling it off with their fulsome Chinese bootlicking.”

ESPN BOWS TO COMMUNIST CHINA, POSTS ILLEGITIMATE PROPAGANDA MAP OF CHINA:

ESPN’s “SportsCenter” aired an illegitimate map of China on Wednesday morning that featured Chinese propaganda claiming that the communist nation owns the disputed South China Sea, Taiwan, part of the Philippines, and Arunachal Pradesh.

The map is known as China’s “10-dash line” map which “features 10 dash lines instead of nine dash lines to mark a huge swath of the South China Sea in a tongue-shaped encirclement as Chinese territory,” GMA Network, a major national commercial broadcast television and radio network in the Philippines, reported in 2013. “Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam have been contesting China’s massive claim of the territory. Nine dashes in the new Chinese map are in the South China Sea and a tenth dash has been placed near Taiwan, purportedly to signify that territory’s status as a Chinese province.”

Ankit Panda, Senior Editor of The Diplomat, noticed that the map also purportedly included Arunachal Pradesh — which is a state of India — in the map of China.

espn_china_nine_dash_line_10-9-191.jpg

As PBS noted in an article last week headlined, “In China’s film industry, the Communist Party is in the director’s chair,” Disney, parent company to ESPN and ABC, “is not going to offend China — they’ve had so much invested there, with theme parks, etc., and their films,” quoting Stanley Rosen, “a professor of political science specializing in Chinese studies at the University of Southern California.”

• Like (+1) 2