Right Wing Terrorism Thread

Since we had a terrorism thread about a religious group, seems fair and balanced to have one on the right wing 

Since we had a terrorism thread aimed at a religious group, maybe a fair and balanced approach is necessary 

The Christian Science Monitor reports: “Terror attacks around the world have receded since 2014, falling from about 17,000 in 2014 to about 11,000 in 2017, according to the University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database." However, while Islamic terrorist attacks are The Christian Science Monitor reports: “Terror attacks around the world have receded since 2014, falling from about 17,000 in 2014 to about 11,000 in 2017, according to the University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database." However, while Islamic terrorist attacks are decreasing in the Middle East, “the U.S. has seen a recent surge, experts say, led by a more visible and aggressive community of white supremacists and neo-Nazis. There were 65 terror-related incidents in the U.S. in 2017, up from 6 in 2006. Of these, 37 were tied to anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic, or other racist, xenophobic motivations

According to ADL’s Center on Extremism, 73.3% of U.S. extremist-related murders in the past decade were committed by right-wing extremists, including white supremacists. Leaders must immediately take concrete steps to curb this alarming trend. #ElPaso

9 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I see the people pushing the Russian collusion monster bedtime story have now smoothly transitioned to

the murderous racist white male monster story. 

Are they not connected? Even you guys have been saying Putin interfered in our elections to sow chaos. Well...

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I tried brushing my teeth last night with an apple, it was just awful

If you eat the apple, it will really help you out. Very good source of fiber. Cleans out the system, and you seem really full of it, so eat your apple 

• Haha (+1) 2

Gosh darn, every year I don’t put the hammock up and every year I regret it by the first week of August 

Just now, Tiberius said:

If you eat the apple, it will really help you out. Very good source of fiber. Cleans out the system, and you seem really full of it, so eat your apple 

You completely whiffed on the cultural reference to brushing my teeth with an apple?!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Gosh darn, every year I don’t put the hammock up and every year I regret it by the first week of August 

You completely whiffed on the cultural reference to brushing my teeth with an apple?!!!!!!!

I did 

brushing teeth with an apple from www.curaprox.com
Popular wisdom says that an apple cleans the teeth as well as a brush and toothpaste. ... As frequently happens, the traditional wisdom of using an apple as a replacement for brushing does have a grain of truth in it .

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I did 

Curb Your Enthusiasm S6E7 as Larry slays a jerk yelling into his Bluetooth ear-thingy at a restaurant

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

Mid 80's with high humidity. Thank God for ac.

Where you located? 

• Like (+1) 1

Seems to be a big problem. I’d guess we need to start vetting white males before they apply for citizenship. I’m sure there’s a backlog of these cases, but Trump should send extra personnel to the borders. See Tibs, that was easy. End thread

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm S6E7 as Larry slays a jerk yelling into his Bluetooth ear-thingy at a restaurant

Where you located? 

I'm from Rochester, but I'm on vacation outside DC. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems to be a big problem. I’d guess we need to start vetting white males before they apply for citizenship. I’m sure there’s a backlog of these cases, but Trump should send extra personnel to the borders. See Tibs, that was easy. End thread

I'll end thread when threat is over. 

I dont get it, Terrorism is suddenly not that important? Why is that? 

Just now, westside2 said:

I'm from Rochester, but I'm on vacation outside DC. 

DC is brutal!!  Reminds you it is southern swampland 

did Gettysburg and DC a few years ago, the kids selling bottles of ice-chilled water at the Mall was one of best memories

Just now, Tiberius said:

Sadly getting immune to it, possibly?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Who said it wasn’t important ? I’m not sure what you’ll suggest to be done about it though. Deport all white male American citizens to somewhere ?  The threat isn’t that great, just overblown by some media outlets. I’d say you’re pretty safe, even if you stroll into WalMart. You’re really grasping here. There is no common organization ( almost certainly not any religious group ) that any f these peeps is known to be a part of. The Dayton and El Paso shooters seem quite opposite of each other. Their only connection seems to be that they were both Caucasian ( as is most of the Country ) so........? 

Edited by Boatdrinks

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

When you start labeling it left or right it's not worth discussing.  Partisan *****stick. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Who said it wasn’t important ? I’m not sure what you’ll suggest to be done about it though. Deport all white male American citizens to somewhere ?  The threat isn’t that great, just overblown by some media outlets. I’d say you’re pretty safe, even if you stroll into WalMart. 

So is it important or not that great? Gees, do you suffer from schizophrenia?? 

Walmart? How about a synogague, like the Tree of Life in Pittsburg that got all shot up by a right wing nut? 

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well, they won't put them on trial, yes...

Guantanamo for water boarding 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So is it important or not that great? Gees, do you suffer from schizophrenia?? 

Walmart? How about a synogague, like the Tree of Life in Pittsburg that got all shot up by a right wing nut? 

I’d still say you’re pretty safe in a synagogue or wherever. While I said terrorism is always an important concern, it still remains that the threat is not all that great. These are not schizophrenic views. Kind of like driving a car on the highway. You’re taking a risk, but the overall risk isn’t all that high. You’re probably fine. You could lock yourself in, not attend any religious services and shop on Amazon or use instacart. You’d be reducing your risk, but I’d venture that it’s overkill to do so. Your risk is probably much greater going for a stroll in the ‘hood of Chicago than it is going to random place of worship. You can’t live life off of CNN hyperbole. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I saw what you did there, Sir.

You were supposed to see it.  :rolleyes:

Seizing people's property without due process based solely on suspicion happens every goddamn day in the United States.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d still say you’re pretty safe in a synagogue or wherever. While I said terrorism is always an important concern, it still remains that the threat is not all that great. These are not schizophrenic views. Kind of like driving a car on the highway. You’re taking a risk, but the overall risk isn’t all that high. You’re probably fine. You could lock yourself in, not attend any religious services and shop on Amazon or use instacart. You’d be reducing your risk, but I’d venture that it’s overkill to do so. Your risk is probably much greater going for a stroll in the ‘hood of Chicago than it is going to random place of worship. You can’t live life off of CNN hyperbole. 

Yes, I agree it is a important concern. And the president should stop feeding these monsters hateful rhetoric that makes these scum bags feel justified. 

Do do you agree that if a Muslim had murdered Christian church goers the right wing would be going nuts screaming about it? You know Trump iniatied a travel ban of people because he claimed they were terrorists? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, I agree it is a important concern. And the president should stop feeding these monsters hateful rhetoric that makes these scum bags feel justified. 

Do do you agree that if a Muslim had murdered Christian church goers the right wing would be going nuts screaming about it? You know Trump iniatied a travel ban of people because he claimed they were terrorists? 

There is no hateful rhetoric. That’s a media creation. Yes, there would be an outcry because thatvreligion is known to condone and glorify murdering of “ infidels” ( meaning anyone who isn’t Muslim). I think there was quite an outcry about the synagogue shooting. However, there is no particular religious  ( or other ) organization that the perp belonged to. That makes things difficult. There’s no obvious connection between a few one off nutjobs that commit these crimes. Nor was there in Sandy Hook, or Columbine et al. These were committed by Americans, not foreigners. They happen to be white, as are most Americans. What should people do, be outraged at white folks ? Be ashamed of their whiteness and stay indoors or repent openly to every non white person they see ? ( CNN and Don Lemon in particular would support this ). So there’s not much to be done. It’s not that huge a threat on a daily basis is any one place. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

There is no hateful rhetoric. That’s a media creation. Yes, there would be an outcry because thatvreligion is known to condone and glorify murdering of “ infidels” ( meaning anyone who isn’t Muslim). I think there was quite an outcry about the synagogue shooting. However, there is no particular religious  ( or other ) organization that the perp belonged to. That makes things difficult. There’s no obvious connection between a few one off nutjobs that commit these crimes. Nor was there in Sandy Hook, or Columbine et al. These were committed by Americans, not foreigners. They happen to be white, as are most Americans. What should people do, be outraged at white folks ? Be ashamed of their whiteness and stay indoors or repent openly to every non white person they see ? ( CNN and Don Lemon in particular would support this ). So there’s not much to be done. It’s not that huge a threat on a daily basis is any one place. 

Oh no, Trumps hateful rhetoric about the caravan was directly quoted by the Tree of Life terrorist and the terrorist in El Paso spewed all sorts of Trump rhetoric and went right after the Mexicans, murdering them, because he thought they were an invasion, rapists and murderers, just like the President has been saying. No media outlet had to make that up, its Trump. 

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, Trumps hateful rhetoric about the caravan was directly quoted by the Tree of Life terrorist and the terrorist in El Paso spewed all sorts of Trump rhetoric and went right after the Mexicans, murdering them, because he thought they were an invasion, rapists and murderers, just like the President has been saying. No media outlet had to make that up, its Trump. 

You can’t do much about crazy. It is an invasion , and we have immigration laws that can and should be enforced to stop it. There’s no hate there, that is projected by the media. Enforcing laws isn’t hateful. Most people aren’t going to head out and shoot anyone. Personal responsibility, you know ? People have committed crimes due to all kinds of “ influences “ from drugs, to statements to rock and roll lyrics ? It’s still crazy, and I’d challenge you to show me where the President suggested that any citizen should attack another in any way. Leave law enforcement and immigration to the personnel trained to do it. Never look for logic from a nutjob who shoots people. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You were supposed to see it.  :rolleyes:

Seizing people's property without due process based solely on suspicion happens every goddamn day in the United States.  

Mental illness has a further bag of protection

The Anti-Defamation League reported:

In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S., a sharp increase from the 37 extremist-related murders documented in 2017, though still lower than the totals for 2015 (70) and 2016 (72). The 50 deaths make 2018 the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970.

The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists. Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case.

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You can’t do much about crazy. It is an invasion , and we have immigration laws that can and should be enforced to stop it. There’s no hate there, that is projected by the media. Enforcing laws isn’t hateful. Most people aren’t going to head out and shoot anyone. Personal responsibility, you know ? People have committed crimes do to all kinds of “ influences “ from drugs, to statements to rock and roll lyrics ? It’s still crazy, and I’d challenge you to show me where the President suggested that any citizen should attack another in any way. Leave law enforcement and immigration to the personnel trained to do it. Never look for logic from a nutjob who shoots people. 

"Invasion" means an attack, asylum seekers are nothing of the sort. You are in so deep you can't see the obvious truth