Democrat Debates

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Historically polls have been pretty accurate.

Until last election cycle -- when the world changed dramatically. Thinking it'll snap back to "normal" in an even more contentious election is, to me, asking a lot. 

Plus, polls weren't all that off in 2016. It's just that they were a representation of the popular vote and it was the electoral vote that got Trump into office.

That makes them meaningless since the election is not determined by the popular vote and never has been. Don't you see how that makes it even more blatant of an attempt to manipulate you and the country through "polls" that have no bearing on reality? 

I see. So you suspect polls are lying because people lie and it would be closet case Trump voters doing the lying.

Interesting.

I wonder if that would be your suspicion if Trump were ahead in the polls...

Incorrect. My assumption isn't the polls are lying, it's that the people are lying to the pollsters -- thus making their data worthless. You do see that distinction, no? 

Add 10 to any poll number with Trump and you'll be closer to reality. I promise. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Until last election cycle -- when the world changed dramatically. Thinking it'll snap back to "normal" in an even more contentious election is, to me, asking a lot. 

That makes them meaningless since the election is not determined by the popular vote and never has been. Don't you see how that makes it even more blatant of an attempt to manipulate you and the country through "polls" that have no bearing on reality? 

Incorrect. My assumption isn't the polls are lying, it's that the people are lying to the pollsters -- thus making their data worthless. You do see that distinction, no? 

Add 10 to any poll number with Trump and you'll be closer to reality. I promise. 

Are you ready, then, to commit to my proposed bet?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you ready, then, to commit to my proposed bet?

You keep changing the stakes -- you think Biden is a lock. I disagree entirely. 

I'm all for a friendly wager but if you're getting the whole field, then you gotta give me better odds. 

If Trump loses I'll change my avatar to one of your choosing of whomever beats him for a year -- no problem. 

When Trump wins, you have to change your avatar to a Trump one of my choosing for four years. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm all for a friendly wager but if you're getting the whole field, then you gotta give me better odds. 

If Trump loses I'll change my avatar to one of your choosing of whomever beats him for a year -- no problem. 

When Trump wins, you have to change your avatar to a Trump one of my choosing for four years. 

I will take that bet, but you have to change your avatar to my pic of my lovely wife! 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Honest question though -- how can you trust polls after 2016,

The national polls were not wrong and well within any error margin. But Trump was focusing on the electoral map, which most were not. 

For the poll here, the margin is not 3%. It's 20. Biden has a big lead. 

That said, with California coming earlier, the person who wins CA (Bernie could be that guy given his huge cash reserve and liberal bent) may get on an unstoppable roll. 

33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Keep up, BM. 

21 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It was during the primaries and he called for a complete ban on Muslim immigration until we figure what the hell is going on.  Whatever that means.  He didn't know about some list until he got into office.  Don't give me revisionist history bullcrap.

Honest question.  Is what he said racist?

I don't keep changing the stakes.  I've been trying to get you to commit to this exact same friendly wager for awhile now.  You said beers at a Bills game, which would be great except I can't make a Bills game this year and make them once a year if I'm lucky.

I was a little overzealous with Biden being a lock.  I think he is by far THE most likely democratic candidate running, though.

Why do you need better odds?

Have you been paying attention to what you've been saying about Trump vs. ANY of these democratic candidates?  You've certainly been presenting absolute confidence that Trump would win.

Why would you need better odds for that?

Are you saying you're not actually that confident Trump is going to win?

20 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What I'm starting to understand is that you guys seem fine with our President being a complete moron, but get offended when he gets called a racist

You didn't answer the last time I asked to I'll try again.  Please define a racist. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Honest question.  Is what he said racist?

No.  He's an opportunist who played off people's fears of Muslims as he made that announcement right after the San Bernardino shooting before attending a rally in SC.  It was very much in the heat of the primary battle so it was a smart move.

Big McDouche is asking someone to make a bet with him. A warning to everyone: he doesn't honor his bets. He made a statement that if anyone could guess a secret about him that he would go away from PPP and never return. I guessed his secret (that he was not Canadian) and he admitted that was the secret. He lied and never left.

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you saying you're not actually that confident Trump is going to win?

No. I'm saying I'm saying since you won't do a friendly bet, there has to be odds. 

You're getting everyone in the field, I get one guy. I win, you get the avatar of my choosing for all of Trump's second term. You win, I get Biden (or whomever beats Trump) for a year. Easy peasy. 

36 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Big McDouche is asking someone to make a bet with him. A warning to everyone: he doesn't honor his bets. He made a statement that if anyone could guess a secret about him that he would go away from PPP and never return. I guessed his secret (that he was not Canadian) and he admitted that was the secret. He lied and never left.

maybe he's just living his truth, but his truth is a lie? 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No. I'm saying I'm saying since you won't do a friendly bet, there has to be odds. 

This is a friendly bet.

How do you define a friendly bet?

There's no money involved here.

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're getting everyone in the field, I get one guy. I win, you get the avatar of my choosing for all of Trump's second term. You win, I get Biden (or whomever beats Trump) for a year. Easy peasy. 

Again, you've adamantly said that no Democrat on that stage stands a chance against Trump.  Everyone in the field is just who's on that stage and who's in the Democratic party.

Are you thinking someone like Michelle Obama is going to shock the world and jump into the race or something?

Trump isn't running against the field.  He's running against a single candidate.  That candidate just hasn't been decided, yet.

Odds don't make sense for a One vs. One scenario.

Fine, I'll limit it to Trump vs. anyone who was on the stage during the last 2 debates alone.

Better?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Jimmy-Fallon-What.gif

You makin stuff up now?

Please direct my attention (along with everyone else's) to that interaction with a link.

Edited by transplantbillsfan