All 50 States Were Attacked By Russia Election Interference

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

Maybe Obama should be subpoenaed and asked why he did nothing about it.

Otherwise, Russia isn't even close to being our biggest threat. China and Google for starters.

Considering the widespread findings are that, in fact, Russia "tried to" but did not directly influence a single vote, seems Obama's off the hook.

Trump's still on the hook and, as we learned from Mueller the other day, is likely still under a counterintelligence investigation. 

Forgive the fact that anyone might be critical of a guy who is directly warned by multiple US intelligence agencies that Russia is directly meddling in the current election he's participating in and then goes out and says, "Russia, if you're listening, we'd love those emails!"

There are very good reasons the majority of this country loathes Trump. I will give him this, he's probably giving the country the most serious evaluation of whether our electoral college is outdated or not.

If he happens to win in 2020 (I doubt he will, but after 2016, who knows? Russians and others will still meddle afterall), then I suspect that the American voting system as we know it would have a lifespan of a decade at most.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Considering the widespread findings are that, in fact, Russia "tried to" but did not directly influence a single vote, seems Obama's off the hook.

Trump's still on the hook and, as we learned from Mueller the other day, is likely still under a counterintelligence investigation. 

Forgive the fact that anyone might be critical of a guy who is directly warned by multiple US intelligence agencies that Russia is directly meddling in the current election he's participating in and then goes out and says, "Russia, if you're listening, we'd love those emails!"

There are very good reasons the majority of this country loathes Trump. I will give him this, he's probably giving the country the most serious evaluation of whether our electoral college is outdated or not.

If he happens to win in 2020 (I doubt he will, but after 2016, who knows? Russians and others will still meddle afterall), then I suspect that the American voting system as we know it would have a lifespan of a decade at most.

You made five points there.

1. The Democrats seem to think that Trump overthrew the election with massive help from the Russians, so indeed Obama is absolutely on the hook. Plus Obama spied on Trump. That is a fact that no one can dispute. All the evidence is out there. If you don't want to believe that, that's on you, not me.

2. Trump is under scrutiny because the Democrats in the House won't stop with their idiotic investigations. 5 separate investigations have exonerated Trump. You wanna still believe Trump is some Russian troll. that's on you, not me.

3. The "17": agencies that are out to get the man, that included never telling him about what Russia is going to do during the campaign and put people in there to spy on him and his campaign. And you do know he was totally joking about the emails? If you and others can't take a joke, that's on you, not him.

4. I am a swing voter and Trump's approval rating is going up, not down. The electoral college is the voting foundation of this country and if a Democrat is in the WH right now, it's not even an issue. Because asshats still wanna say,, but, but, but Hillary won the popular vote. That's on you, not me (Take out the 3 overwhelmingly liberal states and then tell me who crushes the popular vote, then come back to me).

5. There isn't a Democratic candidate that withstands a chance in 2020, yet you say you DOUBT he wins. What planet are you on? Russians and others will continue to try and meddle in out elections, always been that way, but not one vote will never be affected. The voting system has been around for a million years and will be around for a million more.

You may be a Trump and you may not be, who cares, point is, you seem out of touch with the swing voter in your rant.

I am stating facts in my rebuttal, if you don't like it, too bad. And I have never once said I supported or hated Trump.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lol “If Trump wins again, we have the change the rules!”

You have a broken brain.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mead107 said:

Did they change any votes in the voting machine? 

They don't know. That is an unknown. 

Why do you think the Russians were in doing this? 

24 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So Russia posted stuff on social media and that influenced the Election.  

Bull crap. 

Crap posted on social media every day by wacky Americans.  

And hacked into the voting systems...

10 hours ago, dubs said:

It’s funny. All of the election “interference” happened during the Obama administration. The same Obama that laughed at Mitt Romney and when Romney suggested Russia was a threat. The same administration that allowed the sale of uranium to a Russian company.  The same administration that didn’t do anything when Russia annexed Crimea.  

And you really think the Russian would want to disrupt the gravy train for Obama’s third term??  

Are you an American? 

Russia got exactly what I’m guessing they wanted...a divided America. And according to the Mueller Report they did it with nothing more than a few posts on Social Media. Tibs and the clueless Left have fallen head first into their ‘trap’ and are continuing to dwell on it three years later...brilliant! So let’s ask Hillary “are you going to accept the results of the election”?

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They don't know. That is an unknown. 

Why do you think the Russians were in doing this? 

And hacked into the voting systems...

Are you an American? 

Let’s go back to the old voting machine 

PULL THE LEVER.  

How come it always seems that more  votes are for democrats on absentee ballots? 

“O” we found more ballots.   

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Every paragraph of the above is either incorrect, not backed by facts, or a very poor inference/analysis of events. 

Every one. 

You start w a paragraph saying Russia didn’t impact the vote, so Obama is off the hook — then in your last paragraph you contradict that by implying Russian meddling in 2016 did have an impact and may again in 2020. That’s just poorly thought out...

In the next paragraph you say Trump is not off the hook (he is, mueller closed - it’s over) and say he’s likely still under a CI probe. You take that from Mueller’s testimony which didn’t say that at all. In fact, the CI investigation he referred to is being run by Huber, Durham, and Barr and is about the origin of the INVESTIGATION itself, not Trump. So, you’re factually incorrect. 

In the next paragraph you betray how little you know about the facts of the matter. You claim trump was warned by multiple intel agencies but this is false and a big part of the problem. Trump was never given a full and proper FBI or USIC briefing on the Russian efforts despite several of his campaign staff being targeted/investigated by the FBI. This was a violation of protocol and done to entrap Trump. Case in point: when Diane Fienstein’s driver was discovered to be a Chinese spook, she was briefed immediately and she fired the guy. Trump wasn’t warned about anyone on his team but Flynn and Rogers (by Obama AFTER he had already won). 

Helps to know basic facts of the case before opining on them. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Every paragraph of the above is either incorrect, not backed by facts, or a very poor inference/analysis of events. 

Every one. 

You start w a paragraph saying Russia didn’t impact the vote, so Obama is off the hook — then in your last paragraph you contradict that by implying Russian meddling in 2016 did have an impact and may again in 2020. That’s just poorly thought out...

In the next paragraph you say Trump is not off the hook (he is, mueller closed - it’s over) and say he’s likely still under a CI probe. You take that from Mueller’s testimony which didn’t say that at all. In fact, the CI investigation he referred to is being run by Huber, Durham, and Barr and is about the origin of the INVESTIGATION itself, not Trump. So, you’re factually incorrect. 

In the next paragraph you betray how little you know about the facts of the matter. You claim trump was warned by multiple intel agencies but this is false and a big part of the problem. Trump was never given a full and proper FBI or USIC briefing on the Russian efforts despite several of his campaign staff being targeted/investigated by the FBI. This was a violation of protocol and done to entrap Trump. Case in point: when Diane Fienstein’s driver was discovered to be a Chinese spook, she was briefed immediately and she fired the guy. Trump wasn’t warned about anyone on his team but Flynn and Rogers (by Obama AFTER he had already won). 

Helps to know basic facts of the case before opining on them. 

He wasn't worth your reasoned response. I don't know about you but my patience for ignorant part-time posters is running awfully thin.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Only moments after former special counsel Robert S. Mueller III sounded the alarm about Russia’s continuing efforts to undermine America’s democracy, the Republican Party jumped into action — on Russia’s side.

After hearing Mueller tell Congress that the Kremlin is still attacking the U.S. political system, Democratic senators reasonably expected that all their colleagues would rally to protect the country. How naive of them. Democrats then asked the Senate to quickly and unanimously approve a package of election security bills that had already been passed by the House. But a Republican senator, Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, blocked them. A short while later, in the wake of Mueller’s assessment that “the Russian government’s effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious” challenges to American democracy that he has seen during his long career, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked yet another bill aimed at securing U.S. elections. That was the fourth such bill, so far.

Why are Republicans, the party of flag-huggers and fist-pumping “USA!” chants, throwing the gates open to America’s foes? The answer is as clear as it is disturbing: That’s what President Trump wants. And why does Trump want the country to lower its guard against a proven, ongoing assault by the Kremlin?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/07/25/what-do-republicans-have-against-secure-elections/?utm_term=.b2df210b2f04

49 minutes ago, dubs said:

Huh?  That’s your response?  

Are you an adult?

It was a serious question, first, most Americans know that elections are run by the states, two, most Americans would be actually alarmed a foreign power was infiltrating our election system, and three, foreign actors (trolls) are flooding our social media. 

Are you an American?