Classic live albums

Just Jack

29 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Already mentioned but worth mentioning again... Led Zeppelin... Song Remains the Same.

Does anybody remember laughter?????

• Like (+1) 2

All of my personal favorites have been mentioned with the exception of:

The Kinks - One For the Road.  That album made the summer of 1980 for me.  

U2 - Live At Red Rocks - That version of Bad is one of the best things i've ever heard.  

When i saw Genesis in '07 they were offering a soundboard recording of that night's concert at themusic.org.  So i have that and it's really well done.

Last, the bootleg i have of the opening night of Rush's R30 Tour in Nashville is fantastic and my favorite live "album" of all time.

19 hours ago, row_33 said:

image.png.b50a8118b9492bab06e94425dffbd851.png

A good early pop concert, I think a lot was a studio enhancement.

Hard to believe Brian would be that way....

The greatest summer music/ band to listen to ever still I think.

Edited by I am the egg man

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

The greatest summer music/ band to listen to ever still I think.

Great jukebox of singles and a few solid albums from 1968 to 1973 (for serious fans)

On 7/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Zeppelin BBC Sessions are awesome.

I’ve been rocking Zepp How Many Times BBC session for months!  All bbc recordings are must listens imo 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Philly McButterpants said:

U2 - Live At Red Rocks - That version of Bad is one of the best things i've ever heard.  

Fantastic call!  Excellent live album and I agree 100% re: Bad.

16 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

STP Unplugged was also good!

Funny (to me) story:  I was getting out of the Navy in 1993.  I left France and headed back to Norfolk, VA to begin my exit processing.  I caught the video of Weiland and Dean DeLeo doing "Plush," with just an acoustic guitar.

LOVED IT.  It was the first I'd ever heard of STP and the only song I'd ever heard from them.

So I went out and bought "Core."  Holy ***** was I surprised at what it was.  I was expecting acoustic rock, LOL.  Turns out, it was one of the greatest albums I'd ever heard and I was hooked on STP from the start.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Fantastic call!  Excellent live album and I agree 100% re: Bad.

Funny (to me) story:  I was getting out of the Navy in 1993.  I left France and headed back to Norfolk, VA to begin my exit processing.  I caught the video of Weiland and Dean DeLeo doing "Plush," with just an acoustic guitar.

LOVED IT.  It was the first I'd ever heard of STP and the only song I'd ever heard from them.

So I went out and bought "Core."  Holy ***** was I surprised at what it was.  I was expecting acoustic rock, LOL.  Turns out, it was one of the greatest albums I'd ever heard and I was hooked on STP from the start.

It is amazing how we discover music. I didn't even like them to begin with.

I remember going back to school at UB It turns out that STP played at the school and I missed it! Someone told me and I was like "They were here?"

Edited by Rocket94

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

It is amazing how we discover music. I didn't even like them to begin with.

I remember going back to school at UB in 2005. It turns out that STP played at the school and I missed it! Someone told me and I was like "They were here?"

Friend of mine was at UB in the early 90s and passed up a Nirvana show for a party.  Never got to see them.  Kicks himself.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Friend of mine was at UB in the early 90s and passed up a Nirvana show for a party.  Never got to see them.  Kicks himself.

read that at first as something to do with UB40....

• Haha (+1) 1