Are Tariffs The Right Way To Force Mexico To Help?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Everyone can't be a lazy bum sitting around complaining about the government 

You're right, not everyone is a liberal. Thank God for that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico. The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended. Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....

....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Chris farley said:
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico. The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended. Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....

....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!

Oh boy if this deal sticks and is effective, the left will melt down. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Oh boy if this deal sticks and is effective, the left will melt down. 

Naw...............they already got a good two weeks of condemning him........(for something that never took effect :w00t:)

ON TO THE NEXT SQUIRREL ! 

DEVELOPING: Trump announces tariff-avoiding deal with Mexico.

Pop the tequila and pass the guacamole — the US has struck a trade deal with Mexico that will avert tariffs on imports.

“I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico,” President Trump tweeted Friday night.

“The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended,” he added.

“Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border,” he said.

Related: Mexico Capitulates to Trump’s Tariff Threat, Deploys 6,000 Troops to Guatemalan Border to Curb Migration.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Naw...............they already got a good two weeks of condemning him........(for something that never took effect :w00t:)

They've already started their new narrative. Look at the twitter comments under Trump's announcement, it's full of liberals suddenly being on the same page claiming that Trump "created" a crisis, so that he could "solve" the crisis.

If this holds up, it will be even funnier than the "coverup by releasing information" nonsense they tried last week.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Chris farley said:
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

whelp.... i guess that answers the OP.  close 'er down Scotty.

• Like (+1) 1

So, in the last analysis, the stick is more effective than the carrot.  Trump is about as subtle as a semi truck, but there are those times when his approach yields quick results.  Now the concern is monitoring the agreement's implementation.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Foxx said:
  16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

... And what about the work they did? How much did it help the economy to have them here producing goods and services? That's part of the equation, too. Everyone can't be a lazy bum sitting around complaining about the government 

Or submitting comments for our edification that are as flat as a pancake over the pseudonym of a Roman Emperor.

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I would love to hear what the OP has to say about the recent developments.  What say you @Tiberius ?  Sure it's likely too early to tell I'm just wanting to hear your spin spin spin on how these tariffs have played out so far. 

He has not heard from his handlers yet so no response.  

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I would love to hear what the OP has to say about the recent developments.  What say you @Tiberius ?  Sure it's likely too early to tell I'm just wanting to hear your spin spin spin on how these tariffs have played out so far. 

As the OP I say so far, so good. On another note, I'll be having words with you on the confusion, Big McDouche.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

He has not heard from his handlers yet so no response.  

mlm

Obviously time will tell if this is effective, but damn it’s nice to finally act like the big dog at the table that we are.

This is even sweeter after the Mexicans president’s comment about trumps boarder philosophy being immoral. F that guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Just to be clear I was talking about Tibs. Sorry for any confusion.

Chef Jim (aka BigMcDouche) deserves theshit for the initial confusion. I gave you the finger because you blindly went along with him. mlm, again.

If you think this is anything but light banter you are wrong. In addition, don't ever apologize here again.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Now why did I think Tibs started this?  Sorry. 

I'll tell you why you thought HAHA Gator started this. He is always on the wrong side of things. I think the last time he was right was when he chose "tails" on the coin flip for the consolation game in his pee wee league. He still picked defense first and gave "Little Al Bundy" the wind. The rest is history.

• Haha (+1) 1