First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Spoiled:

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

(And, no, it wasn't Mark Twain... Not sure who's quote that was)

71° here... Haven't had the AC on in 10 months.  Doesn't look like that trend will break anytime soon...

I hate AC.  We’ve missed having it maybe 5 times in 3 years. 

One of my my millennials called in sick today because of the heat (‘light headed’).   I can only hope for his sake the real reason was ‘hangover’.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 11:28 AM, frostbitmic said:

It may hit 90 today in Rochester and the only word to describe that is AWESOME.

I love Summer !!!!!

cool  (ok sorry,  hot)   I'm headed up Wednesday and hoping for nice weather to sit by the pool or go for a walk by the lake

Its going to rain Wed through Monday in Virginia.  

Well I just finished mowing, not because I wanted to, but because this is the one window of opportunity for the next several days. So far I seem to have avoided heat stroke. Temp says 87, but real feel says 98. I'm going with 98.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 9:32 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Damn, the pollen thread reminded me of how much I hate freaking summer! Last 3 days in the '90s, next 4 days after today all 95+ with humidity...and we got 3 more months of this crap!

No freaking sports to watch, reminded every day how fat I am as no sweaters or hoodies to hide behind, watering plants EVERY FREAKING DAY so they don't die, water bills through the yazoo for the lawn....,,, there is just absolutely zero, and I do mean zero, that is redeeming about a Mid Atlantic summer(well, except hot sweaty girls with clingy shirts on the metro). By far the worst 3 months on the calendar just.... get me to freaking September already..Even August and pre season football gives me hope. June and July...urghhhhhhhh

How you like me now?

man, this weather sucks. Stuck inside, most the tracks cancelled today so OTB is useless, been to every museum in Richmond 10 times, movies all way crowded, wife is gone for the weekend so no even "lets get drunk and " .

Thank God for PPP, at least it is keeping me entertained!

Good timing for me!  I’m in Scotland with my wife. Spending a few weeks touring around and looking at scenery, castles, ruins, distilleries, beautiful women with pale complexions and reddish-brown hair, eating fish and chips, wishing we golfed, etc.

The temperature is in the 60’s and low 70’s. Perfect. Very little rain so far.  Just finished the first week of three weeks. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1