First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

On 5/27/2019 at 12:46 PM, Augie said:

I absolutely LOVE summer! What sucks is I don’t have a pool anymore. That needs to be fixed. Even the wife, who thought she was over pools, is down with the idea. Not enough room here, so I’m house shopping! YAY! 

Winter blows here. I’d rather have 5 degrees and snow than 40 and rain every day. Now THAT sucks! 

I love having a pool. Especially a 48k gallon salt water. Basically every summer weekend at our place is just a big pool party. Had a bunch over for Memorial Day weekend, 9 kids all but one of em under 5. Everyone brings various types of food & booze. I alternate between manning the grill and wrangling our 2.5 year old in the pool. Was supposed to storm almost all day last Sunday, only did for about 1-2 hrs. Had an absolute blast & consumed an obscene amount of beers. Then did it all over again Monday! Summer is awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2019 at 12:54 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Come to wonderful New Hampshire where summer lasts about 6 weeks and evening temps in July can still drop to the 40s

Seriously my wife is having a bad pollen reaction too. She looks like one of those mutant, bug-eyed koi pond fish.

She's cute!!

Image result for rodney dangerfield

• Haha (+1) 1

how can anyone hate summer.  i've finally been out the last couple of weekends after being stuffed indoors since november.  it's not even the cold during the winter...it's the lack of sun that's the kicker.  even when the snow finally went away, it rained the entire months of april and may.  gray, wet and still cold.  we were supposed to have a backyard project at our house done by memorial day.  they haven't even started yet because of the rain.  it's been awful here.  i can't wait for those sunny, roasty days.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, teef said:

how can anyone hate summer.  i've finally been out the last couple of weekends after being stuffed indoors since november.  it's not even the cold during the winter...it's the lack of sun that's the kicker.  even when the snow finally went away, it rained the entire months of april and may.  gray, wet and still cold.  we were supposed to have a backyard project at our house done by memorial day.  they haven't even started yet because of the rain.  it's been awful here.  i can't wait for those sunny, roasty days.

I've been swimming at my neighborhood pool since mid April.  It was mid 80's already.  It's now 90 every day.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've been swimming at my neighborhood pool since mid April.  It was mid 80's already.  It's now 90 every day.

it was 42 when i left my house this morning.  42.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It was around 70 when I left for work about 7:00 am this morning.  It's going to be a little chilly for us this week with the rain coming....mid 80's most of the week.

i'd kill for that weather.  i'm ready to go swimming, but our heater isn't working for some reason.  i'm going through on of those weird periods where everything is breaking on me.

12 minutes ago, teef said:

i'd kill for that weather.  i'm ready to go swimming, but our heater isn't working for some reason.  i'm going through on of those weird periods where everything is breaking on me.

We're nearly the same age and I'm not sure which I'd rather have at this point if I had to choose only one..........material "things" breaking around me, or pains in the body somewhere. Both stink.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Only if it's veneer because a solid wood desk is much heavier and you could throw out your back.

no joke.  i threw out my back at 2:30 am today coughing.  i didn't think i'd even be able to work today.  thank god for massive doses of ibuprofen.

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

We're nearly the same age and I'm not sure which I'd rather have at this point if I had to choose only one..........material "things" breaking around me, or pains in the body somewhere. Both stink.

check my previous post.  both are happening.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

no joke.  i threw out my back at 2:30 am today coughing.  i didn't think i'd even be able to work today.  thank god for massive doses of ibuprofen.

check my previous post.  both are happening.

With your practice, do you find you sit more or walk between offices more? I love my stand-up desk to change things up. I work from home so there's no "office walks" I can take........unless you call me going to the bathroom a "walk." I know @plenzmd1 considers that a tax write-off......

Back to the original topic. I live in Cincy so the summers can be really, really humid around here. Not Atlanta-hot or DC hot, but still brutal. I honestly prefer winter; no bugs, lower energy bills (I keep it cold), no sweating just by going outside, no sunscreen. Now, my winters here are WAY easier than Buffalo and much shorter. Hell, I've played golf two days after Xmas. 

4 minutes ago, teef said:

Now I'm not telling you what to do...I mean you're a grown man.  But...if you intake the ibuprofen rectally....it works better and faster.