First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

2 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Our last 80 degree day was last year on October 3rd and we didn't hit 80 again until May 25th up here! It was 84 here last Saturday. Today it was only 55 degrees.

That’s the forecast for tomorrow in central NY

Last Summer was beautiful here! We had leaves on the trees 2 to 3 weeks earlier last year than this year. This year our winter was brutal and this spring was awful too. Southern Wisconsin got a snowstorm the last week of April and Northern Wisconsin had snow just on May 20th!

4 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Very true lol.

It does suck a tiny bit as a middle aged man.  Can't go to Darien Lake (amusement park and camping) and check out 20-30 year old women anymore.  Can't keep up with the garden like I used to.  Weather has been kind of poor until now and just wondering if I should just let it go for next year and maybe throw some clover seed on for green manure and nitrogen.  All in all I still celebrate summer.  

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I much rather be able to go outside shirtless in bare feet at 2am as opposed to putting 3 layers of clothes and boots on.

To do what... take a piss?

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

To do what... take a piss?

Pretty much anything that would require one to go outside at 2 am. I suppose, that may fall into that category.  More the dog than me, but why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It does suck a tiny bit as a middle aged man.  Can't go to Darien Lake (amusement park and camping) and check out 20-30 year old women anymore.  Can't keep up with the garden like I used to.  Weather has been kind of poor until now and just wondering if I should just let it go for next year and maybe throw some clover seed on for green manure and nitrogen.  All in all I still celebrate summer.  

I thought you were still in your 30s.

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Pretty much anything that would require one to go outside at 2 am. I suppose, that may fall into that category.  

Smoke a doob?

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I much rather be able to go outside shirtless in bare feet at 2am as opposed to putting 3 layers of clothes and boots on.

Of course, for me "shirtless and bare feet at 2am" is comfortably mid-50s.

I loathe summer.  

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Of course, for me "shirtless and bare feet at 2am" is comfortably mid-50s.

I loathe summer.  

Another bonus is no bugs in the cooler weather.  I hate going out in the dark and having all manner of things clinging to you that you cant see.

32 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Another bonus is no bugs in the cooler weather.  I hate going out in the dark and having all manner of things clinging to you that you cant see.

My father was a bit of a cleanliness freak. One New Years Eve at friends, after multiple beverages, they mentioned his “no picnic policy” wouldn’t apply the next morning, as there are no flies on your food with temps in the teens. And THAT is how the New Years Day Picnic began at some state park. The adults were mostly hung over, with bloody Mary’s and bacon and eggs. The kids learned how to get lost on snow mobiles. Everyone survived. Go figure! 

• Like (+1) 1