Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Eichel is on another level when compared to most NHL players.

The bottom half of the roster is just so brutal.  Maybe some of the guys sent down to Rochester will help them.  Maybe keeping Sheary in Buffalo will also help Rochester.

Sucks wasting Jack’s career like this. Not seeing a lot about this team to feel good about even down the line.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Sucks wasting Jack’s career like this. Not seeing a lot about this team to feel good about even down the line.

I mean it's really sad.  It takes a miracle for anyone other than Eichel or someone set up by him, to score.  I just typed a Botts rant that included the word rudderless but I erased it because what's the point?  

I liked Whaley more than most did and realize that I was wrong after watching Beane in action.  I hope Krueger has a connection with a viable GM like McD had with Beane.  The Pegulas have seen this work once.  They can't let Botts run FA and the draft though.  No more Connor Shearys or Jimmy Vesey's.  One second after the season is over get the new guy.

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Botterill is trash.

Melon head has had 3 offseasons and they are still worse than they were under bylsma/murray.... and that is with a priming eichel.

What a disaster this guy is

That is what truly amazes me, how can they be worse and maxed out on the cap. It’s just unfathomable. And we will get the apologists in here who say “‘but we have cap room next year”... who cares? We have very little talent of interest to other teams for trades , and what team has ever built a franchise with aging players via free agency. 

What an embarrassment it is when rebuilding and much younger Ottawa is better shape organizationally than the Sabres. And there is  no doubt in my mind Ottawa will finish ahead of the Sabres this year. 

as @Helpmenow stated , I just don’t care anymore. Got home from dinner last night and just put the recording on 3x, next game will not even bother to watch at all prolly. 

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

That is what truly amazes me, how can they be worse and maxed out on the cap. It’s just unfathomable. And we will get the apologists in here who say “‘but we have cap room next year”... who cares? We have very little talent of interest to other teams for trades , and what team has ever built a franchise with aging players via free agency. 

What an embarrassment it is when rebuilding and much younger Ottawa is better shape organizationally than the Sabres. And there is  no doubt in my mind Ottawa will finish ahead of the Sabres this year. 

as @Helpmenow stated , I just don’t care anymore. Got home from dinner last night and just put the recording on 3x, next game will not even bother to watch at all prolly. 

The team needs to stay the course. The rebuild is working. You are too rash.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

^^^^^ There’s no frikkin way that I’m going to start looking up prospects and hoping to slot into a draft position and worrying about lottery odds.  No way.  Not this season. I’m done with that. I’ve got tickets to the Rangers game on Feb 7th.  I’m checked in until then.  After that game I’ll re-evaluate. 

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

^^^^^ There’s no frikkin way that I’m going to start looking up prospects and hoping to slot into a draft position and worrying about lottery odds.  No way.  Not this season. I’m done with that. I’ve got tickets to the Rangers game on Feb 7th.  I’m checked in until then.  After that game I’ll re-evaluate. 

Sadly, you may not have a choice. Bots has put himself in a box , and he is stuck. This injury ain’t gunna make trading any of the D men easier, and this team has scored 5 goals on 4 games. 

wont mention the best  offensive D man in the system outside of 26 is wasting away in the A cause Bots is too god dang proud to admit mistakes and just waive people. 

I for the life of me cannot see them realistically being in the playoff race end of January, but I have been wrong before!

i mean can’t Bogo get a bad shoulder ala Seabrook? 

Edited by plenzmd1

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sadly, you may not have a choice. Bots has put himself in a box , and he is stuck. This injury ain’t gunna make trading any of the D men easier, and this team has scored 5 goals on 4 games. 

wont mention the best  offensive D man in the system outside of 26 is wasting away in the A cause Bots is too god dang proud to admit mistakes and just waive people. 

I for the life of me cannot see them realistically being in the playoff race end of January, but I have been wrong before!

i mean can’t Bogo get a bad shoulder ala Seabrook? 

Well I consider decent d-men to be fairly valuable in a trade. So even though they have a glut and obvious holes to fill, at least they’d be starting trade talks from a higher position than if they had a random wing to trade. As for Bogo, he’s got to be a “healthy” scratch every night from here on out.  

I think they they can hold on to the 8th 9th 10th spot through my 2/7 game (and Skinner should be back by then). They’ve played very streaky all season so far.  My hope isn’t totally gone.  But I repeat that I’m done with the whole bottom feeder fan mentality (wanting prospects to get ice time, hoping to see the other team’s first string goalie, checking out draft day kids, looking at minor league games to see what the future might hold, seeing what we do on the trade deadline). This year, when I’m out I’m out until October 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Botterill is trash.

Melon head has had 3 offseasons and they are still worse than they were under bylsma/murray.... and that is with a priming eichel.

What a disaster this guy is

Murray has a huge part in all of this.  He pissed away tons of draft capital, for essentially nothing in return.    He was a socially awkward moron.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, snafu said:

Well I consider decent d-men to be fairly valuable in a trade. So even though they have a glut and obvious holes to fill, at least they’d be starting trade talks from a higher position than if they had a random wing to trade. As for Bogo, he’s got to be a “healthy” scratch every night from here on out.  

I think they they can hold on to the 8th 9th 10th spot through my 2/7 game (and Skinner should be back by then). They’ve played very streaky all season so far.  My hope isn’t totally gone.  But I repeat that I’m done with the whole bottom feeder fan mentality (wanting prospects to get ice time, hoping to see the other team’s first string goalie, checking out draft day kids, looking at minor league games to see what the future might hold, seeing what we do on the trade deadline). This year, when I’m out I’m out until October 2020. 

Hold on to 8/9/10?

Accounting for games in hand, they're in 12th now.

Losing Skinner already happened when he was taken off the Eichel line.  

At at this point I'd say they should wait until a new GM is in place before any moves, other than waiving guys and call ups, are made.  We can't afford to pick up yet another Mittlestadt, Vesey or Sheary.  

46 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Hold on to 8/9/10?

Accounting for games in hand, they're in 12th now.

Losing Skinner already happened when he was taken off the Eichel line.  

At at this point I'd say they should wait until a new GM is in place before any moves, other than waiving guys and call ups, are made.  We can't afford to pick up yet another Mittlestadt, Vesey or Sheary.  

I wasn’t looking at games in hand ☹️.

I’m sticking with my plan. 

39 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Only time when #9 says trade me

I think he wants to be here but at some point he will likely tire of the ineptitude.  He is championship ready now and Bots, despite being gifted with Dahlin, still has this team multiple years away even under the best possible scenarios. Seattle is closer.  All the talk of the upward trajectory would seem to make sense for a team with nowhere to go but up, yet somehow Bots makes you wonder.

45 minutes ago, bbb said:

Does anybody know if the Skinner injury is something that's been ongoing or is it new?

It’s new. It happened on a hit as he was headed off on a line change. I don’t remember who initiated it, Skinner or the Boston player,but skinner dropped his shoulder into the guy then fell to the ice and when he got up it looked like he was in pain. 

I am pretty sure its a shoulder injury of some type.