Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I would make that trade. Why not. It would get Pilut into the lineup, which would be awesome. I’d rather Pilut vs McCabe (though McCabe plays a different type of game. Tougher), and you guys could definitely use McCabe. 

How has Zacha been? I liked him in his draft year but it doesn’t seem like he’s ever really put it together. 

I also heard a rumor rumor about Evan Rodrigues for Miles Wood. That’s another one I’d do. ERod wants a trade. Ain’t gonna do much better than a player like Miles Wood. Iirc he’s from the buffalo area too, isn’t he? 

Zacha isn't bad and is a pretty good penalty killer, but he gets the wrath from Devils fans for his massive inability to finish his scoring chances.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

Zacha isn't bad and is a pretty good penalty killer, but he gets the wrath from Devils fans for his massive inability to finish his scoring chances.

Sounds like he’d fit right in then... ?

our PK could use a boost though. I’m sure that’s part of the reason they wanted Frolik. 

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Someone brought this up on Sabrespace and was immediately laughed at.  

The rumor was laughed at? Or the trade itself? Like NJ wouldn’t make that trade? Or we’d be idiots for making the trade? 

Now that I’m seeing his contract, I’m not sure I want to make this trade anymore. 

2 more years after this at $2.75M. If he regains his 20 goal form (well, 19) of a couple seasons ago, it would be a nice add. But if he keeps struggling last last season and this, it’s just one more player with a contract he’s not worth. 

Edit:

Eichel in OT!! Sabres needed that win BAD. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

The rumor was laughed at? Or the trade itself? Like NJ wouldn’t make that trade? Or we’d be idiots for making the trade? 

Now that I’m seeing his contract, I’m not sure I want to make this trade anymore. 

2 more years after this at $2.75M. If he regains his 20 goal form (well, 19) of a couple seasons ago, it would be a nice add. But if he keeps struggling last last season and this, it’s just one more player with a contract he’s not worth. 

Edit:

Eichel in OT!! Sabres needed that win BAD. 

Laughed that there’s no way NJ makes the trade. Erod never came close to 20 goals and somehow makes $2 mil

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Eichel with a clutch PS in OT to notch the come-from-behind win.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/edm-vs-buf/2020/01/02/2019020628#game=2019020628,game_state=final

He made a helluva play to set up the  breakaway that resulted in the penalty shot being awarded. The man can simply fly. Amazing. We are lucky to have him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

Laughed that there’s no way NJ makes the trade. Erod never came close to 20 goals and somehow makes $2 mil

You forgot the whining.

Just now, K-9 said:

He made a helluva play to set up the  breakaway that resulted in the penalty shot being awarded. The man can simply fly. Amazing. We are lucky to have him. 

He's outstanding and it was a great play.  Their goalie made an incredible save on the resulting opportunity.  I get why a penalty was called but not sure why it was a penalty shot.  Are there different rules in OT?

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You forgot the whining.

He's outstanding and it was a great play.  Their goalie made an incredible save on the resulting opportunity.  I get why a penalty was called but not sure why it was a penalty shot.  Are there different rules in OT?

Wasn’t it a breakaway? 

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The rules aren’t different in overtime. The ref simply made the determination that a clear scoring opportunity on a breakaway was lost because of the penalty committed. That’s pretty much the criteria. 

And yeah, Smith’s save on the resulting opportunity was amazing. Hasek like even.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I would make that trade. Why not. It would get Pilut into the lineup, which would be awesome. I’d rather Pilut vs McCabe (though McCabe plays a different type of game. Tougher), and you guys could definitely use McCabe. 

How has Zacha been? I liked him in his draft year but it doesn’t seem like he’s ever really put it together. 

I also heard a rumor rumor about Evan Rodrigues for Miles Wood. That’s another one I’d do. ERod wants a trade. Ain’t gonna do much better than a player like Miles Wood. Iirc he’s from the buffalo area too, isn’t he? 

Saw this on Twitter from a dude who had the Hall trade couple days before it happened, so somewhat credible i guess. Will look for it later

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

We're going for the most non-scoring forwards all time record?

Wilson called up to add to non-scoring forward list! #68 might be cooked for a while, Ralph has his worked cut out for him now.. Damn, Linus needs a game off, the Sabres have no one who can score...resign Smith and few others of his ilk and bring back the "hardest working team in hockey" style? 

Might work now that the league has really gone away from that style..kinda how the Ravens are running on all small D's now!

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is crazy! Glad he was honest though. 

That would have been a hard penalty to take coming on the heels of Smith CLEARLY and IRREFUTABLY sending the puck over the glass previously. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Need to see more of this Mittelstadt! He has all the talent in the world. I really hope he’s able to put it all together. It would be huge for the Sabres if he can. We need him to turn into a legit top 6 forward. 

I just got back from out of town so I haven't posted in a while. My position and outlook has not changed about the team and its future. I'm upbeat about its prospects in the not too distant future.

With respect to Mittelstadt he needs to be forgotten about as a Sabre player this year and allowed to play significant minutes in various roles as an AHL player. With the big club he was pressing and not playing freely. He has offensive skills but has played too tightly to allow his talents to be exhibited. He's a young and talented player who needs to play in order to blossom. Some people have claimed that his playing in the NHL too soon has stifled his development. I agree that he was rushed but I also believe that the significant exposure to NHL play will in the end benefit him by making him realize what it takes to play in this league. 

If he and Tage Thompson can break through it would mean a lot in bolstering an offensively challenged roster. The road to success is predicated on drafting and developing the young players. That's the foundation for success not only for the Sabres but for every successful team. Trust the process and stick with it! And that's exactly what the GM is doing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1