Question about your breakfast eggs

On 5/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

And I am a Commie... I even like stand alone fried eggs. So... Don't be disparging Communists!

FWIW.  Food is all mental, texture.  Learned early on.  People just need to be re-educated. ??

Funny you mention mental/texture.  As a young buck, the first time I tried tapioca pudding, all I could think was that I was eating maggots.  I've never eaten it again and I never will.  I don't even remember what it tastes like.  But I'll never eat it.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Funny you mention mental/texture.  As a young buck, the first time I tried tapioca pudding, all I could think was that I was eating maggots.  I've never eaten it again and I never will.  I don't even remember what it tastes like.  But I'll never eat it.

It is delicious & you’ve almost certainly eaten tapioca since.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Have, just not as pudding.

Oh, yes.  Of course.  But I don't get the same mental image that I do whilst (my word) eating as pudding.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Oh, yes.  Of course.  But I don't get the same mental image that I do whilst (my word) eating as pudding.

sure fire way to never have pudding is to not eat your meat.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Everything is texture!

May I suggest mixing in a little rice pudding to help you with your aversion??

Funny... I never knew tapioca was a grain until I started drink that sweet shi... it the Asians are selling in Chinatown.  "Tea" to me always tasted like "boiled socks."  May I suggest trying bubble tea.  Yep, that black shi... it on bottom is chewy tapioca balls/pearls... ? That will straighten your sissy azz aversion out to tapioca. You will never think of it in the same light again. ?jasmine-green-bubble-tea-pin.jpg?resize=

bubble-tea-ranking.jpg?auto=format,compr

Just look @ Me, I am official tea drinker now. You'll be a tapioca pudding eater in no time!  May I have some tea to go with that milk AND my fat azz!  LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

58 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Everything is texture!

May I suggest mixing in a little rice pudding to help you with your aversion??

Funny... I never knew tapioca was a grain until I started drink that sweet shi... it the Asians are selling in Chinatown.  "Tea" to me always tasted like "boiled socks."  May I suggest trying bubble tea.  Yep, that black shi... it on bottom is chewy tapioca balls/pearls... ? That will straighten your sissy azz aversion out to tapioca. You will never think of it in the same light again. ?jasmine-green-bubble-tea-pin.jpg?resize=

bubble-tea-ranking.jpg?auto=format,compr

Just look @ Me, I am official tea drinker now. You'll be a tapioca pudding eater in no time!  May I have some tea to go with that milk AND my fat azz!  LoL...

What's that trash?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Maggots can actually be quite crunchy if prepared properly. It’s like conch, you have to do it just right! 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maggots can actually be quite crunchy if prepared properly. It’s like conch, you have to do it just right! 

You're touched, my friend.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're touched, my friend.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.......I was just worried about how you knew what maggots taste like. If I distract you, maybe it will soothe your fears? I’ve had tapioca, and it never crossed my mind. I pray the next time I am confronted with it, I hope not to gag. 

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.......I was just worried about how you knew what maggots taste like. If I distract you, maybe it will soothe your fears? I’ve had tapioca, and it never crossed my mind. I pray the next time I am confronted with it, I hope not to gag. 

Order a bubble tea next time you are in Asian restaurant.  Suck those little tapioca pearls up through that huge non-eco friendly straw and you will die and go to "tapioca maggot heaven!"  ?

The timing of this is funny. I haven’t made eggs for myself in more than 20 years. My sister came to visit and she likes eggs in the morning, so I bought eggs. She scrambles hers (before I get up!), but I recently saw something on the Food Network about low and slow. Out of curiousity I fried one that way, then another. Then a couple at a time. A little salt and pepper and it’s a beautiful thing! I had forgotten! 

She got me turn to large brown cage free way back when, and that’s how I roll. It’s funny, the egg might be identical, but white seems odd to me now. 

I cook my eggs the way my grandfather did his - what I call "steam fried".  Fry your egg like normal, but just as the white is starting to set add some water and cover.  Let the steam cook the rest of the white and you never have to flip another egg.

• Like (+1) 1

When I was a kid my mom would make bacon and eggs by cooking the bacon, then chop it up and mix it in with the scrambled eggs as they cooked so you got a mix in every bite. Then when I ordered bacon and eggs at a restaurant and the bacon came on the side, I was disappointed.

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

When I was a kid my mom would make bacon and eggs by cooking the bacon, then chop it up and mix it in with the scrambled eggs as they cooked so you got a mix in every bite. Then when I ordered bacon and eggs at a restaurant and the bacon came on the side, I was disappointed.

That’s always how we made them too.

Of course, cooking the eggs in the pan coated with bacon grease is a requirement.

• Like (+1) 1