Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JerseyBills

Telvin Smith potentially retiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wow. Sounds like he's going through some serious stuff, he was a stud at LB

NFL official twitter also retweeted this.

Edited by JerseyBills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish him and his family well. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for him, I respect a tough decision like that. Hope he figures it all out.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Wish him and his family well. 

👍

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t sound like he’s potentially retiring. Just says he’s not playing this season. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately these things are usually followed by a positive drug test of some sort, Hope not cuz he is a great player to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Doesn’t sound like he’s potentially retiring. Just says he’s not playing this season. 

Yea i F'd up the title lol

If somebody can fix it'd be appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude just wants more gtd money imo.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a huge blow to the Jags. He’s a helluva player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude just wants more gtd money imo.  

2017 Contract details by year 26 $1,145,824 $862,998 - $2,008,821 $12,103,938 $5,196,998($5,196,998)  
2018 Contract details by year 27 $3,000,000 $810,235 $2,000,000 $5,810,235 $14,240,940 $11,000,000($16,196,998)  
2019 Contract details by year 28 $9,750,000 $810,235 $2,000,000 $12,560,235 $13,430,705 $9,750,000($25,946,998)

20 mil guaranteed , was set to receive by far his biggest payday this year as well

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Definitely a huge blow to the Jags. He’s a helluva player 

and a leader, he was kinda their enforcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:
2017 Contract details by year 26 $1,145,824 $862,998 - $2,008,821 $12,103,938 $5,196,998($5,196,998)  
2018 Contract details by year 27 $3,000,000 $810,235 $2,000,000 $5,810,235 $14,240,940 $11,000,000($16,196,998)  
2019 Contract details by year 28 $9,750,000 $810,235 $2,000,000 $12,560,235 $13,430,705 $9,750,000($25,946,998)

20 mil guaranteed , was set to receive by far his biggest payday this year as well

and a leader, he was kinda their enforcer

He’s due to get cut after this season. True story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’s due to get cut after this season. True story.

absolutely. his dead cap goes from 13 mil this season to 5 mil next. Still a major blow to that defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

absolutely. his dead cap goes from 13 mil this season to 5 mil next. Still a major blow to that defense

Which is exactly why I made the comment I did.  He doesn’t want to leave Jax.  Myles Jacks contract is up after this year and they’ll likely have to make a decision, Smith or Jack. He certainly won’t have ANY leverage next year. He doesn’t want to retire, or he would just retire.  If he sits out this year, the jags are pretty much screwed.  They have terrible LB depth.  Josh allen destroyed them last year with no playmakers.  

 

If the jags offered him a contract with more gtd money, he’d be playing in 2019.  Fosho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere he was shooting down trade talks, saying to some extent that he will be a Jag forever. Josh Allen made him expendable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I read somewhere he was shooting down trade talks, saying to some extent that he will be a Jag forever. Josh Allen made him expendable.

Josh Allen makes a lot of guys expendable that still get PAID. Ask Anthony Barr and Kiko Alonso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Josh Allen makes a lot of guys expendable that still get PAID. Ask Anthony Barr and Kiko Alonso

True, but actually I was referring to the Jags 1st rounder Josh Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

I read somewhere he was shooting down trade talks, saying to some extent that he will be a Jag forever. Josh Allen made him expendable.

I don’t think allen made him expendable.  They play different positions imo.  One is an off the ball cover lb while one is a pass rushing demon. The trade talks are there because he’s going to get cut after this season and they are trying to get something in return 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Definitely a huge blow to the Jags. He’s a helluva player 

Not to be cold, but I am in favor of anything that weakens an AFC team.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Not to be cold, but I am in favor of anything that weakens an AFC team.

 

Not chilly at all. Helps our cause. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wants to take a sabbatical.  It happens in other fields but not in NFL unless someone is going to Jamaica. 

He wants to take a sabbatical.  It happens in other fields but not in NFL unless someone is going to Jamaica. 

 

It is no coincidence that Marone will probably not be there when he returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for him to do what helps him. Good for me because I enjoy seeing the Jags suck. Win-Win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good player, respect the player and decision to refocus on life.

 

It can come at you quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Respect his decision?  It sounds like the Jags found out about it the same way we did.  If so, that's a straight dirtbag move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...