tool fans here?

Pete

On 5/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pete said:

first album since 2006 is coming out soon!

Sure it is....

On 5/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've been getting updates on my news feed for close to 2 years. Put out the damn album already.

Exactly.

Side note - A Perfect Circle - Good, Puscifer - Terrible.

Edited by Mark80

21 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Hell yeah! Been looking forward to this album release for what feels like forever!

Is there (finally) an actual release date set? 

Definitely one of my all time favorite bands. 

I believe Maynard said some time this summer.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:31 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Huge, HUGE fan of Tool. Favorite albums are Undertow, Aenima, 10,000 Days. 

Didn't realize till about 3 years ago that James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins was the guitar @ A Perfect Circle. 

Maynard James Keenan is a genius, a brilliant military veteran and a brilliant winemaker of the Cadeceus brand. He put Arizona wines on the map.

I think James Iha joined on their last album, there were issues last year with touring because he was in both bands and both were going to tour.

Never knew Maynard was a military vet.

I wanted to visit his winery in Arizona when I was there on my honeymoon years ago, we drove from the grand Canyon to Scottsdale for part of it. I wanted to find out where it was and try to get a bottle. He is hardcore with the wine, they said he would schedule touring around the wine season so he could be around

20 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

LOL.

Wonder how many people know that is Pantera.

And Enter Sandman is Metallica.....

That's the joke.

Notice he said may to July possible release date but no year? Lol

On 5/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, Pete said:

I remember being a kid hearing Zeppelin for the first time- it blew me away, and I was hooked.  I first heard Undertow at college, and I had felt that same feeling as being a kid hearing Zeppelin for the 1st time!  I was mesmerized, flipping through CD with images of Maynard being smothered by a 800# female.  It floored me.  Undertow is still my favorite Tool album.  But they are all well crafted and quite excellent.   This new Tool I will have to pick up on vinyl.

Nevermind and Nothings Shocking were two other albums that were outerworldly that blew me away.

1990-1995 was an amazing time for music!

Pumpkins, AIC, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Sonic Youth, Kyuss, Sublime....

Then 95 hit- it was Sugar Ray and Smashmouth

The 90's- in like a lion, out like a lamb

practitioner of jujitsu too

Are you ***** with me? Cuz I think you are ***** with me.

Nothings Shocking is another all time great album, IMO, but that was Perry, not Maynard.

On 5/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, Pete said:

I remember being a kid hearing Zeppelin for the first time- it blew me away, and I was hooked.  I first heard Undertow at college, and I had felt that same feeling as being a kid hearing Zeppelin for the 1st time!  I was mesmerized, flipping through CD with images of Maynard being smothered by a 800# female.  It floored me.  Undertow is still my favorite Tool album.  But they are all well crafted and quite excellent.   This new Tool I will have to pick up on vinyl.

Nevermind and Nothings Shocking were two other albums that were outerworldly that blew me away.

1990-1995 was an amazing time for music!

Pumpkins, AIC, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Sonic Youth, Kyuss, Sublime....

Then 95 hit- it was Sugar Ray and Smashmouth

The 90's- in like a lion, out like a lamb

practitioner of jujitsu too

Ritual De Lo Habitual was the first Jane's Addiction album I bought and about 30 seconds in when the first chords of Stop started playing I was hooked. I think I went back to the music store and bought the rest of their albums within a week.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Ritual De Lo Habitual was the first Jane's Addiction album I bought and about 30 seconds in when the first chords of Stop started playing I was hooked. I think I went back to the music store and bought the rest of their albums within a week.

Senores y Senoras Nosotros tenemos mas influencia sobre sus hijos que tienes..pero los queremos..Creado y regalo de Los Angeles, Juana's Adiccion!

On 5/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, Pete said:
Some cool things not said in this video, The intro ends at nearly 01:12. 0,1,1,2 are the beginning numbers of the sequence. The first verse starts at nearly 1:37 which is 1.618 of a minute roughly and 1.618 is the golden ratio. The first verse ends at 2:32 which means the verse is 55 seconds long. 55 is a number in the sequence. Same goes for the other verse. And each time he sings during chorus its roughly 8 seconds long, he pauses after 8 seconds. 8 is a # in the sequence. Also 13 songs are on the album and the album is very close to 1.3 hours long. 13 is a # in the sequence. And if that didn't blow your mind. The end of the beginning is 1:37. The beginning of the end is 7:31.

I know Maynards lyrics are very, very deep. I've always known. But if someone can put some logic to 46 and 2, I would appreciate it. There is more to that song than i understand, and i have tried!

TOOL ROCKS!

We need a Prinus thread custom PRIMUS SUCKS!

5 hours ago, Pete said:

This is one of the Tools songs from the new album.  I think it's from the show last night, which kicked off tour.  The Adam Jones sick riff is towards the end of this song

1 minute ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I know Maynards lyrics are very, very deep. I've always known. But if someone can put some logic to 46 and 2, I would appreciate it. There is more to that song than i understand, and i have tried!

TOOL ROCKS!

It''s about Jung, the Shadow, and evolving conscience 

13 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think James Iha joined on their last album, there were issues last year with touring because he was in both bands and both were going to tour.

I wanted to visit his winery in Arizona when I was there on my honeymoon years ago, we drove from the grand Canyon to Scottsdale for part of it. I wanted to find out where it was and try to get a bottle. He is hardcore with the wine, they said he would schedule touring around the wine season so he could be around

That's the joke.

i got that joke as it was obvious, but not sure if others would no what they look like.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

19 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

TOOL ROCKS!

I could be wrong cause apparently there have been many explanations that were said to be incorrect for 46&2, but I read somewhere it refered to the next stage of evolution, and was in reference to genes and chromosomes? Or something like that, doesn't matter to me cause it's just an amazing song.

I had a friend in highschool, we went to go see them on the Lateralus tour, my friend taught piano locally and was into alot of music theory. One night he was driving home listening to tool and was tboned going through a red light, said he was distracted listening to it and analyzing the music and timing of their songs.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I could be wrong cause apparently there have been many explanations that were said to be incorrect for 46&2, but I read somewhere it refered to the next stage of evolution, and was in reference to genes and chromosomes? Or something like that, doesn't matter to me cause it's just an amazing song.

I had a friend in highschool, we went to go see them on the Lateralus tour, my friend taught piano locally and was into alot of music theory. One night he was driving home listening to tool and was tboned going through a red light, said he was distracted listening to it and analyzing the music and timing of their songs.

Anyone listening that closely to trippy music....lets just say there might have been other influences involved, LOL. I have no idea what that is like ?

I hope everyone came out of the accident okay.

Edit: Look how dialated happy emoji's pupils are, bruh!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

On 5/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, apuszczalowski said:

That's the joke.

My wife and I made a little trip over to the tasting room in Jerome when we were staying in Sedona for a few nights. Real cool little spot. She was pregnant so I even had a DD! The wine was all very good. I still have an expensive bottle we bought there, maybe I’ll drink it when the album comes out. Can’t wait to hear it. I’ve seen them 3 times now and each show has been absolutely fantastic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/5/2019 at 2:11 PM, The Senator said:

I love my ShopSmith (combination table saw, lathe, disk sander, drill press, jigsaw, router/shaper).

It’s a wonderful multi-purpose tool.

9E00A6A4-CED1-4127-8BBA-E288256D482D.jpeg

I don't know too much about table saw, lathe, disk sander, drill press, jigsaw, or shapers.  But what I do know, is the above is not a router

This is a router

6125187969_b1de083e66.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Anyone listening that closely to trippy music....lets just say there might have been other influences involved, LOL. I have no idea what that is like ?

I hope everyone came out of the accident okay.

Edit: Look how dialated happy emoji's pupils are, bruh!

Lol, nope, not this guy.

He was really smart and one of the top students in our highschool grades wise, went on to be an engineer, he was just the type of person to analyse things deeply.

I don't think anyone was injured, but his parents old car that he bought from them had to be scrapped. Funny thing is he was hit a few years later at university on a parking lot, again no injuries (and I believe no tool). He drove the car back home about an hour away and I later bought it and fixed it on my driveway and drove it for a few more years.

17 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

My wife and I made a little trip over to the tasting room in Jerome when we were staying in Sedona for a few nights. Real cool little spot. She was pregnant so I even had a DD! The wine was all very good. I still have an expensive bottle we bought there, maybe I’ll drink it when the album comes out. Can’t wait to hear it. I’ve seen them 3 times now and each show has been absolutely fantastic. 

That's funny cause when we were in Arizona my wife was pregnant too (if not we would have been at an all inclusive resort for our honeymoon). I'm not a wine drinker, so I would have only wanted to go to see the place and get a bottle as a souvenir for home.