Trust the Process

COACH85

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Which is PRECISELY why I wish they'd made an ODB-type move to help him.

But you simply ignore improvements in o-line, bringing in quality vets, late yr improvement by Foster, TE that is healthy and rookies with potential there. It's like if it isn't a proven #1 WR, they're liable in your book. They inquired on Antonio, went a different direction that is rational to most, but no dice with Joe. Well, die on that island if you must.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

But you simply ignore improvements in o-line, bringing in quality vets, late yr improvement by Foster, TE that is healthy and rookies with potential there. It's like if it isn't a proven #1 WR, they're liable in your book. They inquired on Antonio, went a different direction that is rational to most, but no dice with Joe. Well, die on that island if you must.

Q: barring a large improvement by Foster this year, do any of our WR or TE command a double-team?

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Q: barring a large improvement by Foster this year, do any of our WR or TE command a double-team?

Doubtful. They're going with a different approach. I think it's the way the league is moving -- generally away from #1 receivers towards making a team cover multiple threats. You don't need an OBJ or Antonio Brown to be a dangerous offense. Great if you have one, of course.

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Ok so you’re whining the Bills didn’t draft Butler or Metcalf but still like the first 4 picks.. Sounds like a contradiction to me.  

Whining??  I "preferred" Metcalf and (or) Butler at the time of those third and fourth selections BUT quite happy with who they picked instead, especially after doing more research on both selections.   I would hardly call that "whining" or "contradicting".  Maybe you have "Schoopitis" and try to overanalyze and overthink things in only a negative light?  Lol

Trust the Process

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The draft came out pretty much as I predicted. The Bills got one and half picks that anybody has ever heard of and then a whole bunch of guys that the Board immediately said “who”? I’m hoping the professionals know what they’re doing. They spend way more time at it then I do. But...at first glance I’m thinking this one will be a semi-dud. 

Go Bills

I think most of us at least the knowledgible ones know exactly who the first 4 picks are.  They got a top 3 player at 9 and a top 25 player in the second.

13 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Cheezburger Image 8040359680

hopefully in about 15-20 years.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think most of us at least the knowledgible ones know exactly who the first 4 picks are.  They got a top 3 player at 9 and a top 25 player in the second.

hopefully in about 15-20 years.

Isn’t that pretty much exactly what I said? We can all google the players after Oliver and Ford but beyond that there wasn’t a whole lot of ‘great, we got our guy’!

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Isn’t that pretty much exactly what I said? We can all google the players after Oliver and Ford but beyond that there wasn’t a whole lot of ‘great, we got our guy’!

Not Quite what it sounded like.  It looks like you said they got 1 and a half guys that anyone has heard of.  If that isnt what you meant then fair enough.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:26 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I was really hoping that this thread was going to be “can we stop saying trust the process?” We literally just stole it from the 76ers. It’s lame and played out. We need to be a little more creative and come up with our own motto for what’s happening at OBD. 

Pretty much every sports team uses that phrase. The phrase the Bills used last year was "Playoff Caliber". I'm sure they'll come up with a new phrase this year to throw around.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Pretty much every sports team uses that phrase. The phrase the Bills used last year was "Playoff Caliber". I'm sure they'll come up with a new phrase this year to throw around.

Well, it started with Sam Hinkie and became a battle cry for the 76ers. They even nicknamed their star “the Process.” Now, every team just decided that they would use it and pretend it’s theirs. It is incredibly lame (as is playoff caliber). We need to do better

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

"Championship Effort"---that's a freebie, feel free to utilize OBD. :flirt:

On 4/28/2019 at 5:56 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

There's an element of truth with this, though I believe they're playing with fire by not doing what Cleveland's done to help Mayfield.

No...instead they did what was done to help Trubiski

On 4/28/2019 at 6:29 AM, Virgil said:

Wait until you get married.....

Sorry...I had to laugh at this because while I dont agree with your original post on this I totally agree with THIS ONE!

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No...instead they did what was done to help Trubiski

Sorry...I had to laugh at this because while I dont agree with your original post on this I totally agree with THIS ONE!

I'm curious to see if anyone steps up to be Josh's go to. If not it could be a long season.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm curious to see if anyone steps up to be Josh's go to. If not it could be a long season.

First of all......a "go to" was found LAST season in Robert Foster.....who in the second half of the season put up numbers that would rival other top WR's in the league.

Second......we have not had a slot receiver like Cole Beasely on this team in a LONG TIME.....the fact is that guy is good

Third.....Brown is actually a legit veteran wide out......and a speed guy at that.....remember what happened with Josh Allen's game when they took the slow lumbering WR out of the equation and started putting in speed guys?   Things picked up.

Third....and little talked about.....a running game that keeps defenses offense does a lot to help WR's gain separation especially speed threats....and this team has PLENTY of speed now.

Once we got past a certain group of WR's in this draft I seriously wonder if they actually would have made this squad.........this team is so deep now that we literally were drafting for depth/cultivating at some posiions.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well, it started with Sam Hinkie and became a battle cry for the 76ers. They even nicknamed their star “the Process.” Now, every team just decided that they would use it and pretend it’s theirs. It is incredibly lame (as is playoff caliber). We need to do better

I think I don't care either way. I don't think we need to do better because it is meaningless.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think I don't care either way. I don't think we need to do better because it is meaningless.

It is meaningless. I wouldn’t like some other team using Shout and just putting their name in. “The Titans make me wanna shout...” It is lame. You have an entire marketing department and all you’ve done is take a clip from a Hinkie press conference and plaster it all over your building.