Buffalo Bar Crawl

BritBill

The good folk of Buffalo - talk to me.

If I had say, 6 hours to go on a good old fashioned pub crawl in downtown Buffalo, what would you suggest? 

I'm open to any type of bar, no prejudices here. I'm an easy going kind of chap. Would just like to have a few pints and a laugh. 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

If I had say, 6 hours to go on a good old fashioned pub crawl in downtown Buffalo, what would you suggest? 

I'm open to any type of bar, no prejudices here. I'm an easy going kind of chap. Would just like to have a few pints and a laugh. 

Thanks.

Don't be upset if you get ICE in your drink.

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

Thanks.

Maybe start at the top of Elmwood Ave and work your way to downtown (north to south).  

Start at Cole's

Thin Man

Lenox Grill

Gabriel's Gate

Colter Bay

Founding Father's as to replenish with some free nachos

Big Ditch

End at Swannie House.

These places all have solid food options, too.  Enjoy! 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, stony said:

Maybe start at the top of Elmwood Ave and work your way to downtown (north to south).  

Start at Cole's

Thin Man

Lenox Grill

Gabriel's Gate

Colter Bay

Big Ditch

End at Swannie House.

Hard to argue that list - the wings at Gabe’s Gate are some of the best in Buffalo, Mike Driscoll (Founding Father’s) will enlighten you his knowledge of history and trivia, and Swanee House is a classic.

Interesting that you’ve avoided the ChipStrip.

If I could just add a few,

Eddie Brady’s

The Tudor Lounge

Essex Street Pub

Cheers! ?

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, The Senator said:

Hard to argue that list - the wings at Gabe’s Gate are some of the best in Buffalo, Mike Driscoll (Founding Father’s) will enlighten you his knowledge of history and trivia, and Swanee House is a classic.

Eddie Brady’s

The Tudor Lounge

Essex Street Pub

Cheers! ?

Can’t beat the Tudor lounge

one of my best friends has been playing there every Sunday afternoon for 20+ years 

I know this doesn't help you for a downtown crawl but my cousins and I do a Hamburg Pub crawl the Saturday before the opener every year.  

It is surprising how many bars are within walking distance in a small suburb.  I did a quick email search and found this itinerary from a few years ago.  Every year the route changes a bit and stops are added or removed.  

1)       JM’s West End

2)      Knights of Columbus

3)      Whities

4)      Murphy’s Main Street Station

5)      Braymillers

6)      JP Fitzgeralds

7)      Pyramid Lounge

?      Mammoser’s Tavern

9)      Pour House

10)   Coyote Café

11)   O’Brien’s Fresh Farm Meats

12)   Buffalo Street Grill

On 4/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, The Senator said:

Eddie Brady’s

The Tudor Lounge

Essex Street Pub

Cheers! ?

Eddie is good people,I still have one of his old t-shirts dating back to when he opened up down there.FYI to the OP...don't let the small exterior shy you away...if you want to rub elbows with some cool,down to earth,local folks..that's your place.

Very good "pub " food as well....

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Eddie is good people,I still have one of his old t-shirts dating back to when he opened up down there.FYI to the OP...don't let the small exterior shy you away...if you want to rub elbows with some cool,down to earth,local folks..that's your place.

Very good "pub " food as well....

I don’t know how Eddie is doing these days - he’s had Parkinson’s for a few years now, and his brother Pat (high school classmate of mine)  pretty much runs the place.

Eddie is such a great guy - what I loved the most is that it seemed he could only multiply by two...4 drinks?  8 bucks.

He was the first one to take a chance on that neighborhood - I’m glad it worked out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So, as it turns out, I'm now visiting Buffalo with my son. Who's 8.

So the chance of a night of solid boozing has gone. However, we still intend on having a man night of some diluted fashion.

A wings and beer (root beer for the little one) evening will be perfect. Does anybody have any recommendations for a place to have this? Obviously need somewhere who allows children.

Thanks again

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

So the chance of a night of solid boozing has gone. However, we still intend on having a man night of some diluted fashion.

A wings and beer (root beer for the little one) evening will be perfect. Does anybody have any recommendations for a place to have this? Obviously need somewhere who allows children.

Thanks again

Some of the places on the prior list will make the cut.  Quite a few people have Gabriel's Gate as the best wings in the city.  Kid would be fine there.  Lenox Grill, too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Thanks again

Whoever suggested Dinosaur BBQ on Franklin spot on

you can bring your kid , have some good root beer and have some great BBQ...

their smoked wings are top notch... get their earlier because they do run out of wings 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, BritBill said:

Thanks again

Something's fishy.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, stony said:

Start at Cole's

Thin Man

Lenox Grill

Gabriel's Gate

Colter Bay

Big Ditch

End at Swannie House.

Head down to Pegulaville: Riverworks, Duende at Silo City, John Labatt House, Gene McCarthy's/Old First Ward Brewing, Belt Line Brewing. (You already mentioned Swannie House.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot