Virgil

TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Browns (Bpek32) is on the clock

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Move up for Bosa ASAP!!!!

Not sure if @Virgil's community poll can trade...

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Not sure if @Virgil's community poll can trade...

There was a vote and people said it would be too expensive.

I think the jets would snap bosa up in this scenario and it would take an obscene offer to get them to give it up.

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

There was a vote and people said it would be too expensive.

I think the jets would snap bosa up in this scenario and it would take an obscene offer to get them to give it up.

It's obvious Bosa is the choice (that's who it is, if no one trades up...). I apparently missed the poll.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's obvious Bosa is the choice (that's who it is, if no one trades up...). I apparently missed the poll.

it was done during the mock sigh up thread.  Bills will move to 5 and give up there 1st and 2nd this year if bosa, allen or williams are available.

6 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

it was done during the mock sigh up thread.  Bills will move to 5 and give up there 1st and 2nd this year if bosa, allen or williams are available.

Yup. Bills can’t trade up. The people have spoken. 

It Williams is there at 5, then possibly 

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Is that your pick then or are you waiting on a trade offer?

The tough part about having a one round mock with trades is that, well, it's only 1 round. We don't get to use the theoretical extra picks we acquire in later rounds.

If I'm only getting to project ONE of my team's picks, of what benefit is it to me to trade down and not get to exercise that one pick until later in the round? If we were doing, say, the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then I'd get to enjoy the spoils of my trade by getting to exercise those extra picks. The way things stand now, though, what's my motivation to trade down and pick up later picks that I'll never get to use?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The Lions offer #8 and #43 for the Jets #3 - what say you  @Reed83HOF

Need more than that...

#3   2200 pts

#8   1400 pts

#43 too Low

I still need 800 points plus 300

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The tough part about having a one round mock with trades is that, well, it's only 1 round. We don't get to use the theoretical extra picks we acquire in later rounds.

If I'm only getting to project ONE of my team's picks, of what benefit is it to me to trade down and not get to exercise that one pick until later in the round? If we were doing, say, the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then I'd get to enjoy the spoils of my trade by getting to exercise those extra picks. The way things stand now, though, what's my motivation to trade down and pick up later picks that I'll never get to use?

In real life I may not make the offer above but for this it is more of a thought exercise.  Play out the experiment and see where it goes. 

The next draft is the time to be the real GM alas with no trades.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Need more than that...

#3   2200 pts

#8   1400 pts

#43 too Low

I still need 800 points plus 300

OK - make your pick😀.

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The right pick for the Jets IMO.  If Bosa had gone #2 then Allen for the Jets.

It is. Although both teams (49ers and Jets would benefit from moving back as well)

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Theoretically speaking, what “benefit” do you get from any of this?  

It’s all make believe 

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Theoretically speaking, what “benefit” do you get from any of this?  

It’s all make believe 

Surely you understand what I'm saying, right?

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I get that.  But I’m just hoping people won’t make dumb trades because it won’t affect them just for this draft 

Is Williams really worth moving up for?  Is he a clearly better prospect than Oliver

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Surely you understand what I'm saying, right?

I do, but the reality of the situation is as I stated.  I’m sitting at 7 with the jags,  I could’ve offered a first, 2nd and 3rd for #2–#3 to get Allen, Bosa or Williams.  I didn’t.  Why?  Because it probably won’t happen irl and it doesn’t benefit me in the least. 

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I get that.  But I’m just hoping people won’t make dumb trades because it won’t affect them just for this draft 

Is Williams really worth moving up for?  Is he a clearly better prospect than Oliver

He’s clearly better than Oliver imo.  I get that it’s not the consensus around here, but I’d move up for him.  

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders are not opposed to trading down and staying in the top 10.

Ian Rappaport is still worthless after the AB thing, but he confirms.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Put a poll back up!

Don’t need to. The Bills will offer to trade up to 5 and every position after so long as Williams is still there

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders are not opposed to trading down and staying in the top 10.

Ian Rappaport is still worthless after the AB thing, but he confirms.

Are you working out a trade?

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Are you working out a trade?

I put out some Feelers, but didn’t get any response.

With the 4th pick in the 2019 NFL draft; the Oakland Raiders select, Devin White, LB, LSU. 

I thought about Williams, but we like our young interior guys. Sweat and Burns both seem high right here. This guy will captain the defense for years to come.

• Skeptical 1

@ndirish1978 is on the clock. 

The Bills are offering you their 1st, 2nd, and 4th for this pick. Please let us know

Edited by Virgil

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@ndirish1978 is on the clock. 

The Bills are offering you their 1st, 2nd, and 4th for this pick. Please let us know

i really hope this trade doesnt go thru, i would much rather stay at 9 and get oliver, taylor, dare i say hockenson

• Like (+1) 1