Theory on Brady’s retirement

16 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This is way more shoutbox material, but I’d love to get it in writing. Why would Brady immediately announce his retirement after the Suoer Bowl and make it harder for the Pats to trade down and go after a future QB. I’m saying we witnessed Brady’s last season, and he will announce his retirement after the draft. 

Is this a carry over from the day drinking thread from earlier this week ?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

After the draft is pure crazy talk! I never put any weight into that. I think it will be much more enjoyable to see him fall off the shelf like Marino and and Kelly and, well......everybody who ever played QB in the NFL.  ?

Interesting point. Not many greats finished strong.

maybe Elway? 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

daBillsFan - :*Tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio* - I remember the line from a song, but can't remember what song it was.  What is that line from?

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Not really if he cared about that he wouldn't of had them get rid of Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo WAS drafted to replace Brady. That is true. However, there was no way in the world the Patriots were going to pay the amount of money it would have taken to keep Jimmy once his rookie deal was up. JG wanted to play and certainly wouldn't accept backup $ to carry the clipboard for 4 or 5 more years. All those silly stories about BB being forced to trade Garoppolo have long been debunked and those that wrote those stories have been made (yet again) to look like fools. Most of the Boston media can't wait for the dynasty to end and continue to chirp and scoff at every move the Pats make.  

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Brady tweeted it early the day after March 31st, aka April Fools.

Which was apparently his first ever tweet, and possibly the lamest thing ever done on twitter. He’s outdone the universe once again! (Hey, it’s not always a good thing.) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Which was apparently his first ever tweet, and possibly the lamest thing ever done on twitter. He’s outdone the universe once again! (Hey, it’s not always a good thing.) 

maybe that will cut down on his 30,000 monthly text messages. And prolong his marriage.