Buffalo Bills: Back to Bojorquez

3 hours ago, Paulus said:

Fair enough. The whole Darr having averaged 39.8 over his years with the Dolphins and watching that drop by 3.5 yards in Buffalo is sad. I think Bojo is the right move for next season. You don't get anywhere in the NFL using retreads, usually. 

Weather plays a big factor in Buffalo. That's why its not good just to look at net average. There are a bunch of variables affecting it that are out of the punter's control. That's why the other measurables I mentioned are important. Bojorquez was good as a rookie. Maybe nerves got to him sometimes. He has plenty of talent (more that Darr or Schmidt). Not sure how his talent compares to the other Cory that people have mentioned here.

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Weather plays a big factor in Buffalo. That's why its not good just to look at net average. There are a bunch of variables affecting it that are out of the punter's control. That's why the other measurables I mentioned are important. Bojorquez was good as a rookie. Maybe nerves got to him sometimes. He has plenty of talent (more that Darr or Schmidt). Not sure how his talent compares to the other Cory that people have mentioned here.

Buffalo is bad, but, there are the other 8 games and the fact that not all the home games are played in bad weather. Bottom line, the ST play was abhorrent last year. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

If there's a punter in this draft being compared to Dickson, I'd draft him in the 5th. 

Dickson's averages are good, but look at the rest of his stats:

IN20:TB was 5.5:1, same as Corey

FC% was an abysmal 12.8%...7.2% worse than Corey

Return yards average was 8.4, good for 17th in the league. Corey was 10th at just 6.9.

Just because a punter is kicking it far, it doesn't mean he's good.

Matt Wile on the Vikings actually does a phenomenal job. IN20:TB ratio of 13.5 to 1, 20% are FCs, and ret yds avg of 6.1, but he plays in a dome.

Tress Way in Washington booted 41 inside the 20 and had 0 TBs! He also had a great FC % of 32%, but ret yds avg was 24th in the league.

In that article I posted, the author bashes Shane Lechler a bunch. He's considered great and was always solid in average and net avg, but sucked in all other categories. He didn't have much of a positive impact on the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Paulus said:

Buffalo is bad, but, there are the other 8 games and the fact that not all the home games are played in bad weather. Bottom line, the ST play was abhorrent last year. 

Punters in domes have historically better stats. It's at least half the games in perfect weather plus whatever away games are in domes.

There's 1 point that I disagree on. The rule 'players get better after their rookie year' does not apply to punters. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted one in the 7th or brought in another as a UDFA for competition.

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ok maybe my eyes were deceiving me but to me I thought this kid looked good

i mean st blocking and a guy that can make ppl miss might also help?

He did well, your eyes aren't deceiving you.

Too bad he was injured. His stats may have been better with more punts...or they could've been worse...Buffalo wind/weather generally gets worse later in the year. 

As long as Buffalo has starting-caliber talent at punter (not Darr or Schmidt) then they should be in good shape considering the other ST additions like Roberts and Perry.

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

There's 1 point that I disagree on. The rule 'players get better after their rookie year' does not apply to punters. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted one in the 7th or brought in another as a UDFA for competition.

Sophomore slump's a real thing, but if nerves are the predominant issue for a punter, I think those only get better over time.

59 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

2nd only to humans who buy punter jerseys.

I wonder where Moorman's jersey ranks among all-time sellers....even last 20 year sellers

Whatever it is, it's too high.

He's definitely the best selling #8 jersey.