Q. Williams to Bills in CBS Mock Draft

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This mock is terrible overall.  Love getting Q at 9, but the overall likeliness of this mock going the way he laid is pretty low.

In terms of Bills, getting Quennin at 9 would be the greatest thing ever...wont likely happen, but would be amazing.  Bills would trip over themselves sprinting to the podium.  

But to show how little this guy knows, he has us taking a center in the 2nd after making Morse the highest paid center in the league.  

Just shows me he knows very little and is mocking off his memory of last year.  Not to mention, SF has four first round picks at DE, including one they just a butt load of money too and gave up a 2nd round pick.  They are much more likely to take Quennin IMO than another first round DE in Bosa

Agreed. I can't imagine anyone not thrilled with Williams at 9, but that's about as likely as the Bills taking a center in the second. Low quality mock.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Agreed. I can't imagine anyone not thrilled with Williams at 9, but that's about as likely as the Bills taking a center in the second. Low quality mock.

He'd play guard.  He's one of the better interior OL in the draft.

If Williams somehow makes it past the 49rs, Jets and Raiders (and it's just possible) imo Beane will do everything in his power to move into the 5 spot. If you knew nothing about this year's draft and tried to conjure up an image of the ideal first round pick for the Bills you could easily conjure up a DT with Q. Williams's exact measurables and skillset. As much as I like him I see Oliver as a consolation prize. I think Beane would burn draft capital for Williams before staying put for Oliver at 9. 

Beane would knock over old ladies on his way to the podium to draft Williams.

Despite what we did in free agency I’m still want offensive help in round 1 and 2 but this would make me change my mind.  Sadly, Williams at 9 is a long shot. 

I’m not sold on Oliver at 9. 

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Williams would be outstanding , rather draft OG Lyndstrom in the second instead of a center since we just signed Morse. DE Allen in the third would be a good get but wouldn't mind a TE there or in the second.

1. DT Williams

2. TE Jace Sternberger

3. OL Michael Deiter

I hear your point and don't disagree, but McCoy has been talked about as a center who could also play guard. He did actually play there for two games in 2017. A tough smart, technically solid interior OL with position flexibility does not sound so bad to me for the Bills, even early.

12 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Think it would take at least a 2020 first rounder to move from 9 —> 5, which I think is the absolute latest you get Quinnen Williams this year. 

Probably right, which means it’s not worth it. I don’t see Q Williams making it to 5, though. I think you’d have to trade up to three, and the Jets won’t trade that pick to us.

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I hear your point and don't disagree, but McCoy has been talked about as a center who could also play guard. He did actually play there for two games in 2017. A tough smart, technically solid interior OL with position flexibility does not sound so bad to me for the Bills, even early.

I won't be upset with McCoy, but i think Lyndstrom is better.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, RyanC883 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/three-round-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bills-get-quinnen-williams-patriots-take-two-tes-and-a-qb-redskins-load-up-on-offense/

um.....yes.  Also a fan of the 2nd round pick to the Bills.  Not sure about the 3rd round pick, but it's another Allen.  

some other interesting picks here, with Tillery (DL) and Risner (OT) going in the 1st.  

Thank you; that was an interesting mock. I have said before the Williams dropping to 9 is not impossible.

They have a favorite of mine (Christian Miller) who sneaked into the end of the 3rd round. It is very hard to say when he will go but I would love to have him on the Bills!!!

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:41 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Williams would be outstanding , rather draft OG Lyndstrom in the second instead of a center since we just signed Morse. DE Allen in the third would be a good get but wouldn't mind a TE there or in the second.

1. DT Williams

2. TE Jace Sternberger

3. OL Michael Deiter

I agree wrt Sternberger. He is a project but a real football player imo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thank you; that was an interesting mock. I have said before the Williams dropping to 9 is not impossible.

They have a favorite of mine (Christian Miller) who sneaked into the end of the 3rd round. It is very hard to say when he will go but I would love to have him on the Bills!!!

I agree wrt Sternberger. He is a project but a real football player imo.

I saw Sternberger a few times and thought this kid has potential.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...kid had a pretty impressive interview on NFLN.......talked about having to bulk up for his 'Bama role change, but doing it the right way.....seems like a very polished youngster.....

You are correct. He came to Alabama at 265 pounds.

• Like (+1) 1