Ryan Fitzpatrick to sign with Miami

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Except I stated the mistake, and corrected it, which was using the 80mil earned was for Terrell Owens, and that fitzy was something around 59mil, which I stated.

Somebody said career earnings and you said "yeah but I wonder what of that is guaranteed?"

EARNED MEANS ALREADY PAID OUT.

that was where YOU were, regardless of the number.

??

Except I was basing that off the $80m number that was quoted. It’s ok. You don’t have to keep going just to hear yourself talk. Or if it’s really important to you to have the last word. Have at it. Enjoy your miserable life. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Except I was basing that off the $80m number that was quoted. It’s ok. You don’t have to keep going just to hear yourself talk. Or if it’s really important to you to have the last word. Have at it. Enjoy your miserable life. 

Once again.

You said "how much of those career earnings are guaranteed??"

The number doesn't matter.

You really don't get it.

Miserable life?

Ouch.

?

Edited by SouthNYfan

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I was a math major and I know 7 teams does not equal 6 kids unless his wife is pregnant.

Not even close.  There are some RBs out there with more than 10 kids; the kids are from different mothers however and some of the kids were born within a few months of each other so it is easier to create a stable when you have a harem.

I said TRYING to keep the number of kids = to teams he was on.  Obviously it is not exactly equal....Miami is his 8th team.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Once again.

You said "how much of those career earnings are guaranteed??"

The number doesn't matter.

You really don't get it.

Miserable life?

Ouch.

?

Glad I’m not proving my point that you just want to hear yourself speak or anything. 

Last word 

I quoted a deadspin article that said "Ryan Fitzpatrick, a career backup, has the most fantasy points by a quarterback through 3 weeks ever, since the merger" last year.

Which sparked massive ongoing debate as to how to define Fitzpatrick's career.

Dude's a ****ing backup that's started a bunch of games just like Brett Hundley, Drew Stanton or any other backup that had a significant number of starts.

5 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I quoted a deadspin article that said "Ryan Fitzpatrick, a career backup, has the most fantasy points by a quarterback through 3 weeks ever, since the merger" last year.

Dude's a ****ing backup that's started a bunch of games just like Brett Hundley, Drew Stanton or any other backup that had a significant number of starts.

Why would you do this to yourself?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would you do this to yourself?

The argument began with "he's started X amount of games" and finally settled with the arbitrary number of games a backup has to start for various teams to not the labeled a "career backup". I believe at the time Brett Hundley had started like 30% of games in his career. Deep philosophical question there: had he been a career backup by that point?

Yes. Yes he had been. Fitz has done it better and longer lol. Best career backup ever.

So just the spurious argument that his curse to virtually every starting Quarterback means him starting for Winston last year is no different than Brett Hundley filling in for Rodgers.

Backups start games it's part of the job description to replace the starters. 

You start with crap Quarterbacks that started games and work your way up in this most senseless of arguments. It was an epic fantasy football season where Fitzmagic was traded for Gronk to prove a point.. because we are men of stupid principles and we practice what we preach

The man has no labels. He's the penultimate journey man Quarterback. There's no comparison I can think of. I think he'll break the record with the Dolphins for almost every quarterback stat to throw any statistical category for 6+, 7+, 8+, potentially 9+ teams. What a helluva career. Glad the Bills were the Genesis of his journey

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

8 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

The argument began with "he's started X amount of games" and finally settled with the arbitrary number of games a backup has to start for various teams to not the labeled a "career backup". I believe at the time Brett Hundley had started like 30% of games in his career. Deep philosophical question there: had he been a career backup by that point?

Yes. Yes he had been. Fitz has done it better and longer lol. Best career backup ever.

So just the spurious argument that his curse to virtually every starting Quarterback means him starting for Winston last year is no different than Brett Hundley filling in for Rodgers.

Backups start games it's part of the job description to replace the starters. 

You start with crap Quarterbacks that started games and work your way up in this most senseless of arguments. It was an epic fantasy football season where Fitzmagic was traded for Gronk to prove a point.. because we are men of stupid principles and we practice what we preach

The man has no labels. He's the penultimate journey man Quarterback. There's no comparison I can think of. I think he'll break the record with the Dolphins for almost every quarterback stat to throw any statistical category for 6+, 7+, 8+, potentially 9+ teams. What a helluva career. Glad the Bills were the Genesis of his journey

He's not a career backup.  He was resigned in Buffalo as the starting QB and was the day 1 starter for 2 years. The year before that, he beat out Edwards for the starting job after week 2.  He was signed by the Texans as the day 1 starter in 2014.  For all intents and purposes, he was brought to the Jets as the day 1 starter over the awful Gino Smith.

The Bills were not the genesis of his journey.  He had already played for St Louis and had 12 starts in Cincy the season before he came to the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Fitz has had a career better than 90% of nfl qbs.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fitz has had a career better than 90% of nfl qbs.  

Yes he has. 

He's a good quarterback when it's all said and done. His career is fascinating.. the highs and lows he's played for an absurd amount of teams for such a long and predictable cycle at every stop. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills were not the genesis of his journey.  He had already played for St Louis and had 12 starts in Cincy the season before he came to the Bills.

Arguably Harvard was, he performed well enough there to get drafted to Cincy.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

If that's what you brought to the debate, I'm pretty sure you lost.  By a lot.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

If that's what you brought to the debate, I'm pretty sure you lost.  By a lot.

The argument was he started enough games as a backup role. So I started with Brett Hundley and worked my way up to every backup that's started X amount of games. So I don't buy that an arbitrary number of games started from a guy 2nd in the depth chart makes him a starter lol. Outside of the 3 years Fitzmagic was the de facto starter, he still has started more games than any backup in history as far as I can tell. Can you think of any other?

I don't really care. I'm defending a friggin deadspin editor's comment. The debate is yet to be settled. Still raging.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P