Grade players to Bills

HOUSE

I think we are actually sleeping on Spencer Long a bit. I really like his addition, especially now with the addition of Morse. I really liked Spencer Long's game at Nebraska. He's big and nasty and has a bit of Richie Incognito in him, without the douchebaggery and valium induced twitter rants. I just hope they leave him at right guard, which is where he played at Nebraska and where I think he should play here. I think the other guard position will be a competition between Teller and Feliciano. Both are nasty, super strong players. I like Teller a fair amount more than most, and I'd like to see him win that job, but I like the Feliciano add. I still think they could add a guard or a RT, but we shall see how it all shakes out. But don't sleep on Spencer Long.   

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm honestly kind of surprised no one has complain about the lack of defensive fa signings. 

I like all the signings so far. Other than Morse and Beasley, I'm sure they are hoping some of the other guys can end up being starters instead of spot players. I find it hard to believe that any of the Oline guys we signed are worse than vlad and Miller. 

I do think, based on no evidence, that they are working a trade for a defensive end. I do not think they will be able to get a 3 tech in free agency and I think that will come via the draft. I think they will add special teams depth players, like David Mayo, to the linebacking corps...but that's second and third wave of free agency stuff.  

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for Teacher a christmas story Gif

A B C D F

WR Cole Beasley A

G Jon Feliciano C

OT Ty Nsekhe B

TE Tyler Kroft B

WR John Brown B

CB Kevin Johnson C

C Mitch Morse A

RB Frank Gore C

C/G Spencer Long C

WR Duke Williams B

-

If they signed with the Bills there must be something wrong with all of them. Otherwise they would have signed elsewhere.

/s

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

I like what we did, the only guy I'm not pleased about is Kroft.  I'd like for us to sign or draft another TE before the season starts.  I can't place my finger on why I dont like the signing. Just a bad gut feeling.

Just a hunch but I feel like we grab a TE in one of the first two rounds. 

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the moves A+. 

can not give a full grade until at least a full season to see how the moves/drafts worked out.

Come on, live on the edge. Ride the motorcycle backwards.

Image result for motorcycle crash funny gif
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think we are actually sleeping on Spencer Long a bit. I really like his addition, especially now with the addition of Morse. I really liked Spencer Long's game at Nebraska. He's big and nasty and has a bit of Richie Incognito in him, without the douchebaggery and valium induced twitter rants. I just hope they leave him at right guard, which is where he played at Nebraska and where I think he should play here. I think the other guard position will be a competition between Teller and Feliciano. Both are nasty, super strong players. I like Teller a fair amount more than most, and I'd like to see him win that job, but I like the Feliciano add. I still think they could add a guard or a RT, but we shall see how it all shakes out. But don't sleep on Spencer Long.   

I do think, based on no evidence, that they are working a trade for a defensive end. I do not think they will be able to get a 3 tech in free agency and I think that will come via the draft. I think they will add special teams depth players, like David Mayo, to the linebacking corps...but that's second and third wave of free agency stuff.  

I'm glad I read through all the posts. I was going to say the same thing. The Jets had him at Center and he played with a injured hand. He had issues with high and wide snaps due to this. I also would keep him at guard, as he is way better than Miller was there. With his hand healed, he can be a backup center too.

• Like (+1) 1

CBS Sports thinks the Bills did a good job so far,  

Buffalo Bills

Quietly, Buffalo is putting together a very nice offseason. It's impossible to just go out and make massive splashes when you're in a position like the Bills. Instead, they've done a very good job assembling some cheaper talent to put around Josh Allen.

I'm not one to whine about the national media bashing the team or the city, but this one has me puzzled.  "In a position like the Bills..."?  Huh?  It's a team that shed a ton of salary money last year (and, consequently, couldn't spend much), with the specific and stated purpose of clearing things out so as to go shopping THIS year.  I mean, that's just plain ignorant.

I guess the author is referring to the oft-stated opinion that big-time players don't want to play in Buffalo.  Mitch Morse says hello from his front deck...

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If they signed with the Bills there must be something wrong with all of them. Otherwise they would have signed elsewhere.

/s

Wasted money,  you win with star play making players. Beane just spent loads of money on medicore guys that will not do much . This looks a lot like the year Marv Levy was GM and spent huge money on medicore guys.  How did that turn out?

15 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Wasted money,  you win with star play making players. Beane just spent loads of money on medicore guys that will not do much . This looks a lot like the year Marv Levy was GM and spent huge money on medicore guys.  How did that turn out?

Stars matter.  Question though, how many free agent stars go on to make the superbowl?  Seriously, take the time to look up how often it happens.  It is breathtakingly infrequent. 

Free agency is for filling holes.  You draft to get stars. 

WR Cole Beasley A, C Mitch Morse A

OT Ty Nsekhe B+, WR John Brown B+

G Jon Feliciano B

CB Kevin Johnson C+, RB Frank Gore C+

TE Tyler Kroft C, C/G Spencer Long C

WR Duke Williams INC

Overall   A-.   Sure,  an Antonio Brown of Leveon Bell would have been nice but I love what was done overall.    The last two years was a lot of doing the best they could with limited talent in a lot of positions.   These players are all likely upgrades over who they are replacing.  We have a legitimate starting caliber receiving group and a veteran offensive line.     There is no position group with any huge holes.   I would like to see a little more at running back and tight end but there is still plenty of off season left.     Now in the draft, they can truly focus on picking best player available.  

Morse & Brown are the two that excite me the most currently.  Beasley is fine, seems a little pricey but the way the contract is structured there's no long term risk.  Nsekhe seems potentially the most interesting, could easily be just a guy who played decent as a fill in or has the potential to be a very solid starter at a tackle spot for a very nice price.

Gore, Johnson, Feliciano, Kroft, Long all seem pretty meh to be.  Upgrades on what we have but I'm not expecting any diamonds in the rough there.

I think Beane strung together a bunch of base hits and maybe a couple of doubles.  But when you have Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Leveon Bell changing teams within a week and we were rumored to have some level of involvement with all 3 (however much exaggerated) it's really hard to say we hit a big home run.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Stars matter.  Question though, how many free agent stars go on to make the superbowl?  Seriously, take the time to look up how often it happens.  It is breathtakingly infrequent. 

Free agency is for filling holes.  You draft to get stars. 

I would agree,  but sometimes it is better to sign quality, not quantity,  playmakers are guys that win you games.  I think the Browns were smart they added quality players,  i still remember when Levy signed a bunch of mediocre players and everyone got excited.  No difference makers,

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would agree,  but sometimes it is better to sign quality, not quantity,  playmakers are guys that win you games.  I think the Browns were smart they added quality players,  i still remember when Levy signed a bunch of mediocre players and everyone got excited.  No difference makers,

It didn't work when the Eagles did however many years ago, and it hasn't worked for any other team that has tried that tactic.  I mean, name one, really.  

The Browns may be the exception, and its easy to get excited in the offseason, but when the games start, I bet the Browns are still an average team.  At the end of the day, they will only be as good Baker Mayfield.  If he gets better, and is able to complete to OBJ, they will be good.  If not, they will remain average. 

WR Cole Beasley- B+

G Jon Feliciano B+

OT Ty Nsekhe A

TE Tyler Kroft B

WR John Brown B

CB Kevin Johnson C

C Mitch Morse A

RB Frank Gore C

C/G Spencer Long B

WR Duke Williams B

Guys like Nsekhe, Long, Feliciano, & Duke are solid grades because they came really cheap & have a chance to be solid starters. I don't see how these can be graded any lower than a B.