Wr signings vote of confidence for Foster and Zay?

Just now, MJS said:

Foster is still somewhat of an unknown. As it stands right now, Brown is by far the best receiver on the team. Foster could develop into a good receiver though. Let's see how he does in year 2.

Just strictly going off the numbers Foster put up when inserted back into the lineup in the 2nd half of the season.......could he go the other direction?  Yes he could

1 hour ago, MJS said:

John Brown is now by far the best WR for the Bills. Far better than Zay Jones.

Without cheating, who's 2018 stats are whose?

WR1 - 15 starts, 102 targets, 56 receptions, 652 yards, 7 TDs, 54.9 catch %

WR2 - 15 starts, 97 targets, 42 receptions, 715 yards, 5 TDs, 43.3 catch %

A lot of people down on Zay Jones. He's still really young and had a decent 2nd season in the NFL. Still plenty of time for him to develop. More familiarity with Allen next season should also help. 

I still have high hopes for Zay. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think most are just having a hard time forgetting how bad Zay was in year one. He had a decent year last year and it was a huge improvement. I did this same comparison for just about every "must have" tier 2 receiver free agent that was out there, and they had pretty similar stats. He is just now going into year 3 while those guys were on expired contracts. Zay is going to be all right guys.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree, Butler in the 3rd would compliment this wr corp. Foster is safe but Zay might be on the bubble? 

Yes, I see them trying to Zay before the draft .  I like Emannuel Hall too, who could probably be had in the fourth 

44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well I already know since I am familiar with both receiver's stats. But John Brown previously had a 1000 yard season, is super fast, has good hands, and has been playing in less than optimal situations. When I watch him play and see the plays he can make, it makes me happy he is on the team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Well I already know since I am familiar with both receiver's stats. But John Brown previously had a 1000 yard season, is super fast, has good hands, and has been playing in less than optimal situations. When I watch him play and see the plays he can make, it makes me happy he is on the team.

All of that can be true without knocking Zay was my point 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

All of that can be true without knocking Zay was my point 

I was posting in response to the topic, which was that Zay and Foster have been given a vote of confidence in that Zay can now be the #1 and flourish. I think Brown is better than Zay and will be the #1, not Zay Jones.

Does everyone realize the "Year 3 breakout" for WR's has been debunked many times?  There is no year 3 breakout, in fact WR's are slightly more likely to break out in Year 1 or Year 2 rather than Year 3.  And if you combine Years 1 and 2 together versus year 3, they are 65% more likely to break out sometime during the first 2 yeas than they are in year 3.

This is some fan and media myth that still lives on for some reason.  So everyone banking on Zay breaking out just because its his "3rd year" are not realizing there is no statistics that make his breakout in year 3 anymore likely than years 1 or 2.  In fact, its slightly less likely than it would have been in year 2.  

Doesnt mean he cant, just saying the likelihood of it is not enhanced just because of the Year 3 myth about WRs

With what we have and who we're signing it looks like Daboll is installing a Patriots-like offense with plenty of short and intermediate route runners. We dont have a #1 but the main 4 we have are quick and get open. This offense will progress as far as Allen will take them. If this offense improves and we add more solid pieces and depth we could make a legit run at the division. The Jets and Dolphins aren't going to be ***** this year regardless of what they do, and Brady has showed age as last season progressed; highlighted by his opening drive pick in the superbowl and how they should've lost to the chiefs if it weren't for an Offside/mental error on yet another Brady pick.

The Pat's are vulnerable and if Allen progresses we may win legit challenge for the division. 

5 minutes ago, Gigs said:

With what we have and who we're signing it looks like Daboll is installing a Patriots-like offense with plenty of short and intermediate route runners. We dont have a #1 but the main 4 we have are quick and get open. This offense will progress as far as Allen will take them. If this offense improves and we add more solid pieces and depth we could make a legit run at the division. The Jets and Dolphins aren't going to be ***** this year regardless of what they do, and Brady has showed age as last season progressed; highlighted by his opening drive pick in the superbowl and how they should've lost to the chiefs if it weren't for an Offside/mental error on yet another Brady pick.

The Pat's are vulnerable and if Allen progresses we may win legit challenge for the division. 

John Brown and Foster are both deep threats and both have shown the ability to stretch the field. And Allen is a QB that looks to stretch the field and make vertical passing plays. So I disagree with you about the short and intermediate claim.

Edited by MJS

Zay gotta step up.  He's way down on the depth chart now.  We may not be done either getting new WRs.

Brown, Beasley, Duke, Foster.

Once we draft DK or Hakeem, he'll drop further.  How many we gonna keep?

Beane is doing to our WR corps like he did our DB corps when he got here.  run 'em all off and start with new (and better).

What does this say for Ray Ray?

Just now, MJS said:

John Brown and Foster are both deep threats and both have shown the ability to stretch the field. And Allen is a QB that looks to stretch the field and make vertical passing plays. So I disagree with you about the short and intermediate claim.

Disagree all you want, but this WR corps is populated by small fast slot guys. Anyone could conceivably stretch the field, it doesnt mean they will. Allen can throw out of the stadium, but it doesnt mean he will. Daboll runs the offense and I'm going with him building a patriot-like offense considering we have the same skill set in our receivers. 

This doesnt mean they're never going to throw deep, everybody throws deep, but I guarantee this will be an intermediate pass offense a majority of the time and let the receivers make plays after the catch...which all 4 can certainly do.

1 hour ago, Gigs said:

Disagree all you want, but this WR corps is populated by small fast slot guys. Anyone could conceivably stretch the field, it doesnt mean they will. Allen can throw out of the stadium, but it doesnt mean he will. Daboll runs the offense and I'm going with him building a patriot-like offense considering we have the same skill set in our receivers. 

This doesnt mean they're never going to throw deep, everybody throws deep, but I guarantee this will be an intermediate pass offense a majority of the time and let the receivers make plays after the catch...which all 4 can certainly do.

I'll take that bet. Brown is not a slot guy. Foster is not a slot guy. Jones and Beasley are. Allen thrives on intermediate and deep throws.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Zay gotta step up.  He's way down on the depth chart now.  We may not be done either getting new WRs.

Brown, Beasley, Duke, Foster.

Once we draft DK or Hakeem, he'll drop further.  How many we gonna keep?

Beane is doing to our WR corps like he did our DB corps when he got here.  run 'em all off and start with new (and better).

What does this say for Ray Ray?

I doubt we keep more than 6 and even if we do keep that many one or more will be required to provide some special teams contributions.

As for Ray Ray, he's most likely gone.  He'll be a camp body MAYBE.

4 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Duke Williams can wind up being better than both.

Who??? ????

I'm joking

I think Zay is skating on thin ice... I think Foster is going to get better. Plus, I think Allen likes Foster more then Zay. Either way, the Bills usually keep 5-6 WR's ... I think Brown, The Beasles, Zay, & Bob Foster ...that's 4 .... DK, Harry, or Butler drafted will make 5. If they keep 6...Maybe McKenzie or maybe they'll draft another WR in the 4th or 5th?