General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105152934113873921

Next Tweet from user

MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
Follow Follow @RapSheetFollowing Following @RapSheetUnfollow Unfollow @RapSheetBlocked Blocked @RapSheetUnblock Unblock @RapSheetPending Pending follow request from @RapSheetCancel Cancel your follow request to @RapSheet
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

The #Bills are expected to add free agent CB Kevin Johnson, source said, giving them a former first-rounder in the secondary. The deal is pending a final review of the contract.

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, freddyjj said:

I like it as value signing with Rd1 talent at a price that will be discounted given release due to injury history.  Our CB depth will always be tested in this defense.  Outside guy so still need a slot backup in FA or draft.  

Don't forget his ST potential, too - and you should always look to draft a DB in the late rounds no matter what, but I wouldn't hate hitting on a late round prospect for the value, or seeing if we can make a streak out of our UDFA hauls.

• Like (+1) 1

Little comment here from Yost

Travis Yost Retweeted Jeff Howe

Travis Yost added,

Jeff HoweVerified account @jeffphowe
The Giants are still involved in trade discussions with Odell Beckham Jr., according to a source. One of the league’s best wide receivers remains on the market.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hm. So his 700 yards (about what, 45 yards a game) is gonna bring wins? Come on man.

Depends on when and where he gets his 700 yards.  Do they move the chains?  Are there touchdowns involved??  Zay Jones is young.  Robert Foster is young.  We have young.  Obviously the Bills need more help.  You sit over there and worry about how old the players are. Hopefully, Beane worries if a player can help or not.   

The #Redskins are actively shopping several players -- including LBs Zach Brown and Mason Foster -- in trade talks and are strong players for C.J. Mosley, sources say. #Ravens have hoped to retain him, but Mosley has a huge market. Washington would need cap space to do it.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Little comment here from Yost

Travis Yost Retweeted Jeff Howe

Travis Yost added,

Jeff HoweVerified account @jeffphowe
The Giants are still involved in trade discussions with Odell Beckham Jr., according to a source. One of the league’s best wide receivers remains on the market.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Interesting but I want the bills nowhere near this psycho ?

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

According to @SlaterNFL on NFL Network, Earl Thomas wants a deal of two-years, $30M.

So safeties as getting cut everywhere, and Earl "I Havent Played a Full Season Since 2015" Thomas wants 15 million a season.  Ok.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Yost is a hockey guy.

I thought he was a coach in Remember the Titans... ya know, the white guy? 

Criminally underrated performance. Most co-stars shrink in light of a mega star like Denzel, but that guy (I always get him confused with Ed Harris) was as good as Denzel in that movie. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1