Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

Would it be crazy to offer Seattle a 1st round swap for Clark? I don't know if they'd take it, but if we're looking for a pass rusher anyway Clark is a young player that's effective in the league as opposed to the 50% bust rate for pass rushers and is at an age where I'd be comfortable paying a contract. Then I still get to pick at 21. I don't know if Seattle takes it.

1 minute ago, y2zipper said:

Would it be crazy to offer Seattle a 1st round swap for Clark? I don't know if they'd take it, but if we're looking for a pass rusher anyway Clark is a young player that's effective in the league as opposed to the 50% bust rate for pass rushers and is at an age where I'd be comfortable paying a contract. Then I still get to pick at 21. I don't know if Seattle takes it.

Been suggested a lot.  

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Peter King in his mock saying that KC will give up a 1st and 2nd for him... (Picks 29 and 63..)

Yikes!

Too rich for my blood...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/

Well, when you drop fiddy and LOSE, you need pass rush help!

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I wonder why. Process?

16 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to play in buffalo. 

This is something the franchise will face until they can win important games etc. And something they will always face due to lackluster nightlife & garbage weather.

I saw on NFLN last night 3 teams in on Clark, Bills were not listed as one of the teams, I figured he already pulled an AB on Beane.

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

This is something the franchise will face until they can win important games etc. And something they will always face due to lackluster nightlife & garbage weather.

I saw on NFLN last night 3 teams in on Clark, Bills were not listed as one of the teams, I figured he already pulled an AB on Beane.

Speaking of garbage...this post qualifies.

If Seattle is insisting on a 1st for Clark I'm glad Beane is out.

"Lackluster nightlife" as a reason players won't come to Buffalo...I'm still laughing... :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They better alter their expectations or pay the guy.  Chandler Jones netted the Pats a late 2nd round pick, at the same age Clark is now with roughly the same output.

The Bears killed the market for a trade like this last year.  If Beane can get Clark for a 2nd or 3rd, I'd say go for it.  Leave the 1st out of the discussions.

The Shehawks have $10 Mil in cap space.   barely enough for the rookie class and they still have 22 roster spots to fill to get to 90.  

they have work to do to settle their house 

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

That can matter to wealthy 20-something human males...

Not if they have a good head on their shoulders and advisors who make sure they really understand what's important.  Also less relevant to players with wives/families.  With the average length of an NFL career being less than 5 years, worrying about where to get your groove on should be extremely low on the list of factors when considering FA destinations.

• Like (+1) 1

Until a deal is done for Clark we can’t assume the Bills are out.

The asking price will likely drop as the draft nears/begins, and then we’ll see who is willing to pay up and meet Seattle’s lowered demands.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, eball said:

Not if they have a good head on their shoulders and advisors who make sure they really understand what's important.

Do you remember being 20-something?  lol

Listening to adults is not high on the list.

Edited by MacGyver

41 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Do you remember being 20-something?  lol

Listening to adults is not high on the list.

When I was 20-something I wasn't being offered millions of dollars to keep myself at peak performance to play a game.

• Like (+1) 1

Peter king saying chiefs willing to give up 1st and 2nd makes no sense.  If that's the offer deal would be done.  That information seems like a leak to drive up the bids. I noticed yesterday the jets said they were no longer interested in Clark.  This isn't the case, I believe this is to strengthen their hand they hold with the 3rd pick.  If a team knows your desperate to trade down to make another trade for a player they hold the leverage. 

5 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Peter king saying chiefs willing to give up 1st and 2nd makes no sense.  If that's the offer deal would be done.  That information seems like a leak to drive up the bids. I noticed yesterday the jets said they were no longer interested in Clark.  This isn't the case, I believe this is to strengthen their hand they hold with the 3rd pick.  If a team knows your desperate to trade down to make another trade for a player they hold the leverage. 

This is the time of the year where we just have to be patient and wait until Thursday.  So much misdirection in the last few days.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Not if they have a good head on their shoulders and advisors who make sure they really understand what's important.  Also less relevant to players with wives/families.  With the average length of an NFL career being less than 5 years, worrying about where to get your groove on should be extremely low on the list of factors when considering FA destinations.

totally agree.  And Buffalo has an adequate night life, IMO.  (and I don't live there).  Compared to a city like KC, it's more than adequate.  It's like how Jim B recruits players to Syracuse when asked about the weather, he said something like, "during winter you are always in the guy.  After the season it's spring, summer and fall."  

And if a player wants to be "the guy" in a city, going to NYC will not do that.  Too many athletes competing for attention.  In Buffalo, you can be the guy.  

Edited by RyanC883

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  And Buffalo has an adequate night life, IMO.  (and I don't live there).  Compared to a city like KC, it's more than adequate.  It's like how Jim B recruits players to Syracuse when asked about the weather, he said something like, "during winter you are always in the guy.  After the season it's spring, summer and fall."  

And if a player wants to be "the guy" in a city, going to NYC will not do that.  Too many athletes competing for attention.  In Buffalo, you can be the guy.  

What kind of a program is Boeheim running up there anyway????

• Like (+1) 1