Screw Rotoworld's Buffalo Bashing

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "closing in on a deal" to trade Antonio Brown to the Bills.

Wow. It will be interesting to see what the Bills are sending the Steelers' direction, as Buffalo doesn't have any extra picks in the early rounds, holding their own first-, second-, and third-round picks, with the first being at No. 9 overall. Going from Ben Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh to Josh Allen and Buffalo is a significant downgrade for Brown both in football and life. His fantasy prospects will obviously take a big hit with this deal. It's truly fair to wonder if Brown will willingly go to Buffalo.

RELATED: 
Mar 7, 2019, 10:32 PM

I added the emphasis to the above quote.  I'm tired of these ignorant cheap shots on the city of Buffalo.  Screw them.  I wish I had a paid subscription to Rotoworld just so I could cancel it.

It hurts, but it's true.

One team wins consistently and is a model franchise, one is a laughing stock that has never won anything.

One QB is a future HOF, the other is an unproven and inaccurate 2nd year player.

As for Pittsburgh vs. Buffalo, Pittsburgh is a little nicer...but it's basically a wash, both are cold, blue-collar cities.

33 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good for Ross Tucker:

Ross Tucker is one of the better media guys. I don't always agree with him, but even if I don't I can respect his opinion as he can string a sentence together and provide logical substantive arguments

• Like (+1) 1

Based on past performance, Rotoworld is right.  If AB nixed the deal, that's probably what he sees too.  I'm pretty optimistic about the trend moving forward, but trends are not set in stone.  

5 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I've lived in Pittsburgh.  Outside of the downtown area it is a complete S'hole.  Abandoned industry everywhere, crappy little rust belt towns surrounding it.  It's like the Black Rock area of Buffalo, but it is the entire area, not just a little section.  Of all the places I've lived or spent considerable of time in, it was by far the worst.  Plus, with all the valleys and bridges it takes forever to get anywhere and traffic gets backed up everywhere too.  F Pittsburgh.

Clearly, you did not live in Pittsburgh, or have not lived here since the 1970's.   I too am sick of seeing Buffalo (where I used to live a long time ago) bashed, but Pittsburgh is very nice.  That said, AB is a total D-bag for not going to Buffalo, and the morons who say living in Buffalo is a "downgrade" likely have not left NYC (which sucks) most of their life.  Buffalo is also a great place, but so is Pittsburgh, don't take my word for it:

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/neighborhood/2018/08/20/Pittsburgh-No-2-most-livable-city-America-32-global-liveability-index-Economist/stories/201808200090  (2nd most livable city in US according to the Economist)

https://www.travelchannel.com/interests/travels-best/photos/travels-best-all-american-vacations-2014?page=6 (great vacation spot)

Also:

Edited by RyanC883

2 hours ago, Irv said:

I'll take Buffalonians over the silicone phonies in LA any day.  AB was a bad fit.  Trade the jerk to Cleveland! 

I agree, I think we should make the trade for AB and then trade him to Cleveland for what we paid and a extra 3rd rd pick.

The bashing remains relevant to this story; the deal fell apart (allegedly) b/c Brown straight up wouldn't come to Buffalo.

It's a problem this organization has always had, and always will have, at least with a certain type of athlete.

The Sabres have the problem too, with a certain class of athlete.

Since AB voiced his displeasure with Big Ben and the Steelers, one would think any mature individual would welcome a change of scenery - especially a team on the rise.  If AB, or anyone else, doesn't think the Bills are an up and coming organization, they haven't been paying attention.

I'm not concerned about Rotoworld, ESPN, etc snark since that is what they do.  Not out of the norm for them.

As far as Buffalo being cold...NE, GB, Pittsburgh....none of them are cold, of course ?

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Clearly, you did not live in Pittsburgh, or have not lived here since the 1970's.   I too am sick of seeing Buffalo (where I used to live a long time ago) bashed, but Pittsburgh is very nice.  That said, AB is a total D-bag for not going to Buffalo, and the morons who say living in Buffalo is a "downgrade" likely have not left NYC (which sucks) most of their life.  Buffalo is also a great place, but so is Pittsburgh, don't take my word for it:

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/neighborhood/2018/08/20/Pittsburgh-No-2-most-livable-city-America-32-global-liveability-index-Economist/stories/201808200090  (2nd most livable city in US according to the Economist)

https://www.travelchannel.com/interests/travels-best/photos/travels-best-all-american-vacations-2014?page=6 (great vacation spot)

Also:

Definitely did live there and not in the 70s before I was born.  Traveled daily all around the area for work.  It's a complete S*hole and I stand by it.  Now, as I said in my original post, that is OUTSIDE the downtown area which is, admittedly, very nice.  The stadium area is nice too, but go 1/2 mile away from it and its terrible.  Same with South Shore.  The outer edges of the city and the surrounding suburbs are worn down, abandoned, dirty, and rusty.  I had to find a place 30 miles outside the city to live that was decent (Cranberry Twp area) and if you want to live any where nice downtown, be prepared to pay a small fortune.

And Primanti Bros is disgusting too.  

On 3/8/2019 at 4:04 AM, njbuff said:

The people that rip WNY are the people who are either brainless or have no IDEA what WNY is all about, or both.

Don't let what some moron(s) say bother you one bit.

Or lived there and elsewhere and realize exactly what it is. 

Why this complex? Live where you want but accept WNY isn’t the center of the universe.  It’s not. 

For one, An independent survey was conducted among 3.5 million people on where is the better place to live. By a margin of more than 2.5:1, more specifically 3.4 million vs 1.3 million... Pittsburgh metro area won the voting. 

People may like to argue population doesn’t mean anything but in a free country and with today’s mobility as well as exponentially growing remote workforce participation, the trends are meaningful. 

For those into economics, look at housing prices which signal demand. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood