Shows That Were Cancelled Too Soon

Sports Night. Ran for just two seasons. Won a lot of awards including Best Actress in comedy series, Best New comedy series, Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy series, and Best Show You're Not Watching. There was even some talk of cable picking it up which the writers parlayed in to the script...never happened though. 

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Sports Night. Ran for just two seasons. Won a lot of awards including Best Actress in comedy series, Best New comedy series, Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy series, and Best Show You're Not Watching. There was even some talk of cable picking it up which the writers parlayed in to the script...never happened though. 

On this same wavelength, The Newsroom. I can only imagine what that show would look like if it were airing during the Trump presidency.

My main show that I wish hadn't been cancelled so soon was Leverage. I absolutely adore it and am still hoping they come back for a movie at some point like shows like Psych have done.

I also vaguely remember the acting being pretty poor, but I was intrigued by Flashforward and was pretty disappointed when it got cancelled.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

On this same wavelength, The Newsroom. I can only imagine what that show would look like if it were airing during the Trump presidency.

Never heard of it, will have to check it out.

2 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Never heard of it, will have to check it out.

I never actually watched Sports Night, but Newsroom is another of Aaron Sorkin's shows. Basically the gist of it is that this news studio is trying to do news "the right way" and it covers real news stories (ex: one of the episodes covers where they were when 9/11 happened, how crazy it was covering the story, etc.) It's a fictional show but covers real stories; it was really cool to watch.

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Jason Witten-Era MNF.

For all the flak he took, I thought he got a lot better as the year went on.  Didn't help that ESPN got mostly dog**** games and he was stuck in a three-way with Tessetore and some idiot named Booger for the entire year.

6 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

For all the flak he took, I thought he got a lot better as the year went on.  Didn't help that ESPN got mostly dog**** games and he was stuck in a three-way with Tessetore and some idiot named Booger for the entire year.

I disagree.  He was horrible from day one and never got better.  I do, however, agree with you re: Booger.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Jason Witten-Era MNF.

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

My favorite episode is when they got authentic Buffalo boneless wings from Applebees®, Cookin' Good in the Neighborhood™.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

Could never get through the last season of Deadwood.  Tried at least 3 times.  First season is amazing, second season was good, then it lost me.

Understandable. Lots of people felt that way. 

15 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Party Down

The great thing about Party Down was that it was a show about washed up actors and actors who couldn't break into the industry and make it big, all played by washed up actors and actors who couldn't break into the industry and make it big (Lizzie Caplan notwithstanding).

Then Adam Scott and Jane Lynch get big roles in established TV series and it ends the show.

• Like (+1) 1