Trump (the "Art of the Deal" guy) & Kim Jong Un cancel denuclearization talks early

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warmbiers-parents-push-back-on-trump-comments-blame-kims-evil-regime-for-sons-death

Id have had “Compliments if the Warmbiers” painted on every bomb that I would have dropped on North Korea. 

Cowardly draft dodger. 

I know he uses flattery as a negotiating tactic but that's just awful.  It's not a fricken real estate deal.  The guy's one of the most brutal dictators in the world.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I know he uses flattery as a negotiating tactic but that's just awful.  It's not a fricken real estate deal.  The guy's one of the most brutal dictators in the world.

Remember when Churchill praised Hitler and defended a heinous action of his regime? Me neither. Trump ain’t no Churchill. We need a Churchill. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Remember when Churchill praised Hitler and defended a heinous action of his regime? Me neither. Trump ain’t no Churchill. We need a Churchill. 

Gary Oldman's available.  The leeway and excuses Republicans give Trump for this kind of crap is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Gary Oldman's available.  The leeway and excuses Republicans give Trump for this kind of crap is ridiculous.

Trump steps on his own rakes when he speaks - but on this he was pretty clear. He never said he didn't hold Kim's regime responsible for what happened. He never said he didn't hold Kim accountable for what happened under his "leadership". All he said was that Kim told him he didn't know what happened to Otto until after it happened. 

Is that true? Likely it is. Does it make Kim any less of a dictator? Nope. 

The spin that comes off these flubs is what's hilarious to me. If only because it continually shows which outlets are more interested in dividing and spinning than they are factually covering the story. There are very, very few that do the latter anymore. But the former is becoming easier and easier to spot.

Part of the confusion here is the failure to understand what the DPRK was under Kim until very, very recently. It wasn't his country as much as it was a controlled country (by several actors, including the USIC). 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Gary Oldman’s Churchill was AWFUL. I hated that movie. I hates it! I prefer John Lithgow’s interpretation. 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump steps on his own rakes when he speaks - but on this he was pretty clear. He never said he didn't hold Kim's regime responsible for what happened. He never said he didn't hold Kim accountable for what happened under his "leadership". All he said was that Kim told him he didn't know what happened to Otto until after it happened. 

The spin that comes off these flubs is what's hilarious to me. If only because it continually shows which outlets are more interested in dividing and spinning than they are factually covering the story. There are very, very few that do the latter anymore. But the former is becoming easier and easier to spot.

Part of the confusion here is the failure to understand what the DPRK was under Kim until very, very recently. It wasn't his country as much as it was a controlled country (by several actors, including the USIC). 

Dude — Trumps flirtatious relationship with that ***** is unacceptable. His refusal to use force is also unacceptable. 

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Disagree. 

Ignorance over what Kim truly is, who he answer(ed) to is what's confusing you. 

Oh, I’ve got Kim all wrong? That’s it. It’s not that Trump is wrong, it’s that Kims a good guy. Got it?

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Yes, but tomorrow I can stop being an insufferable douche-bag and you'll still be a passenger on the far-left brakeless crazy train to 2020.

You could stop tomorrow, but you won't...you been doing it too long.  You should probably worry about your own train there Choo-choo Charlie.

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And he said he believed him.  To me it's inconceivable that a captured American prisoner would not be beaten into a vegistative state without Kim Jong Un's knowledge.

In general the question is how much of are moral principles should we sacrifice to appease a brutal dictator?  If somehow despite NK lying constantly over the years about denuclearization Trump gets Kim to denuclearize....it's worth it.  If not, these summits will go down as textbook "what not to do" when dealing with a dictator as reprehensible as Kim Jong Un.

14 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Gary Oldman’s Churchill was AWFUL. I hated that movie. I hates it! I prefer John Lithgow’s interpretation. 

Albert Finney was the best.  I thought both Lithgow and Oldman were fine.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

And he said he believed him.  To me it's inconceivable that a captured American prisoner would not be beaten into a vegistative state without Kim Jong Un's knowledge.

In general the question is how much of are moral principles should we sacrifice to appease a brutal dictator?  If somehow despite NK lying constantly over the years about denuclearization Trump gets Kim to denuclearize....it's worth it.  If not, these summits will go down as textbook "what not to do" when dealing with a dictator as reprehensible as Kim Jong Un.

"Textbook what not to do" if this crazy bastard does not denuclearize? I would suggest that textbook has been written by the world leaders of the past who allowed it to get this far. That would include American leadership as well. 

As for what to do now, well I guess we'll see how it goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Oldman’s interpretation did NOT show Churchill’s wit or steadfast determination. It was ridiculous on so many accounts. And I hated the movie. 

35 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, Trump's not wrong on May, Trudeau, Merkel, or Macron. I like how Reich forgets that part.

The Abe "quote" makes absolutely no sense without context, which is completely intentional on Reich's part. You know, considering that Abe and Trump get along quite well, which is again somehow not mentioned.

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, Trump's not wrong on May, Trudeau, Merkel, or Macron. I like how Reich forgets that part.

The Abe "quote" makes absolutely no sense without context, which is completely intentional on Reich's part. You know, considering that Abe and Trump get along quite well, which is again somehow not mentioned.

Read the comments on Reich's tweet. Batshit crazy.