Trump (the "Art of the Deal" guy) & Kim Jong Un cancel denuclearization talks early

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

agree the first tweets are right on..ridiculous takes that changed overnight.

But as for Menendez, there were folks , and he may or may not have been one of them, who pointed out that Kim's strategy all along was going to be gain acceptance as a peer of the US by meeting with the POTUS as it grants him legitimacy..while ultimately giving away nothing and not disarming. That can be a legitimate point of view no?

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump just doesn't get it. He's not doing things the way his predecessors did!

Sure he does. He legislates with a pen and a phone, and is called a racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamaphobic, totalitarian dictator actual literal super mecha Hitler for it.

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Let's put it into a football analogy.

Trump and Kim have only played a few games.

Yet, some like to point out that Trump hasn't won the Super Bowl.

Well, of course not, as the regular season isn't even over yet!

Soooo... when's the Super Bowl?

This season doesn't last much longer and it could be cut short by a player's strike... and you're sayin we still need to see playoffs AND a Super Bowl?

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... when's the Super Bowl?

This season doesn't last much longer and it could be cut short by a player's strike... and you're sayin we still need to see playoffs AND a Super Bowl?

Hes got a little under 6 more years to get it done.

But it's tied to the China negotiations in many ways. Once that's done, this deal (which is already done) will be publicly announced as well IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

But as for Menendez, there were folks , and he may or may not have been one of them, who pointed out that Kim's strategy all along was going to be gain acceptance as a peer of the US by meeting with the POTUS as it grants him legitimacy..while ultimately giving away nothing and not disarming. That can be a legitimate point of view no?

The folks spouting off that line of thinking were always going to have objections to anything Trump does. If we make a deal, Kim's stock will go up. If we don't, he'll be seen as the same old oppressor he's always been.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It's a legit point of view but far too early in the process to declare it's what happened. Menedez (who's one bribed juror away from being in the clink at present, and a world class diddler) is doing a victory lap not out of love of country, but out of hatred of Trump - as are many. That's problematic for a lot of reasons, but coming from this particular waste of carbon it's just hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a legit point of view but far too early in the process to declare it's what happened. Menedez (who's one bribed juror away from being in the clink at present, and a world class diddler) is doing a victory lap not out of love of country, but out of hatred of Trump - as are many. That's problematic for a lot of reasons, but coming from this particular waste of carbon it's just hilarious. 

??

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump just doesn't get it. He's not doing things the way his predecessors did!

Of course not. Don't you know that the entire NK rocket and A Bomb programs started once Trump's Administration took charge and not a minute before.

If he had just folded his arms and ignored the little tyrant, they wouldn't have nukes nor missiles that are capable of traveling across the Pacific and potentially hitting the US homeland. Bush, Clinton, W, and Barry had us so safe just by thumbing their noses at L'il Kim. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yes, as stated above. It worked out so swimmingly for the previous Presidents. Why didn't Trump just follow their intransigence? 

Oh, I forgot. He's the FIRST US President to have a HOSTILE North Korea that is armed with Nukes and ICBMs. How did that happen? 

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Yes, as stated above. It worked out so swimmingly for the previous Presidents. Why didn't Trump just follow their intransigence? 

Oh, I forgot. He's the FIRST US President to have a HOSTILE North Korea that is armed with Nukes and ICBMs. How did that happen? 

Not quite sure your point here..

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yessir. You should consider getting used to him. Based on the field aligning against him, he's going to win 2020 in a walk.

unfortunately, it is appearing as that is almost a lock if he stays out of the can and keeps his taxes out of public view.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

unfortunately, it is appearing as that is almost a lock if he stays out of the can and keeps his taxes out of public view.

In all seriousness, how much impact do you expect his taxes to actually have? There won't be any criminal charges filed from them becoming public (since the government already has them/had them for this entire time - if there were crimes committed they would have charged him by now based on that information). The left gets more mileage (imo) out of the taxes remaining "hidden" since it allows them to spoon feed conspiracy theories to their audiences about what those taxes might actually say. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Yessir. You should consider getting used to him. Based on the field aligning against him, he's going to win 2020 in a walk.

When an as of yet uncommitted Joe Biden is their best chance, things aren't looking too good for the dems. Kamala Harris is now not only supporting pot but wants to decriminalize prostitution. Warren is a scold, Booker is an idiot and Bernie's ship sailed two years ago. The New Green Deal has these people boxed in and a smart opponent won't let the public forget it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In all seriousness, how much impact do you expect his taxes to actually have? There won't be any criminal charges filed from them becoming public (since the government already has them/had them for this entire time - if there were crimes committed they would have charged him by now based on that information). The left gets more mileage (imo) out of the taxes remaining "hidden" since it allows them to spoon feed conspiracy theories to their audiences about what those taxes might actually say. 

I do think it will have tremendous( hehe , his favorite word) impact on a good portion of his base. My gut tells me 3  things

1) his pre-adjusted income will be much lower than most people think, and he claims

2) his adjusted income will be minuscule..angering a base that sees "elites" as already getting to many breaks..and his opponents will go after the numbers with his new tax code to show just how much that tax cut is/would be saving him..and they will look at their reduced  tax return and maybe have a different opinion of Trump

3) I am certainly no expert on real estate taxation etc..so this part is really pure guess.but if valuations of properties, income etc  and et all inflated on loan applications, tax credits applications , or other documents  and are materially different that's what on his tax returns..that could be a real issue

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I wish my father-in-law would be as convinced as you.

All of my in-laws are hardcore Republicans/Trump fans.  My father-in-law (step-father-in-law really, but wife is closest to him) was uber convinced Obama wouldn't win a 2nd term; so convinced he bet me a bottle of Johnny Blue.

That bottle is still sitting on my mantle at home.

I've been trying to get him to make the same bet about Trump winning a 2nd term, though I'd want a good bottle of single-malt this time rather than Johnny blue.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

What a completely ridiculous op-ed - Yeah, prostitution always existed, will continue to exist, but because it works so well in the black market there's no reason to look for a good way to legalize it.