Amazon To Pay No Federal Taxes in 2019

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:
Democrats are tearing themselves apart over Amazon
by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

And last week it was the Green New Deal.  And the week before it was Northam and Fairfax.  

Next week it'll be...I dunno...the racism of popcorn (because palm oil, slaves, something something something).  Week after that it'll be Black Panther being shunned at the Oscars.  

Whiskey Golf Alpha Foxtrot.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And last week it was the Green New Deal.  And the week before it was Northam and Fairfax.  

Next week it'll be...I dunno...the racism of popcorn (because palm oil, slaves, something something something  white popcorn good, black popcorn bad).  Week after that it'll be Black Panther being shunned at the Oscars.  

Whiskey Golf Alpha Foxtrot.

FTFY

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok I stopped right here. And I took ***** for responding to Tibs (which I have stopped BTW).  Jesus guys you really got nothing better to do??

This is a particularly onerous bugger. I know it's PPP, but why and how this abject canker hasn't been given a time out is beyond me. He/She/It's vile to the core and adds negative i.e., not even black matter to the universe. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Hey, did anyone see @Coach Tuesday return to this discussion yet? 

Anyone?

No one?

Nothing?

Gee...how surprising.

I hope nothing has happened to him.  I've been waiting with all of my "bloodthirsty zeal" thinking about "so-called rapists" coming over the border.

I just miss you @Coach Tuesday!

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I hope nothing has happened to him.  I've been waiting with all of my "bloodthirsty zeal" thinking about "so-called rapists" coming over the border.

I just miss you @Coach Tuesday!

I'm sure @Coach Tuesday simply got busy and was unable to return. But I'm sure he'll come back to explain how Amazon paid no federal taxes.

I'm sure he will. Absolutely 100%! :lol:

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm sure @Coach Tuesday simply got busy and was unable to return. But I'm sure he'll come back to explain how Amazon paid no federal taxes.

I'm sure he will. Absolutely 100%! :lol:

I'm sure he's poring over the 10K as we type.

Can't wait until he gets his hands on Trump's tax returns.

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Hey, did anyone see @Coach Tuesday return to this discussion yet? 

Anyone?

No one?

Nothing?

Gee...how surprising.

Hey pal - note that I specifically noted that Amazon likely didn’t break any laws.  I raised the question as to whether the laws should be revised, and wondered whether this issue should be more of a focus than the hate-mongering that both sides would much prefer to engage in.  Try actually reading.

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm sure he's poring over the 10K as we type.

Can't wait until he gets his hands on Trump's tax returns.

You remain king of the garbage heap, Tom.  The 10k doesn’t reveal their tax strategy and in any event they’ve not broken any laws.  The issue is whether the laws should be changed - I’m undecided on it actually.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hey pal - note that I specifically noted that Amazon likely didn’t break any laws.  I raised the question as to whether the laws should be revised, and wondered whether this issue should be more of a focus than the hate-mongering that both sides would much prefer to engage in.  Try actually reading.

You remain king of the garbage heap, Tom.  The 10k doesn’t reveal their tax strategy and in any event they’ve not broken any laws.  The issue is whether the laws should be changed - I’m undecided on it actually.  

It does, however, reveal whether or not they pay federal taxes or not.  Which is the topic of this thread.

But I can't wait to see where you move the goalposts to next.

Just now, DC Tom said:

It does, however, reveal whether or not they pay federal taxes or not.  Which is the topic of this thread.

But I can't wait to see where you move the goalposts to next.

Hey now, I don’t mind where he moves the goalposts, now that he’s at least reappeared in the end zone.

baby steps.

Tom, should the tax laws amended to make it harder for corporations (and wealthy individuals) to employ creative tax strategies to significantly reduce their income tax obligations?  That’s my question now - and that was my original question.  Do you have an opinion?  Or will you continue being your grouchy, partisan, hypocrital self?

It’s funny - I didn’t call anyone here names in my OP, but have been called many names in response.  I didn’t call anyone on this forum a racist (although a bunch of racists quickly outed themselves in this thread).  I raised a question for discussion and, just as I expected, the masses who have ruined this forum would prefer to name-call, and would prefer (without reading my post or knowing my poltics) to paint me as the New Left.

If you would like to know my politics, just ask me.  I despise Trump, I was disgusted with Obama.  I’d vote libertarian before I’d vote for Bernie Sanders.  I hate progressive politics.  I hate the modern incarnation of the GOP, which is more outcome-focused than rights-focused.  For example.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Tom, should the tax laws amended to make it harder for corporations (and wealthy individuals) to employ creative tax strategies to significantly reduce their income tax obligations?  That’s my question now - and that was my original question.  Do you have an opinion?  Or will you continue being your grouchy, partisan, hypocrital self?

It’s funny - I didn’t call anyone here names in my OP, but have been called many names in response.  I didn’t call anyone on this forum a racist (although a bunch of racists quickly outed themselves in this thread).  I raised a question for discussion and, just as I expected, the masses who have ruined this forum would prefer to name-call, and would prefer (without reading my post or knowing my poltics) to paint me as the New Left.

Why do you think those deductions are there in the first place?  Should a business be allowed to deduct a business expense?  How do you calculate a profit if you're not allowed to deduct expenses?

36 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you would like to know my politics, just ask me.  I despise Trump, I was disgusted with Obama.  I’d vote libertarian before I’d vote for Bernie Sanders.  I hate progressive politics.  I hate the modern incarnation of the GOP, which is more outcome-focused than rights-focused.  For example.

I don't give a ***** about your politics.  You're incapable of rational thought.  Your question "Should tax laws be changed?" is unrelated to your premise, though virtue of the simple fact that your premise "Amazon paid no taxes in 2019" is demonstrably horseshit.

Learn to read corporate financials.  Shut the ***** up until then.

On February 17, 2019 at 6:36 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

http://fortune.com/2019/02/14/amazon-doesnt-pay-federal-taxes-2019/

I know many of you would rather focus with bloodthirsty zeal on hoards of so-called rapists coming over the border to find white women, but I thought I'd post an actual, real problem that the demagogues don't want us to focus on.  What do we think about it?  Amazon's tax strategies most surely are fully legal - and is that a problem?  I'm surprised (I guess, actually I'm not surprised) that the "drain the swamp" crowd isn't more focused on this kind of issue.  I'm not sure where I fall on it - I cannot stand progressive politics that chase businesses out of communities that need them (see, e.g.., Amazon in Long Island City and Buffalo from 1980-2015), but it also seems galling that tax laws (and loopholes) allow the biggest earners (corporate and individual) to shirk the obligations the rest of us face.

Thoughts? 

With trillion dollar deficits it seems resin able to ask the people with

the money to pay instead of going after social

security and Medicare and obamacare 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you are going to make these accusations then name those who you are calling racist.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

With trillion dollar deficits it seems resin able to ask the people with

the money to pay instead of going after social

security and Medicare and obamacare 

You mean like plastic?

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hey pal - note that I specifically noted that Amazon likely didn’t break any laws.

What you wrote was that Amazon paid no federal taxes. You took the time to post an article that was inaccurate, and create a thread title that was inaccurate, and yet somehow I'm the one who needs to read? :lol:

At least you popped back in to remind us why you left. At the very least, if you're going to post a ridiculous topics like "Amazon didn't pay federal taxes" or "Global Warming Cooling Climate Change Is Real" then at least have the common message board courtesy to not run away every time you post something.

Hell, even Tibs stays for his threads, and he still struggles with the concept of a fork.

• Haha (+1) 1