New Anchor Bar (Frederick MD)

BobDVA

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Jesus    that's the problem today   TOO many fruity drinks.  

If its a Bills Bar you have Labatts, Molson. Then a few others like Bud, Michelob, and for the fruity fans , a Corona to shove a lime in.  

sounds like for you...it's too many people with taste!

now go shoot at the deer and the kids eatin your lawn

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

On Sunday, we visited the Frederick restaurant. It was fine. The BOW was decent, the wings were OK, bar service was spotty.

One pet peeve is the beer menu. They list the brewery but not the style. You have to ask about each and the taps are too far way to read. Even small bars have updated printed lists or display on a board. Not that hard to do. 

Overall, for a Sunday lunch in late April, it wasn’t that busy. 

Thanks for the review.  I'll have to check it out soon.  I live about 20 miles south of there off I-270.  

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If its a Bills Bar you have Labatts, Molson. Then a few others like Bud, Michelob, and for the fruity fans , a Corona to shove a lime in.  

My long time bride drinks cosmopolitan's and I like anchovies and black olives on my pizza pies. Go suck on a boiled egg...you beverage Nazi.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

sounds like for you...it's too many people with taste!

now go shoot at the deer and the kids eatin your lawn

taste?  For fruity cocktails ....  Not really.  

Real men drink beer not spiced juices with hopps   :)

Hey ....  Do they give you those little umbrellas to put in your beer glass too?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

OK, I finally broke down and drove the 40 miles to the Duffs in Newnan, GA. I don’t get a good beef on weck very often, so it was worth the trip. Wings were the best I’ve had in Georgia, which isn’t saying too much, but they were good and I’m glad I went. Once.

(Full disclosure, I had people working at the house and just wanted to get away for a while.) 

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When cave men go to a bar they only drink crap.  Got it.  Thanks for your input. 

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

Thanks for the review.  I'll have to check it out soon.  I live about 20 miles south of there off I-270.  

Afterwards, if you like breweries, checkout Flying Dog and Old Mother Brewery.  

1 hour ago, Augie said:

OK, I finally broke down and drove the 40 miles to the Duffs in Newnan, GA. I don’t get a good beef on weck very often, so it was worth the trip. Wings were the best I’ve had in Georgia, which isn’t saying too much, but they were good and I’m glad I went. Once.

(Full disclosure, I had people working at the house and just wanted to get away for a while.) 

In-laws?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Nice! I had duffs the other night 

what kind did you get ?

13 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

When cave men go to a bar they only drink crap.  Got it.  Thanks for your input. 

Afterwards, if you like breweries, checkout Flying Dog and Old Mother Brewery.  

LOL   Labatt and Molson are not crap beer. Both have the same or exceed the ABV of the average IPA.   The Cororna I'd agree with.

Thank you for not getting my ball busting.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nice! I had duffs the other night 

what kind did you get ?

Got the lunch special with beef on weck plus 5 medium. More for than I really needed (or could finish), but it was actually better than I expected. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Got the lunch special with beef on weck plus 5 medium. More for than I really needed (or could finish), but it was actually better than I expected. 

Why in the world am i not shocked you got the mediums... 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Why in the world am i not shocked you got the mediums... 

Hey! I haven’t had Duff’s in several decades, and they warn you that the mediums are hot, and the hot are Super hot. I don’t do “I dare you” food. 

I was at a pizza place a while ago and a guy comes in and sits down next to me. He orders 10 hot. They warn him hot is super HOT. (Not sure what they add, but it’s not the regular sauce, but stronger.) He says “that’s what beer is for”. OK. After the first wing I ask how they are. He says “fine”. During the second wing he chokes out “it builds on you.” By the third wing his eyes and nose are running, and he’s ordering two beers at a time. It was hysterical, from MY seat! He’s blowing his nose, with tears running down his face, too ashamed to give up on his 10 wings. I still chuckle when I think of it. 

It turns out the medium was.....just medium. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I had wings here tonight. So good. Really solid locale. Will be back.

I wish GOOD wings would spread across the country like wildfire. A “wing revolution”!

We just booked a condo in Hilton Head in June for a family get together. Reminds me that in the early 80’s there nobody had heard of chicken wings. I was with he guy who ran a restaurant down in South Beach, and he was asking questions. He was getting curious, and I was getting hungry! We went to the grocery store and made the first wings on Hilton Head Island, and maybe in the state of SC. He said “these are pretty good, they might catch on!” Haha