Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

They didn't want to pay their young, ascending, stud WR, but they would pay an older stud WR in A.B.? I don't know...

Cooper had been hardcore descending for in Oakland in 2017 and 2018.  So he wasn't ascending, and everyone, including most this board, laughed at the Cowboys for giving a first round pick for him.  But he had a major resurrection in Dallas from that point on validating the trade for Cowboys.  He was a drop machine in Oak and a shell of himself in 2017 and 2018.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cooper had been hardcore descending for in Oakland in 2017 and 2018.  So he wasn't ascending, and everyone, including most this board, laughed at the Cowboys for giving a first round pick for him.  But he had a major resurrection in Dallas from that point on validating the trade for Cowboys.  He was a drop machine in Oak and a shell of himself in 2017 and 2018.  

That entire team had issues.  Cooper clearly had talent and was homegrown.  I laughed at the Cowboys too for giving up a first, but Cooper, as we saw, still had the same talent.  What makes you believe Gruden has any type of plan?  I don't see him going after A.B.  But then again who knows what that joker will do?  We shall see.

Edited by purple haze

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

AB is being interviewed on sportscenter right now. He is laying into Ben. Said he never works out with him in the offseason 

From a QB perspective I don't think AB could find a better signal caller then J A because of the similarities in skill set between Allen and Big Ben. Many of AB's plays as a play maker occur on broken/extended plays in which the WR becomes next to impossible to cover for a long duration. The AB and JA combination would work well both from a performance standpoint and off the field personal relationship because its really hard to find much not to like where JA's concerned in my humble opinion.

AB loves catching the football, and why not, he's arguably one of the best in the league. JA needs a go to guy.

Odds are against it, but I'm holding out hope...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

From a QB perspective I don't think AB could find a better signal caller then J A because of the similarities in skill set between Allen and Big Ben. Many of AB's plays as a play maker occur on broken/extended plays in which the WR becomes next to impossible to cover for a long duration. The AB and JA combination would work well both from a performance standpoint and off the field personal relationship because its really hard to find much not to like where JA's concerned in my humble opinion.

AB loves catching the football, and why not, he's arguably one of the best in the league. JA needs a go to guy.

Odds are against it, but I'm holding out hope...

As far as an on the field addition, it’s hard to argue there could be a better proven offensive playmaker for JA than AB

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I'd applaud Oakland for getting a 1st for Cooper and flipping that into Brown who could be had for less.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Figster said:

The interview does Brown as much bad as it does good IMO.

Perhaps Oakland is a good fit...

He's a little wacky. 

I watched Lebron's show "The Shop" on HBO this morning where he was a guest on. He's a character.    

• Thank you (+1) 1