Buffalo is the 9th most liberal city in the US

http://news.wbfo.org/post/study-finds-buffalo-9th-most-liberal-city-america

Per that study anyway.  Sorry if this was mentioned before I tend to lurk more than post on this part of the site.

Actually I was some what surprised.  If this is any representation of Buffalo this part of the site slants more Republican/conservative imo.  However I’d imagine people in general who are football fans may lean conservative.  

Edited by Another Fan

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Per that study anyway.  Sorry if this was mentioned before I tend to lurk more than post on this part of the site.

Actually I was some what surprised.  If this is any representation of Buffalo this part of the site slants more Republican/conservative imo.  However I’d imagine people in general who are football fans may lean conservative.  

This part of TBD is a long ways from representative of Buffalo. 

12 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The city, yes.  The balance of Erie County and surrounding counties I would guess still lean Republican and/or Conservative.  Just like the City of Rochester is very liberal and the congressional seat that serves the majority of it has been occupied by liberals such as the late Louise Slaughter.  

Edited by RochesterRob

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

This part of TBD is a long ways from representative of Buffalo. 

Which is very sad.  Liberals are supposed to be progressive but Buffalo in many ways is anything but progressive.  Unless you want to make this 100 percent about personal choice.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I agree, it does seem a little high for Buffalo.

Even when you click on the original Forbes article, it doesn't explain how they reach their rankings.

I would like to know how they arrived at that conclusion as well.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

With the exception of those fans of the commie pinko crybaby cheating phussys that made a deal with the devil a couple of days ago.   

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Even when you click on the original Forbes article, it doesn't explain how they reach their rankings.

Which is dumb on their part.  Chicago deserves to be on that list, high on the list. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

From 2015... no Chicago,  Austin,  NYC only one spot above Buffalo - even with Staten Island (an R stronghold) the other four boroughs are pretty darn liberal... and populated? Weird rankings. 

From the original article: (there isn't a link to the Economist article or the MIT study)

New York City may be less liberal than you thought.  

At least according to The Economist, which pulled data from an MIT study on how city governments reflect their constituents’ politics to produce a ranking of cities with populations of over 250,000. As The Economist asked (quite British-ly), “Would people expect Washington, DC, to come second, ahead of Seattle (where it is legal to smoke pot) or the Democratic stronghold of Boston?”

As several articles have pointed out, though, the real takeaway was first called out by the PEW Research Center and then elaborated on by Vox: the most conservative cities are skewed toward being more liberal than one might expect. The how-much-wood-could-a-woodchuck-chuck way to say this is: the most conservative cities are not as conservative as the most liberal cities are liberal. 

This is what the original Forbes article said about Buffalo:

Buffalo refers to itself as the “City of Light” both because of the plentiful hydroelectric power made possible by nearby Niagara Falls and because it was the first city in America to have electric street lights. The region’s largest economic sectors are health care and education, their growth maintained, in part, by major expansions of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and The University at Buffalo.