The AAF Thread

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Go ahead- what’s the more fun alternative that doesn’t increase risk?

There are 4-5 ideas i can think of off the top of my head.  The biggest thing is that they don't want high speed collisions.  So, implement a kickoff that doesn't allow for them.  Just 1 idea would be to put plays at different parts of the field, some even in opponents territory, but just not allow them to run and tackle until the ball is caught by the return team.  That's just 1.  You just have to get creative.  It can be done.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bills2ref said:

I like it a lot. The kickoff is just a fluff play now. As I said earlier, 5 out of 970 kickoffs went for a TD. 

It's tradition.  I'm still pissed off at the MLB for allowing an intentional walk without making the picture throw four balls.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It's tradition.  I'm still pissed off at the MLB for allowing an intentional walk without making the picture throw four balls.

I'm conflicted.

Feel the percentage for a positive play on a kickoff, i.e.: greater than the 25 yard line or a TD, is outweighed by a the potential for a negative play.  With the change in kickoff rules in the NFL, they've neutered the kick return team so it's almost moot.

Just now, wppete said:

That was an impressive first half. Not perfect, not elite like the NFL but I’m impressed. I was expecting a disaster.

Me too. I was expecting XFL inaugarual disaster. It has not been close to that. Impressive inaugural weekend. If they keep this up all season I can see it having a chance at lasting. Looks like they even got a decent crowd. Knowing San Antonio (lived there for a few years) it is the perfect market for this. San Antonio is something like the 5th largest city in the country, and it has ONE professional sports team from the big 5 (NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, NHL). They are desperate and deserving of another sport to cheer on. The evidence lies in the San Antonio Rampage. Always a good crowd in an area, the south, that isn’t historically supporting of NHL or AHL franchises. 

• Like (+1) 1