Any word on Jordan Phillips New Contract offer

RPbillsfan

Different situations.  Zo, at 35,  knows he only had 1 year left in him and opted to stay here as a C and team leader.  Same D as last 2 years too.  

Jordan Philips is 26 and looking to get a multi-year deal to set him up for life.  Do the Ozzie Newsome thing - tell him to hit FA and bring back his best deal on the street to OBD and then the Bills will decide to match or not. 

IMHO he won't generate a ton of interest and the 2 sides will meet on common ground here.   I doubt we have made any offers to date.  

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 3

He wasn't here that long.  There really isn't much incentive for him to hang around other than the possibility of a big pay day.  If he isn't getting it now, there really is no reason for him not to test free agency.  Odds are he will get a handsome offer.  I'd be surprised if Beane commits to a big pay day for him.  

I'd love to have Phillips back, but its a bit of a long shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Not sure how you expect any of us to have this information.

Well there are people who follow the team really close and post news breaking articles a few minutes after they are released.  So maybe that’s why.

Most of use are speculating or guessing, but that’s why these kind of forums are for

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Different situations.  Zo, at 35,  knows he only had 1 year left in him and opted to stay here as a C and team leader.  Same D as last 2 years too.  

Jordan Philips is 26 and looking to get a multi-year deal to set him up for life.  Do the Ozzie Newsome thing - tell him to hit FA and bring back his best deal on the street to OBD and then the Bills will decide to match or not. 

IMHO he won't generate a ton of interest and the 2 sides will meet on common ground here.   I doubt we have made any offers to date.  

This is my thinking as well.  My guess is that the Bills made him a modest offer and he wants to see if he can do better on the FA market

57 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Not sure how you expect any of us to have this information.

Yep. We banned every poster claiming to be ‘inside’..

24 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Teams can't talk to other teams FAs until March 11th.

Plenty of time for the Bills and Phillips agent to get something done.

and on this note..

• Thank you (+1) 2