Dee Ford Discusses Offside Penalty and Perspective

Gugny

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You are full of BS, i read the entire link

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25851800/dee-ford-credits-kansas-city-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-helping-process-offside-penalty-afc-championship-game

all the way down to the next story re ADam Vinateria so your little diatribe and sanctimonious self-righteous lecture is wrong.   No mention of fake quotes.  

I'll give you a hint.  The fake quote wasn't in the espn piece......

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25851800/dee-ford-credits-kansas-city-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-helping-process-offside-penalty-afc-championship-game

all the way down to the next story re ADam Vinateria so your little diatribe and sanctimonious self-righteous lecture is wrong.   No mention of fake quotes.  

ummm...

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I feel like the flag came out late, but how could Brady NOT have known it was going to be called?  The point you're making (at least the point I think you're trying to make) is valid, IMO.  If Brady didn't see him clearly lined up over the line, he likely would not have thrown the INT.  He never gets called for intentional grounding, anyway, so my guess is the play is either entirely different, or he just throws the ball in the dirt.

There is no way Brady could possibly or physically see him lineup off sides unless hes lined up with the line. And the fact that the penally was even called is complete garbage. If a Patriots player was lined up 4" off sides they wouldn't just let it go. League's a joke. While they're fining NRC 26k, have those 2 refs been fired yet?

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There is no way Brady could possibly or physically see him lineup off sides unless hes lined up with the line. And the fact that the penally was even called is complete garbage. If a Patriots player was lined up 4" off sides they wouldn't just let it go. League's a joke. While they're fining NRC 26k, have those 2 refs been fired yet?

He was egregiously over the line.  That's called 100/100 times against any team.

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He was egregiously over the line.  That's called 100/100 times against any team.

Nantz started to say a flag was on the field at the snap but other action took over

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Reid said: "don't worry about it!  I sat on the sidelines watching you guys gasping for air as NE gashed you all the way down the field....and I refused to call a TO, because that's what I do in the playoffs!  Kid, don't worry about it.  Look at it this way:  you're never going to win another playoff game with me as HC--we were doomed at the FIRST coin flip of the game.  Feel the relief!"

I remember an article by Bill Simmons where they said they should treat Andy Reid like an ace starter in baseball.  Have him give you 55 minutes of great work and then have somebody relieve him for the rest of regulation as he gets a standing ovation from the crowd walking to the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Dee Ford talks about the penalty, how Andy Reid helped make him feel better and putting the penalty/game in perspective.

Aprsrantly Reid felt Sutton should have been 5 inches better.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This is so crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I remember an article by Bill Simmons where they said they should treat Andy Reid like an ace starter in baseball.  Have him give you 55 minutes of great work and then have somebody relieve him for the rest of regulation as he gets a standing ovation from the crowd walking to the locker room.

Just need to bring in Eck to close things out, although Tom Brady is the eternal Kirk Gibson.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I feel like the flag came out late, but how could Brady NOT have known it was going to be called?  The point you're making (at least the point I think you're trying to make) is valid, IMO.  If Brady didn't see him clearly lined up over the line, he likely would not have thrown the INT.  He never gets called for intentional grounding, anyway, so my guess is the play is either entirely different, or he just throws the ball in the dirt.

The flag came out right after the snap. You can clearly see it being thrown.

Edited by jkx2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/26/2019 at 11:58 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not sure how that article left out the fake quotes ...