Have you ever been arrested?

Have you ever been arrested?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been arrested?

• Yes
    • No

ALMOST.

Some 10 years or so ago. Buffalo PD. We were pulled over, tons of drinks in the car. Cuffed, put in back of car.. couple of the girls we were with spent some time alone with the cop.

Mysteriously, the cop came back and let us all go. They kept the alcohol they found. Wasn't all of it.

To this day, I've no idea what went on. I was quite wasted at the time.

-Jeff

I knew it was BS, so I hired an attorney and went to trial. It was through my attorney questioning the cop and the mechanic that it came out that -OOPS- the reefer came form the other car brought in that morning. 

That's what I hate. Them realizing they got the story wrong AFTER you paid big $$$ for an attorney.

Yes..Here is my story -

It was about 12-13 years ago - I was just married..I took my wife to her morning gig..She worked at a small market/gas station - 6 AM - whatever..

Anyways..

I was driving back, it was just becoming daylight and I was on Grand Island....I saw a cop coming from about a mile away ...Very easy to spot since there was no traffic and Grand Island Blvd is flat as can be...ANYWAYS>.

I was going UNDER the speed limit..I know this for a FACT..I checked it as soon as I saw him and then again as he passed me...

He pulled me over about 1 minute later...He was a Erie County Sheriff...Long story short, HE WAS A FREAKING PRICK FOR NO REASON..

I have only been pulled over one other time in my life about 6 months before this...It was for having tinted windows on the same car I had during this same traffic stop...

An Amherst cop ( very nice BTW ) pulled me over, tested my windows and found they were too dark..No biggie...I had a ticket stating that if I had the tint removed within I think 72 hours and the shop sign the ticket, the charge( fine ) would be dropped....

I had that done, sent the ticket in, end of story ..Right?? NOPE...

Back to the traffic stop on Grand Island..

This part is funny - Because I took my wife into work and was planning on going back to bed I had on UGLY ass JAMS ( remember those ? ) .. no shirt, a bills jacket , and NO SHOES OR SOCKS..

Guess what?

I still had a ticket in the system from months before for the stupid tinted windows that the damn sheriff saw I didn't have anymore...THe fine was only like $50.00, which again I didn't have to pay as long as I had the tint removed ( which I did)...

HE ARRESTED ME!

Yes....ARRESTED...

He JOKED on the radio with his supervisor about it while I was in the back of the cruiser...

He took me down to Erie County Holding dressed like a male prostitute...

He also wrote me a ticket for going 21 over the speed limit....And he treated me like a CRIMINAL PUNK the entire time...

I was held for about 5 hours, in a god da*n cell, roughed up by some "gang-like" members...Pushed, shoved, and slapped in the head....

I ended up having to take driving lessons, pay much more expensive auto insurance, I had to go to court twice, and pay a few hundred dollars in fines...

The speeding ticket was a *TOTAL* fabrication.....

It was one of the worst experiences in my life and I surely hope he was the first person to lose his job due to budget cuts...He really got off on this, but hopefully I have the last laugh..

Yes..Here is my story -

It was about 12-13 years ago - I was just married..I took my wife to her morning gig..She worked at a small market/gas station - 6 AM - whatever..

Anyways..

I was driving back, it was just becoming daylight and I was on Grand Island....I saw a cop coming from about a mile away ...Very easy to spot since there was no traffic and Grand Island Blvd is flat as can be...ANYWAYS>.

I was going UNDER the speed limit..I know this for a FACT..I checked it as soon as I saw him and then again as he passed me...

He pulled me over about 1 minute later...He was a Erie County Sheriff...Long story short, HE WAS A FREAKING PRICK FOR NO REASON..

I have only been pulled over one other time in my life about 6 months before this...It was for having tinted windows on the same car I had during this same traffic stop...

An Amherst cop ( very nice BTW ) pulled me over, tested my windows and found they were too dark..No biggie...I had a ticket stating that if I had the tint removed within I think 72 hours and the shop sign the ticket, the charge( fine ) would be dropped....

This part is funny -  Because I took my wife into work and was planning on going back to bed I had on UGLY ass JAMS ( remember those ? ) .. no shirt, a bills jacket , and NO SHOES OR SOCKS..

Guess what?

I still had a ticket in the system from months before for the stupid tinted windows that the damn sheriff saw I didn't have anymore...THe fine was only like $50.00, which again I didn't have to pay as long as I had the tint removed ( which I did)...

HE ARRESTED ME!

Yes....ARRESTED...

He JOKED on the radio with his supervisor about it while I was in the back of the cruiser...

He also wrote me a ticket for going 21 over the speed limit....And he treated me like a CRIMINAL PUNK the entire time...

I was held for about 5 hours, in a god da*n cell, roughed up by some "gang-like" members...Pushed, shoved, and slapped in the head....

I ended up having to take driving lessons, pay much more expensive auto insurance, I had to go to court twice, and pay a few hundred dollars in fines...

It was one of the worst experiences in my life and I surely hope he was the first person to lose his job due to budget cuts...He really got off on this, but hopefully I have the last laugh..

289098[/snapback]

Wow that was really really really crappy. My crappy cop story is not so dramatic as that story but this cop was a real dork. It was Christmas eve just after work. I was rushing home so we could go to the in-laws for Christmas eve dinner. On the freeway right at my exit I take to go home this cop pulls me over for speeding about 11 miles over the speed limit. I ask for break since it's Christmas eve and I just want to get home for Christmas. Nope, he wrote the ticket. Talk about the grinch !

My neighbor growing up was the typical storybook pr!ck. He would take the baseball, football, whiffleball that landed in his yard. Always yelling at me and my friends for breathing his air. A real old bastage.

One day when I was 13, I came home from school to see my other neighbor shoveling my driveway. I asked her (60 year old lady) what she was doing. It turns out that her boyfriend had plowed our driveway, but the old bastage came out and shoveled the snow back into the driveway. He claimed that it would melt and run into his basement. She caught him doing it and cursed him back indoors.

That night, I got out my trusty Crossman and put one into each one of his basement windows. That way some water would definitely get into his precious basement.

A week later, a cop came into my dad's store where I was working. He read me my rights and asked me if I had done this crime. I lied and lied and lied. Then I lied some more. My dad was watching the whole time. Later that week, the juvenile officer (my friend's dad) came by the house and questioned me some more. I stone walled him, too. He showed me some forensic evidence (the BBs found at the scene matched the BBs in my gun). I pointed out that there were only two BB manufacturers in the US at the time, so there was a 50-50 chance anyway. They said that the BBs came from our driveway and that he knew about the disagreements we've had with the neighbor. Motive, means, opportunity. Slam dunk, right? I kept up the Sitting Bull routine, and nothing ever came of it.

Cut to my folks living room 9 years later in another town. My dad says, "I read in the hometown paper that so-and-so (the bastage neighbor) died." I look at my dad and said, "Yeah? Good." He cocks his head sideways and asks, "Did you shoot out those windows?" A smile creeps across my face, "You're goddamn right, I did." Dad says, "Okay. I won't tell your mother."

Questioned? Yes. Arrested? No. Convicted? No.

My neighbor growing up was the typical storybook pr!ck.  He would take the baseball, football, whiffleball that landed in his yard.  Always yelling at me and my friends for breathing his air.  A real old bastage.

One day when I was 13, I came home from school to see my other neighbor shoveling my driveway. I asked her (60 year old lady) what she was doing.  It turns out that her boyfriend had plowed our driveway, but the old bastage came out and shoveled the snow back into the driveway.  He claimed that it would melt and run into his basement.  She caught him doing it and cursed him back indoors.

That night, I got out my trusty Crossman and put one into each one of his basement windows.  That way some water would definitely get into his precious basement.

A week later, a cop came into my dad's store where I was working.  He read me my rights and asked me if I had done this crime.  I lied and lied and lied.  Then I lied some more.  My dad was watching the whole time.  Later that week, the juvenile officer (my friend's dad) came by the house and questioned me some more.  I stone walled him, too.  He showed me some forensic evidence (the BBs found at the scene matched the BBs in my gun).  I pointed out that there were only two BB manufacturers in the US at the time, so there was a 50-50 chance anyway.  They said that the BBs came from our driveway and that he knew about the disagreements we've had with the neighbor.  Motive, means, opportunity.  Slam dunk, right?  I kept up the Sitting Bull routine, and nothing ever came of it.

Cut to my folks living room 9 years later in another town.  My dad says, "I read in the hometown paper that so-and-so (the bastage neighbor) died."  I look at my dad and said, "Yeah?  Good."  He cocks his head sideways and asks, "Did you shoot out those windows?"  A smile creeps across my face, "You're goddamn right, I did."  Dad says, "Okay.  I won't tell your mother."

Questioned?  Yes.  Arrested?  No.  Convicted?  No.

289153[/snapback]

Beautiful.

I loved the forensics part. The BB's matched. That's funny.

"I pointed out that there were only two BB manufacturers in the US at the time, so there was a 50-50 chance anyway."

Was it a half-pint milk carton of Crossman BB's?

289243[/snapback]

Bingo.

That you, Officer Joe?

Closest I came was on the Peace Bridge on a weekend night coming back from the Canadian Ballet. They were checking ALL drivers and I had 3-4 beers over the course of the night. The cop asks me to say the alphabet. I paused at about Q to take a breath when the cop asks why I stopped. Before I could say anything, my friend in the back seat says "He stutters real bad". The cop lets us go aand he is standing at my back bumper while I am waiting to go onto the thruway.

I had a Geo Metro and my window was still open- probably 5 -6 ft from the window to the cop. My friend then says "Boy I saved your ass!" very loudly. Other friends were saying STFU under their voices to him. Luckily, the cop didn't come back to the car. My friends had to talk me out of leaving the loudmouth friend on Busti Ave at 1 AM.

I was with my high school girlfriend at a store in the mall, I was her lookout while she was stealing, needless to say, I didn't do a very good job, we broke up soon after but we will forever have that on our records since we were over the age. Idiots. we had a great lawyer, that reduced our fine to 200 dollars.

oh and fighting, but I wasn't charged.

Yep. Many times but they always got dropped before they went to booking phase except once.

I used to work in the pub at UB, cleaning mostly but other jobs as well, some I got a bit of a "reputation" for joining fights mostly pulling people off but occasionally being hit and hitting back. I had a bit of a temper those days and since I barely felt it when I was getting hit (I can feel all of the hits now!) I rarely learned to keep out. Campus police were VERY aware of me but in each and every time someone would say I was just breaking up the fight.

I worked the Monte Carlo night as a dealer and one drunk backhanded me and knocked over my glasses. I heard glass breaking, thought my glasses were broken costing me $200 I did not have and overreacted. A minute later the drunks friends are holding us apart and he is telling his friend to let him go. They say something to the effect "Yo u friggin' moron, we are holding you back to prevent you from getting killed which is why there are THREE of us holding HIM back. Neither of us are ready to drop it so they gang drag the two of us outside. Campus police show up and he says "That jerk attacked me, he attacked me unprovoked. Tell these idiots to let me go." The campus police deadpans "Right. I'll give you two choices - one, go back to your dorm quietly or two we and your friends go away and we come back and pick you up off the ground and decide if we need arrest Glenn here afterwards. Your choice." He still seems ready fight but his pals are shaking their heads 'No.' and saying things like "Don't get yourself killed idiot." and finally he consented to go back to his dorm. I found my glasses after cleanup and spent an hour being lectured by cops but no trip in squad car.

Fast forward several years later. I was living off campus and they were shutting down student union to create a dental school. I was in that student union almost every weekend, all weekend, and it was decided that since we paid for the student union with our dues they had no right to take it away were going to have a peaceful protest and sit in. Nobody left the student union in days and the university decides to finally send campus police in with regular police as backup. They warn us several times that anyone remaining will be arrested with about a quarter of the people remaining.

At that time we hear that cops are coming in to arrest people and I heard comments about "dirty pigs" and such. I talk down any such comments saying the campus police are not our enemies, the campus government are and the police I know support our cause but have no choice in matter for they can not decide who to arrest and if they didn't arrest us the regular cops would.

The cops come into the student union room we are staying in and two cops point at me and say when it is HIS time, he comes with us. We are photographed one by one with cops (witnessed) and given papers to sign saying that if we do not get arrested within a year all charges would be dropped and our records would have be expunged as if it never happened otherwise we would be sent to Buffalo courthouse to be booked. When it came to my turn I put my arms on shoulders of two cops and smile at camera with them trying to keep a straight face. It was the two cops from night of Monte Carlo "fight".

Arrested, charged but charges were dismissed, no conviction.

I'll answer this from my perspective when I was 19.....I dunno. Honestly, I think it was my the thrill of reaching out my window and grabbing it than actually wanting the cone. Although, I imagine  :) that construction equipment, signs, flashing lights, cones, etc, would make some cool decorations for a 19 year old.

288839[/snapback]

I have one of those. My daughter stole it. :blink:

That's what I hate. Them realizing they got the story wrong AFTER you paid big $$$ for an attorney.

289091[/snapback]

It didn't cost me anything, the attorney owed me three grand for some coke I fronted him. :blink:

Just kidding...

But I swear on my mother's grave this part is true - my attorney's name was Woody Crook. His partner's last name was Chase, they were Crook and Chase, Attorneys at Law. Maybe it's just me, but I still laugh when I think about that name!

I have one of those. My daughter stole it.  :blink:

289415[/snapback]

Several years ago we went just across the state line into Michigan and saw a movie. It was the middle of winter and we had a car load of people and a truck with a couple people in it as well. Now having been through this area several times (you have to take the interstate up there) we had noticed that there were several road barrels blocking off an exit on the way back into Indiana. Well Those of us in the car played lookout and Rudy and another friend jacked the road barrel. They threw it in the back of this guys truck and we all took off. Well the trouble was, there was nothing to conceal the barrel and Rudy was forced to lay on top of it for about 15 miles with no coat on int he middle of winter.

Ask him how cold it was when we come to the opener. It was very funny.

We eventually spray painted a bunch of obscenities on it and threw it in the front yard of the vice principal of the high school.

Good times, good times.

289098[/snapback]

No lawsuit... I'd be pissed and stop short at nothing.

No lawsuit... I'd be pissed and stop short at nothing.

289502[/snapback]

Problem is the Sheriff treated me poorly and was really just being a hot dog prick, but he was within his juristiction legally by detaining me and then "taking me in" , handcuffs and all..

The call was totally HIS. He could of just let me off with a warning to take care of the $50.00 ticket, but obviously he was bored and had to find someone smaller than him to push around.

He cuffed me, had my car towed ( $125.00 - towed a total of 1/8th of a mile from arrest spot ), he took me to the little sheriff station on the island to do paperwork, then put me back into the cruiser, took me downtown, had me booked, processed, fingerprints, photo, strip, thrown in cage with 5-6 punk thugs in the same gang ( I think), made a call and got bailed for like $100.00 later that morning..

On top of everything I had to walk 3 city blocks BAREFOOT to my family members car....

Yes, it sucked...

The whole ordeal from start to finish cost me about $600.00 + insurance boost at the time.

Sad...Sad that some people in society abuse thier "power"...

If yes....tell what for. And no embellishing allowed!

Since, I am starting this thread...I will go first.

No - and after almost 10 years on the UB campus - I attribute it to knowing all the Campus Security dudes and helping them as much as they helped us - after 5 years in the dorms (never as a RA) - the police and some of the dorm veterans took care of the scumbags - quietly. I still can't believe what some guys did to girls and vice-versa - mostly guys though. But that was back in the '70's :)

Anyway - the time I almost got arrested was in Charlotte (RaChaCha) back in the early 80's at one of the Sailfest weekends. I was there with wife, baby child and MIL - a hot day - very crowded. Charlotte was one of my old neighborhoods. The women were off resting in the shade and I went yonder - to the port-o-lets. In front of me broke out a brawl because an old man (lived in neighborhood) got pissed at some punk pissing in his yard (not - port-o-let). A 2x4 was in the old man's hands and he was trying to giving the punk an adjustment. The punk had friends and the 2x4 changed hands as I happened across the scene. Now, I'm not fond of seeing old men get their ass whooped - so - I took the 2x4 away from the punk - just as the RPD mounted team showed up. Horses cut a wide swath. The old man decided since I now held possession of the 2x4 - I was the butthead of the moment. There was mass confusion and many people swarming - but some, little black dude (who was paying attention) said to me 'get out of here' - which I did and tried to dig a very small hole afterwards. The mounted police searched the area thoroughly but I hid behind the MIL who could scare away - well you figure it out -

I have never broken a fight up since - if it was "even" :blink:

Yeah twice

Once for tagging on a van. No charges were pressed , and once for public intoxication/ public urination urinating on a police vehicle. (Not that the cops caught me but I was 15 and didn't know at the time cop cars had video cameras on them :blink: )

never spent any time in prison but was brought into the station where I just sat till they let me go. Nothing on my record.

Yes..Here is my story -

Anyways..

This part is funny -  Because I took my wife into work and was planning on going back to bed I had on UGLY ass JAMS ( remember those ? ) .. no shirt, a bills jacket , and NO SHOES OR SOCKS..

Guess what?

HE ARRESTED ME!

Yes....ARRESTED...

289098[/snapback]

Just reading through this thread. I noticed you had NO shoes?

I am pretty sure that you HAVE to be wearing shoes while driving? Can anybody varify this? I always thought they could ticket you alone for this?

Anyway, seems like you got a raw deal!

Probably taught you a lesson, never go out in public dressed like that? Had to suck?... For some reason I hear my mother preaching to me! :):D

BTW... I have NEVER been arrested. In 20 years of driving, got two tickets.

:blink:

My neighbor growing up was the typical storybook pr!ck.  He would take the baseball, football, whiffleball that landed in his yard.  Always yelling at me and my friends for breathing his air.  A real old bastage.

One day when I was 13, I came home from school to see my other neighbor shoveling my driveway. I asked her (60 year old lady) what she was doing.  It turns out that her boyfriend had plowed our driveway, but the old bastage came out and shoveled the snow back into the driveway.  He claimed that it would melt and run into his basement.  She caught him doing it and cursed him back indoors.

That night, I got out my trusty Crossman and put one into each one of his basement windows.  That way some water would definitely get into his precious basement.

A week later, a cop came into my dad's store where I was working.  He read me my rights and asked me if I had done this crime.  I lied and lied and lied.  Then I lied some more.  My dad was watching the whole time.  Later that week, the juvenile officer (my friend's dad) came by the house and questioned me some more.  I stone walled him, too.  He showed me some forensic evidence (the BBs found at the scene matched the BBs in my gun).  I pointed out that there were only two BB manufacturers in the US at the time, so there was a 50-50 chance anyway.  They said that the BBs came from our driveway and that he knew about the disagreements we've had with the neighbor.  Motive, means, opportunity.  Slam dunk, right?  I kept up the Sitting Bull routine, and nothing ever came of it.

Cut to my folks living room 9 years later in another town.  My dad says, "I read in the hometown paper that so-and-so (the bastage neighbor) died."  I look at my dad and said, "Yeah?  Good."  He cocks his head sideways and asks, "Did you shoot out those windows?"  A smile creeps across my face, "You're goddamn right, I did."  Dad says, "Okay.  I won't tell your mother."

Questioned?  Yes.  Arrested?  No.  Convicted?  No.

289153[/snapback]

Awesome!

"Sitting Bull Routine".....LMFAO

The mounted police searched the area thoroughly but I hid behind the MIL who could scare away - well you figure it out -

I have never broken a fight up since - if it was "even"  :doh:

289504[/snapback]

How big is your MIL that you could hide behind her? 7'? Or did you mean figuratively? :)

For the record, no.

I got a ticket for a headlight being out on my car once.  Pretty dull isn't it.

289578[/snapback]

I knew you were nothing but trouble from the first post I saw of yours, but never imagined you'd be that bad.... :doh: