1. 1. Have you ever been arrested?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving from Windham to Binghamton (pick up my college roommate) to Rochester for my second year of college. Was being driven by a friend in his parent's van. Drove through the night. Got sleepy from all the beer we were drinking. To pick up our energy, we started pulling off the road and sticking road signs in the van...you know...to decorate the dorm room.

Pulled over about 3 a.m. to take a leak, cop comes up behind us just outside Waterloo. Makes us open the back doors. We had about five road signs and a Century 21 For Sale post we pulled out of someone's front yard.

Got charged with petty larceny and open container.

In the town of Waterloo, the penalty for petty larceny was $25, made payable to the judge while sitting on his front porch. Open container cost us $35.

Freakin' Waterloo.

288862[/snapback]

Be glad you weren't pulled over in Binghamton. Fuggin Binghamton! That would have been trouble.

But I had a worse experience. My mother caught me sneaking out of the house after midnight when I was 15. Couldn't sit down for a week!

Was you inability to sit caused by the punishment or the fact you were still successful in sneaking out ? :doh:<_<

Twice actually (College years). First time was on a road trip to Oswego, NY. Great party town but couldn't find any parking in the student lot, so in my collegiate cleverness I peeled off an Oswego parking sticker from a student's car and placed it on mine. Silly Rabbit, Campus police all over that trick and the next day as I was about to leave I notice my car had been towed. Total fiasco but I get out of it with a minor fine. Second time, in Geneva, NY coming from a local bar, cold as heck with about three loud Fraternity Brothers. I chew tobacco so instead of exposing my face to the frigid weather I pick up an empty bottle (yes beer bottle) and spit into it...next thing I hear is whoop whoop the sound of the police and the took me away for having an empty container. Another fiasco but they let me go after 30 minutes once they see the evidence. <_< Thank God for Copenhagen.

Twice actually (College years). First time was on a road trip to Oswego, NY. Great party town but couldn't find any parking in the student lot, so in my collegiate cleverness I peeled off an Oswego parking sticker from a student's car and placed it on mine. Silly Rabbit, Campus police all over that trick and the next day as I was about to leave I notice my car had been towed. Total fiasco but I get out of it with a minor fine. Second time, in Geneva, NY coming from a local bar, cold as heck with about three loud Fraternity Brothers. I chew tobacco so instead of exposing my face to the frigid weather I pick up an empty bottle (yes beer bottle) and spit into it...next thing I here is whoop whoop the sound of the police and the took me away for having an empty container. Another fiasco but they let me go after 30 minutes once they see the evidence.  <_<  Thank God for Copenhagen.

288929[/snapback]

How's Cambodia doing nowadays?

Underage Drinking.

288928[/snapback]

reminds me of a funny story. I was 20. I worked late and went to a party, had one beer and met a girl(she was 19). She didnt have any cigs and I suggested we walked to the store and grab a pack(the store was not that far away). I suggested a walk because it was along the beach and I wanted to hook up. Anyways we are walking, we are all over each other and a police car shows up and turns on his lights. Small town cop and big time !@#$(this cop has since been kicked off the force)- the guy calls for backup and arrest me and the girl for weewee- walking while intoxicated(even though we were not intoxicated). We got taken down to the station, served a ticket. The cop was a douche. Anyways I called for a ride, went back to the party and hooked up with the girl for the night. We ended up going out 4 years. Anyways our small town paper runs the police blotter which most everyone reads. What did that POS cop put in the blotter? Peter and Lindsay were arrested for being a pedestrian under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol which renders teh pedestrian hazardous to oncoming traffic. Classic. My friends had us sign the blotter- it was comedy. Fug you Don Lanuette!

reminds me of a funny story.  I was 20.  I worked late and went to a party, had one beer and met a girl(she was 19).  She didnt have any cigs and I suggested we walked to the store and grab a pack(the store was not that far away).  I suggested a walk because it was along the beach and I wanted to hook up.  Anyways we are walking, we are all over each other and a police car shows up and turns on his lights.  Small town cop and big time !@#$(this cop has since been kicked off the force)- the guy calls for backup and arrest me and the girl for weewee- walking while intoxicated(even though we were not intoxicated).  We got taken down to the station, served a ticket.  The cop was a douche.  Anyways I called for a ride, went back to the party and hooked up with the girl for the night.  We ended up going out 4 years.  Anyways our small town paper runs the police blotter which most everyone reads.  What did that POS cop put in the blotter?  Peter and Lindsay were arrested for being a pedestrian under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol which renders teh pedestrian hazardous to oncoming traffic.  Classic.  My friends had us sign the blotter- it was comedy.  Fug you Don Lanuette!

288942[/snapback]

The night I was arrested went from being one of the best in my life to one of the worst.

I was in serious peril of having a major hookup occur. Had good beer (St. Pauli, loved it at the time) and three girls visiting school. All of them were randy types. Anyway, we'd been drinking for a few hours and went out to a party. On the walk, we were still drinking the Paulis when this donut-eater pulled up. It was like a cartoon, everyone in my group took off, but I was too drunk to react quickly.

This ahole took me to the York city PD headquarters where he stole my beer and threw me in the drunk tank with some creepy toothless hookers.

I'll never forgive that bastard cop for stealing my beer.

The night I was arrested went from being one of the best in my life to one of the worst.

I was in serious peril of having a major hookup occur. Had good beer (St. Pauli, loved it at the time) and three girls visiting school. All of them were randy types. Anyway, we'd been drinking for a few hours and went out to a party. On the walk, we were still drinking the Paulis when this donut-eater pulled up. It was like a cartoon, everyone in my group took off, but I was too drunk to react quickly.

This ahole took me to the York city PD headquarters where he stole my beer and threw me in the drunk tank with some creepy toothless hookers.

I'll never forgive that bastard cop for stealing my beer.

288948[/snapback]

"Toothless Hookers" :doh:

<_<

my friend and i got "arrested" by some overzealous campus police for stagediving when the ramones came to temple u. back in 1985. they didn't know what the hell was going on, so they just swooped in and cuffed everyone that did it...3 or 4 of us i guess it was..then they drove us across campus to their little police station and just let us go. much ado about nothing on their part.

Arrested, yes. Convicted, nope!

After a 16-hour day at work about 8 years ago, I fell asleep at the wheel about a 1/4 mile from home and drove into a ditch (back then I had an hour commute each way) .

Anyway, my roommate's family owned a Ford dealership, so I had them send their wrecker out to get the car the following morning and arranged a for rental.

The body shop had a another car brought in that morning, and one of their mechanics found weed in it. He reported it to his boss, who called the cops. The boss misunderstood which car it was found in, and I was charged with possession.

I knew it was BS, so I hired an attorney and went to trial. It was through my attorney questioning the cop and the mechanic that it came out that -OOPS- the reefer came form the other car brought in that morning. <_<

The charges were dropped by the judge immediately.

That was you?! With the overdue books?!

288842[/snapback]

BOOKMAN: Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says "New York Public Library"? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. Y'got seven days, Seinfeld. That is one week!