Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating

Sean McDermott’s Current Approval Rating  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Approve Sean McDermott As Bills HC?

• Yes, I approve
    • No, I don’t approve

Too many “in the know” people love the job McD is doing for it to be a real question at this point, but he still has a lot to prove. Is he really ultra-conservative, or has he simply been playing the odds with inferior offensive talent? Will his game day management improve? There’s no question he has players believing and playing hard, and next year It appears he will have much more talent to work with (including, hopefully, a legitimate franchise QB).

2019 is a huge year for McD. For the first time as a HC he will go into a regular season with a lot of outside expectations. 

9 minutes ago, eball said:

2019 is a huge year for McD. For the first time as a HC he will go into a regular season with a lot of outside expectations

I'm nervous about us saying the exact same tune next year. Just can't see the talent improving in a year to the point we can say that McD was finally given his arsenal. Which is why my issue is more with Beane. I'm fine if we show improvement. But if we're still bad to the point where we have to rake everybody but JA and McDermott to the coals to justify this regime than something ain't right and Beane's got to speed the process the heck up.

Can't have it both ways. We often give extra credit to our players' performances by saying everybody else sucks. And for some reason think that's a good thing.

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'm nervous about us saying the exact same tune next year. Just can't see the talent improving in a year to the point we can say that McD was finally given his arsenal. Which is why my issue is more with Beane. I'm fine if we show improvement. But if we're still bad to the point where we have to rake everybody but JA and McDermott to the coals to justify this regime than something ain't right and Beane's got to speed the process the heck up.

Can't have it both ways. We often give extra credit to our players' performances by saying everybody else sucks. And for some reason think that's a good thing.

I don’t really understood what you’re saying. The Bills have gone 15-18 under McD with a subpar roster. Sure the talent could and should improve enough this offseason for him to be rightfully judged next year.

7 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Okaaay. But we're evaluating a head coach then we should care if he screwed up as much as he did no? Hue Jackson got several 1st the response by management shouldn't be "who cares we got a greaaat pick"

I'm okay with sticking with McD for his defensive ability.. in the secondary. He seems to be a good motivator which I think is a coach's most important attribute. And I don't really see any available coaches that strike me.. but he has his faults leading to a monumental screw up of weeks 1-8 and "who cares if we stunk it up we gotta top ten pick" is NOT how management should remember his screwups from this season lol. That's just ignoring incompetence because losing gives you literally one positive in draft position.

Thank you! People are not understanding this logic 

17 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

That's good... your all in... most of us isn't. You can't be mad at that

I think you you are missing the results of the poll or are trolling bad.  

Looks like most of us is - you can’t be mad at that.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:42 AM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Well it’s 2 seasons down and I’m curious to know your thoughts on Sean McDermott as Bills HC.  I remember that McDermott’s approval rating was sky high after making their first playoff appearance in 17 years.

But after a 6-10 year do you still trust the process?  There has been some very negative comments about McDermott by members in this forums.  

So let’s see Sean’s Approval rating as of now.

I don't vote in these things.

He still has a lot to prove, but so far he looks better than anybody has since well before the drought.

14 hours ago, QCity said:

I'm very surprised (stunned actually) to see over 90% in approval, but I think recency bias from the last game has a lot to do with that number.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a season where the Chicken Littles cried so much.

I would disagree. They're the Chicken Littles. It's who they are. It's what they do.

52 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Thank you! People are not understanding this logic 

We understand it. But we also understand that it doesn't make sense. Rebuilds are painful, especially so when at the same time you're rebuilding you're also dealing with a horrible salary cap situation. Pain and losses were to be expected this year. A lot of people didn't get that, but it was still true. Guess what the over-under was before the season. Six wins. 

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-over-under-win-totals

This was always going to be a bad year. Now they've got a healthy cap situation and are going into Beane's second draft and McDermott's third season. The roster is starting to be mostly their own players and we're starting to see guys get comfortable in the system. Next year we should see some real improvement. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2019 at 4:55 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

This team progressed as the season went on.

McD admitted KB was a mistake by cutting him.

He benched Clay late in the season/ healthy scratch. 

I watched an Offense that was capable of working if stocked with capable linemen and receivers.

He didn’t lose this team during the rough stretches.

He still has things to learn as a coach but he’s on s learning curve too.

Unless there is some crazy lockeroom revolt and he completely loses this team next season, I want him to have a minimum of 2 more years.

You have summed up my thoughts better than my brain could have. Then again, I've had 4 documented concussions so maybe both of our brains are scrambled and this point is moot. Food for thought.....

• Thank you (+1) 1