All the Bowl Games (because we already miss CFB)

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, row_33 said:

They are most valuable when unwanted company is over, game on mute while I fake interest and stare at the screen with Utah State and Miam (Ohio) squaring off

Agreed though there is Stadium-TV for classic bowl games as well.  Nothing like watching Bruce Smith or Jim Kelly play college ball.  

8 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Agreed though there is Stadium-TV for classic bowl games as well.  Nothing like watching Bruce Smith or Jim Kelly play college ball.  

Nobody cared a rip about Miami until Kosar upset Nebraska in the Orange Bowl

Amusing how they pretend it was otherwise 

• Like (+1) 1

...happened to be in Orlando for Thanksgiving one year and got caught in the traffic from The Florida Classic Bowl featuring two black colleges.....took two hours to go two miles back to the hotel...BUT.....the vehicles were beyond belief, riding on 26, 27, 28 or even bigger rims......undercarriage neon, unbelievable paint jobs and you name it......put SEMA and NAIAS to shame.....the game attracts 70,000+...............

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 10:19 PM, row_33 said:

They are most valuable when unwanted company is over, game on mute while I fake interest and stare at the screen with Utah State and Miam (Ohio) squaring off

I do not mute for unwanted company. Wanted company wants the sound.   ?

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I do not mute for unwanted company. Wanted company wants the sound.   ?

That reminds me of my college days in the early 80's. I always kept some of this in the fridge to get rid of unwanted company, it was 3 to 4 bucks a case. Cleared the place out quick.

CCI02022015_5__12564.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Can the networks stop quoting stats like “duhhhhh..... Michigan has the duhhhhh.... number one D in the country duhhh...”

50 times a game?

it doesn’t matter when 10 of those games are against The Citadel’s division

michigan, the number one D, got totally pillaged and ransacked the only two games that mattered

Missouri vs Oklahoma St was a fun game.  OSU (no, the other OSU) jumped out to a big lead but Mizzou came back and almost pulled it out late in the fourth.  

And I'm really enjoying Northwestern vs Utah.  First half was controlled bu the Utes, up 20-3 at Halftime.  But the Wildcats have just absolutely dominated the third quarter, up 31-20 at the end of the third

I'm gonna miss College Football next week :(

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Missouri vs Oklahoma St was a fun game.  OSU (no, the other OSU) jumped out to a big lead but Mizzou came back and almost pulled it out late in the fourth.  

And I'm really enjoying Northwestern vs Utah.  First half was controlled bu the Utes, up 20-3 at Halftime.  But the Wildcats have just absolutely dominated the third quarter, up 31-20 at the end of the third

I'm gonna miss College Football next week :(

That’s their M.O.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

A few to watch on tape today, UCF and tOSU games

hoping for at least one good game amongst the legit teams, zippo for three so far...

Row,

I'm curious which games today you--and everyone else--thinks might be the best of the day.

I studied the lineup and no single game jumped out as must-see TV; though New Year's Day isn't what it used to be with games being played on other days now.

I'll probably  check in with almost all of them anyway!

I'd say the game of the day will be either the Citrus Bowl or the Fiesta Bowl

Citrus Bowl

#12 Penn St offense vs #14 Kentucky Defense

Fiesta Bowl

#8 UCF trying to prove they can play with the big boys but they're missing their starting QB.  This will either be the game of the day or an #11 LSU blowout

Outback Bowl

Iowa and #18 Mississippi St are defensive teams.  This will probably be a low scoring game

Rose Bowl

#6 Ohio St is going come out on fire to make a statement about the CFP

Sugar Bowl

Glad to see #15 Texas back among the pantheon of top programs, but they're not on the same level as #5 Georgia

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Citrus Bowl

Fiesta Bowl

#8 UCF trying to prove they can play with the big boys but they're missing their starting QB.  This will either be the game of the day or an #11 LSU blowout

Outback Bowl

Iowa and #18 Mississippi St are defensive teams.  This will probably be a low scoring game

Rose Bowl

Sugar Bowl

Glad to see #15 Texas back among the pantheon of top programs, but they're not on the same level as #5 Georgia

Really kind of intrigued about all of these games.

46 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Citrus Bowl

Fiesta Bowl

Outback Bowl

Rose Bowl

Sugar Bowl

If UCF loses it has nothing to do with their QB's leg falling off.  Besides, if he were SEC caliber, he would have stronger legs.  

If LSU wins it will just prove the SEC's superiority to everything including bacon, the Grand Canyon and Thanos.

If UCF wins it will mean LSU didn't try like Auburn didn't last year.

53 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol ref's looking to help LSU in any way possible.  Celebrating a sack.  Joke.

Just checking in; I see it's 24-14 late in 2nd quarter.  Looks like UCF is hanging in there; Levy just mentioned they went up 14-3 to start!  I'm recording everything from here on out.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol ref's looking to help LSU in any way possible.  Celebrating a sack.  Joke.

Your bias slip is showing

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just checking in; I see it's 24-14 late in 2nd quarter.  Looks like UCF is hanging in there; Levy just mentioned they went up 14-3 to start!  I'm recording everything from here on out.

Good game to the half, we are so freaking owed this after the Saturday Annual Ritual Playoff Abominations and Wolverine meltdown!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.