The Trump Shutdown

17 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t think you are even remotely aware of what my point was, or what you think you are arguing.   I’m pretty comfortable with the precision of my words, though I also have the awareness that I am posting on a message board, not writing to a court.

you'll eventually figure him out....

appears to be serious as well...

:D

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t think you are even remotely aware of what my point was, or what you think you are arguing. 

Then you have done a staggeringly poor job of communicating your ideas.

Again, learn to be precise in your language.

I have broken down your posts, and the ideas you are expressing, on a line by line basis to make it easier for both you and the reader; and I approach writing with exactness in order to make my points clear.

I’m pretty comfortable with the precision of my words, though I also have the awareness that I am posting on a message board, not writing to a court.

This is absolutely tragic, because by your own account you didn't express any of the ideas you wished to articulate.

Again, these are complex subjects, and you need to be precise.  As an example, the idea of "the right to be safe" appeals to an entirely separate underlying philosophy from "the right to pursue safety". 

This is not a small distinction when speaking of rights theory and moral philosophy.

Now, if you would, please feel free to either address the body of my post; or to attempt to clarify your own positions.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

you'll eventually figure him out....

appears to be serious as well...

:D

I think most of the people in this subforum are pretty kind and have interesting insights (even to me as someone who is very liberal).  I am learning the 3 or 5 people that don't fit that mold.  

51 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I think most of the people in this subforum are pretty kind and have interesting insights (even to me as someone who is very liberal).  I am learning the 3 or 5 people that don't fit that mold.  

it's not a dismissal, most of what is written is good, it's just.... can't describe it exactly.... you aren't alone....

50 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I'm sorry I challenged your belief structure and world view with facts, and critiqued the complete lack of precision and specificity with which you tried to discuss very complex ideas which led to you communicating entirely different ideas than you set out to express; and I'm also sorry that you can't understand the difference between attacking your ideas and attacking your character.  

I also find this phrasing to be very interesting:  "and have interesting insights (even to me as someone who is very liberal)." 

Is your quest for truth generally subservient to your liberalism?  I applaud your willingness to look outside of your world view as you've articulated above, but am wondering how difficult you find it, and why.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm sorry I challenged your belief structure and world view with facts, and critiqued the complete lack of precision and specificity with which you tried to discuss very complex ideas which led to you communicating entirely different ideas than you set out to express; and I'm also sorry that you can't understand the difference between attacking your ideas and attacking your character.  

Oh boy.  I don't know where you are coming from ever, I don't think you attacked my ideas or character.  I think you constantly trying to argue things I am not talking about.  The reason my post about my beliefs was simply and vague was because it wasn't anything I was interested in arguing, it was only explained because you couldn't understand what someone means when they say "an opposite view of trump."

Look, my first post that you responded to was that I have the opposite stance on immigration that trump.  Easy to understand, right?  Here is your response: "And if your stance is the opposite of the President's, does that mean you believe unfettered human slavery, the heroin trade, child molesting and rape, and a lack of national sovereignty are good things?"   That is such a ridiculous response and will not lead to a discussion, hence why I am not interested in discussion with you.  Either you genuinely thought that, or you were being snide.  Either way, whatever.  It isn't the way to start a discussion because, obviously, I don't think that.  Next time you want to have a conversation, trying coming off less dickish.  

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I also find this phrasing to be very interesting:  "and have interesting insights (even to me as someone who is very liberal)." 

Is your quest for truth generally subservient to your liberalism?  I applaud your willingness to look outside of your world view as you've articulated above, but am wondering how difficult you find it, and why.

No it just means most people are on here are conservative, so it is nice to have fair discussions with conservatives, when the opposite may be true sometimes when you are on a message board with people that have different beliefs.  It is the only forum I am a member of.  

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

cracks in the Dem's wall are beginning to appear.

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1087846608560156675

...and now you know why one of the Democrat rule changes was to prevent a 'no confidence' vote against Pelosi.

Nasty Nancy talks (and acts) like a ***** moron, but I'll give the old B word credit: She knew she wasn't going to keep the Democrat coalition cohesive for long.

• Like (+1) 2

I see reference herein to being precise with language.  I couldn't agree more.  So when the president says he will own the shut down, one can only presume he means what he says and that he owns the shut down.  Surely the chief executive of the country can be trusted to be precise with his language.

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I see reference herein to being precise with language.  I couldn't agree more.  So when the president says he will own the shut down, one can only presume he means what he says and that he owns the shut down.  Surely the chief executive of the country can be trusted to be precise with his language.

crusader1.jpg

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

crusader1.jpg

Not sure where you're going with this.  But if words and precision matter, then the president owns the shut down.  Why?  Because that's what he said.

Now the Democrats could be more forthcoming in negotiations to be sure, but their stance is they will do so once the government is reopened.  Only one person has the power to reopen government right now, the chief executive.  And he won't do it.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not sure where you're going with this.  But if words and precision matter, then the president owns the shut down.  Why?  Because that's what he said.

Now the Democrats could be more forthcoming in negotiations to be sure, but their stance is they will do so once the government is reopened.  Only one person has the power to reopen government right now, the chief executive.  And he won't do it.

No sequiturs are awesome.  Edit, ***** that you're an idiot so you understand.

so yeah the last shut down the Democrats promise to work on things afterward and did not. They took their ball and went home like a little pussies they are Palma that's not how government works and there's no reason they can't get along now. They've been offered opportunities you're just a calloused butthurt prick who's had daddy Trump bend you over far too many times. I'm surprised your tears aren't providing better lube.

Edited by Boyst62

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No sequiturs are awesome.

Another meaningless comment.  Right now there is only one person who has the authority to open government; the chief executive.  And he won't.  That is the simple truth.  Personally I hope we vote every single member of Congress and the chief executive out of office for the crap they're putting the country through right now.  But only one person can open government right now,  and to deny that is just stupid.

Put another way, if Obama had done this over, say, health care, conservatives would have been screaming for his impeachment and removal.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Another meaningless comment.  Right now there is only one person who has the authority to open government; the chief executive.  And he won't.  That is the simple truth.  Personally I hope we vote every single member of Congress and the chief executive out of office for the crap they're putting the country through right now.  But only one person can open government right now,  and to deny that is just stupid.

Put another way, if Obama had done this over, say, health care, conservatives would have been screaming for his impeachment and removal.

Well, reread my post.  I added flavor.

And you're an idiot to not understand that Trump can't open the government without a budget. Nothing has been given to him.  Can you sit down, shut up and stop blabbering.

And obama did far worse with his health Care bull#### that doesn't even relate to this.  So, again, go away.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Well, reread my post.  I added flavor.

And you're an idiot to not understand that Trump can't open the government without a budget. Nothing has been given to him.  Can you sit down, shut up and stop blabbering.

And obama did far worse with his health Care bull#### that doesn't even relate to this.  So, again, go away.

More meaningless posting.  Trump can open the government right now by allowing the budget bills that have been passed by both chambers to go forward.  That is the reality of the situation.  You have no idea what you're talking about. 

Is it your position that any chief executive, regardless of party, can simply shut down government if he or she does not get his way?  You do understand the concept of co-equal branches of government?