The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I both agree and disagree at the same time. On the one hand no it's not Democrats fault that the President is holding the government hostage until he gets that wall the American people wants. That is not how government is suppose to work and if it becomes the new normal we're in for a world of hurt.

FIFY

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Peanuts knows peanuts... And it's twice that... Not the best, but I survived after 30 years without killing myself.  It will do.

Double that ?   With all that time off ? 

No wonder we need to shut down the govt ???

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

@BigMcD

What kind of overcompensation does one need to name themselves big?  It's silly and fun. Fun and funny. Funny and weak.

Oh well, I'll continue to ignore him and seek out intelligence and honesty while he plays like a big boy.

Maybe you don’t understand the word “ignore?” 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Double that ?   With all that time off ? 

No wonder we need to shut down the govt ???

I work 40 hours a week.  Have 27 years in. 

Starting out = 4 hours every two weeks.  After 3 years = 6 hours every two weeks.  After 15 = 8 hours every two weeks... BUT one can't carry over into next year more than 240 hours (6 weeks leave) into next leave year... UNLESS you deploy overseas or are golden tier, parachuted exec, etc... Agency rules...

I am hourly, NOT salary.  Compensation fluctuates depending on shift differential, holidays, etc... My schedule is compressed into 3 12 hour days/week and one 8 hour every two weeks, that's 80 hours.  That's use or lose leave I just take every two week.  Make 8 hours, take 8 hours, leave 6 weeks on books.

Pay is lower though...  Have to kick in 40% for health premium... But time off is nice... Especially today with both spouses working.  How else can you be independent, 500 miles away from the nearest relative and raise a family?

I am grateful...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Piece of *****!

So, you want to play dirty, eh? You are a Canadian. Drop mic, walk off stage and leave behind the bare semblance of a human being curled up in the corner with his pj's on drinking hot chocolate.

I'm going to make a general observation.  There are several layers to this.  I feel for the person who sweeps the halls in a federal building.  They most likely don't earn enough to have a reserve fund.  I feel less for the salaried person living to the max and never saving for a rainy day.  Lastly, with the wolf right outside of the door of those who can impact legislation this ought to be the fire in the night to get rid of predatory lending.  Easy to condemn when it is some face you never met that you judge incapable of managing their lives.  Not so easy to condemn that most would say was doing things right then the paycheck stopped coming.  Making somebody pay 24 percent interest or whatever your state allows is no good to anybody other than a legitimized loan shark.  The lending people can get what the banks get or they can go make an honest living elsewhere.  No, I don't borrow from sharks but know that they destroy enough lives.

7 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

I don't need to justify my life or why I live where I do to you. You are clearly an arrogant and ignorant human being who lacks any sort of empathy when people have a different party affiliation because you're too busy being a party line hack. 

Back to the point of my post before your senseless garbage. Trump is fully responsible, along with Fox News for calling for and then creating this shutdown. When Trump renigged on the initial deal - congressional Republicans were shocked. They were told he'd sign. 

We could debate the wall and how to best secure the border and we could debate what the budget should be but there is no debating that this shutdown isn't 100% the chosen leverage Trump is using to try and get his wall, period. 

This is a dishonest and extremely biased take. Everyone knows a bill with funding for the wall passed the house and was blocked by Dems in the Senate despite having the votes. But I suspect you already knew that and pretended otherwise. 

The Democrats have quite literally determined that you and your wife are worth sacrificing for the sake of opposing the President. It's funny that despite being used as a pawn, you still maintain your party loyalty rather than asking what is so important about opposing a barrier that they are putting you through this.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I both agree and disagree at the same time. On the one hand no it's not Democrats fault that the President is holding the government hostage until he gets that wall he wants. That is not how government is suppose to work and if it becomes the new normal we're in for a world of hurt.

On the other hand with all the responsibility hanging on the Republicans and Trump the Democrats are probably more than happy to let this hang on them for a while and that really sucks.

No, the issue is that neither party is interested in negotiating in good faith.  Trump wants his wall.  Pelosi wants him to not have it.  Both sides are entrenched and intractable.  Saying it's either side's fault alone is partisan bull####.  No one has any room to complain: this is what you voted for.  Your party making sure everything goes their way.

I've been calling them children...but the fact is that kindergartners would have split the difference long ago.

33 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

This is a dishonest and extremely biased take. Everyone knows a bill with funding for the wall passed the house and was blocked by Dems in the Senate despite having the votes. But I suspect you already knew that and pretended otherwise. 

The Democrats have quite literally determined that you and your wife are worth sacrificing for the sake of opposing the President. It's funny that despite being used as a pawn, you still maintain your party loyalty rather than asking what is so important about opposing a barrier that they are putting you through this.

When did the Democrats block the House bill?  I have looked all over and see no evidence for this.  Show me your source of information on that.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

When did the Democrats block the House bill?  I have looked all over and see no evidence for this.  Show me your source of information on that.

They're withholding $5B in funding that will open the government.

8 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

I don't need to justify my life or why I live where I do to you. You are clearly an arrogant and ignorant human being who lacks any sort of empathy when people have a different party affiliation because you're too busy being a party line hack. 

Back to the point of my post before your senseless garbage. Trump is fully responsible, along with Fox News for calling for and then creating this shutdown. When Trump renigged on the initial deal - congressional Republicans were shocked. They were told he'd sign. 

We could debate the wall and how to best secure the border and we could debate what the budget should be but there is no debating that this shutdown isn't 100% the chosen leverage Trump is using to try and get his wall, period. 

no, you don't have to justify your life to a bunch of internet retards. what you do have to do though is to justify your life to your loved ones and those who depend upon you. that you don't live within your means is noone fault but your own. yes, living paycheck to paycheck is not living within your means. it means you are living up against the edge. yes, many Americans do it but they too live along the (l)edge. life presents many perils in its wake, the risk of being furloughed from a governmental job is but one. the risk of having a serious health issue is amongst a plethora of others and only one example of  another. that you probably prepare for one and not the other is not the internet's retards fault, it is your own. this is outside of any political persuasion, it is more a question of human issue of idiocy. to put oneself that close the the (l)edge just plain stupid. but i digress, it is your life and you are allowed to live it as you see fit within the confines of what society considers as legally free will.

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hang in there!  Try to work with your creditors... Many are putting notices up on how to obtain a forbearance. They can't get blood out of a stone.

Don't let the Basket of Deplorables get you down... They are sad, bitter and jealous... Insecure with their own lives... It's just the way some people are hardwired.  Their moral compass is shot.  Shallow people, petty people.

You'll get your back pay... Gov't is on hook for their share of health premiums and the furloughed haven't kicked in their 40% of the premiums... It will add up fast at 800,00 employees furloughed.  It will begin to ripple through economy Trump's inability to make a deal.

Until then... Get forbearances in order.  Make extra $$$$$$ and try to come out ahead.

The Trump Shutdown will cripple Trump in ways his foul mouth and corrupt behavior can't because his Basket of Deplorable Snowflake Base turn a blind eye (see flaws above) to the man's serious transgressions.

yeah okay Hillary. you still haven't learned anything i see. perhaps go back to that teet you suckle from and thank them for your cushy lifestyle, courtesy of course, from all those deplorables you so despise.

Edited by Foxx

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This article has some inaccuracies and misleading lines, but it will suffice.

Consider how little attention it's gotten. Almost as though they'd prefer you didn't know about it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/government-funding-bill-passage-now-uncertain-in-the-house/