The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That was a joke.

I didn't mean you were being anti-Semitic.  I  was making the tongue in cheek connection between all conspiracy theories out there.  It was in context of the Roman Colosseum crack further up thread.

The twin tower thing theory is pretty out there like the Deep State.

Please accept my apology for a bad joke.

Something drastic?  If he wasn't POTUS he would be in jail.

Am there is the point I am getting at.  Not sure how y'all been raised... It's beyond me if that is your conscience.  Somebody failed somewhere mighty big!

I knew it was beyond you. That was clear to me given the premise of your post, and your impulse to demand accoutability to those not accountable to you. 

One of the great things I was taught was to recognize and understand that people have limitations. Your limitation is that you think your opinion matters more than it does , and that the only reasonable sequence in the world is that if EiI thinks it, everyone else must surely follow or they were not raised correctly, or that someone failed mighty big. 

I am greatful that I am not so burdened.  Nice talking to you,, and while it's not my business to worry about someone else's business, I thought you did the right thing apologizing to DR. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I knew it was beyond you. That was clear to me given the premise of your post, and your impulse to demand accoutability to those not accountable to you. 

One of the great things I was taught was to recognize and understand that people have limitations. Your limitation is that you think your opinion matters more than it does , and that the only reasonable sequence in the world is that if EiI thinks it, everyone else must surely follow or they were not raised correctly, or that someone failed mighty big. 

I am greatful that I am not so burdened.  Nice talking to you, God Bless, and while it's not my business to worry about someone else's business, I thought you did the right thing apologizing to DR. 

A lot of people aren't burdened.  That's become a problem, IMO.  They simply can't be bothered.

Nice talking to you too. 

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Republicans don't have control, because they need 60 votes to end debate.  The minority party controls the Senate, with what I believe the Democrats call "obstructionism" and "undemocratic."

Unless you're suggesting they should invoke the Reid option on funding resolutions, or pass it through reconciliation like the Democrats did with the ACA.  

Please do it Republicans.  That five billion for a wall would be completely worth it.

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thanx... I don't want to offend.  I don't get offended when my hairbrained ideas go off the rails.  I right the car and own it.  Now it's time for the Trump supporters to do the same.  They elected a man with the ethics of slug.

It's so typical... There is an element on both sides that the minute they are called out for their bad choices, the tears come flowing... Hurt feelings.  That's not the world I live in.  Sorry I am coarse and rough around the edges.

I can take it as much as I can dish it out.

You know EII, I didn't get all butthurt because my feelings were hurt. I'm pissed off because you and the other lefties do nothing but treat people like *****. 

You're a hypocrite, phony and your opinion of Trump is based on nothing but feelings!

I'm not sure what happened to you in your life, but this anger you bring down here tells me there's something wrong in your life. 

Get help, seriously 

1 hour ago, westside said:

You know EII, I didn't get all butthurt because my feelings were hurt. I'm pissed off because you and the other lefties do nothing but treat people like *****. 

You're a hypocrite, phony and your opinion of Trump is based on nothing but feelings!

I'm not sure what happened to you in your life, but this anger you bring down here tells me there's something wrong in your life. 

Get help, seriously 

Merry Christmas Westside.  Don't do this on Christmas Eve.

Why are you trying to get me to take action?  Let it go.  Please, let it go.  Let the love in your heart take over even if it's just for a few days.  

Absolutely... Nothing happened in my life.  Don't project your troubles on to me.  I am NOT trying to be a d*ck... But, you are pushing me to sound like one, IMO, so you can cling to your self pity.

I am not trying to be mean, but I can't even begin to understand the sadness in your life.

Just don't cling to the hate in your heart.  It will consume you. Remember the love.

I am trying to help YOU! You keep on poking back like you want me to say something. If there is one person here that doesn't need more sadness in their life, it's you.  Don't hitch your horse to the wrong post out of pain.

Kinda strange I am having this conversation with you.

Again... I am truly sorry you feel this way.  Don't cling to bitterness.  To me, that's what Trump and his followers represent.  IMO, what you've expressed... You seem to want to fit in with these self-pity Trump supporters.

Please have a Merry Christmas. Please.  All the peace and love.

And... Please accept the tough love.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Merry Christmas Westside.  Don't do this on Christmas Eve.

Why are you trying to get me to take action?  Let it go.  Please, let it go.  Let the love in your heart take over even if it's just for a few days.  

Absolutely... Nothing happened in my life.  Don't project your troubles on to me.  I am NOT trying to be a d*ck... But, you are pushing me to sound like one, IMO, so you can cling to your self pity.

I am not trying to be mean, but I can't even begin to understand the sadness in your life.

Just don't cling to the hate in your heart.  It will consume you. Remember the love.

I am trying to help YOU! You keep on poking back like you want me to say something. If there is one person here that doesn't need more sadness in their life, it's you.  Don't hitch your horse to the wrong post out of pain.

Kinda strange I am having this conversation with you.

Again... I am truly sorry you feel this way.  Don't cling to bitterness.  To me, that's what Trump and his followers represent.  IMO, what you've expressed... You seem to want to fit in with these self-pity Trump supporters.

Please have a Merry Christmas. Please.  All the peace and love.

And... Please except the tough love.

Your grammar and spelling leave something to be desired

14 hours ago, westside said:

Just blocked that disgusting piece of crap. He brings nothing to PPP but his disgusting posts.

It's very telling how the left on this board never call out any leftie when they post like that. Doc Brown is the ONLY exception. 

Tells you alot about leftwing morals.

I like @Doc Brown and don't really feel he needs to say anything about the trolls.  

BTW, I blocked the troll too... s/he/x  wasn't even trying, just spewing stupid insults. 

12 hours ago, blzrul said:

When's the last time a POTUS had control of both houses of Congress and STILL had 3 government shutdowns in less than 2 years?  I could Google it I suppose but I know I'll enjoy the range of responses that will be forthcoming from this group.

When was the last time a President needed 9 votes from the #resist party to get a budget passed?  While much of Congress is the uniparty, Trump is not part of that enclave.  Schumer will do everything within his power to try and withhold wall funding so President Trump cannot claim "victory" on his signature issue.

My question is why Democrats care so little about citizens of the United States - who they represent! - that they will continue to allow these people (often violent, certainly lawless as they will not go through the process of obtaining legal entry) to enter the United States illegally, and unchecked? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I like @Doc Brown and don't really feel he needs to say anything about the trolls.  

BTW, I blocked the troll too... s/he/x  wasn't even trying, just spewing stupid insults. 

To be fair, he has disagreed with some lefties on this board. 

I didn't care for the way he talked about you and I let my anger speak for me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, westside said:

Thank you, but that was the troll, not @Doc Brown .  

I seldom engage nasty, and so frequently block people (and bots) who only insult and give no substance, facts, and little reason. Sometimes the testosterone down here is a little much, but I knew that when deciding to contribute and discuss politics in PPP. :)

15 minutes ago, westside said:

That's fair enough.  I want to be disagreed with. Please accept my frankness, we can both take from the openness to be better people.  When things become uncomfortable, that's where we achieve change.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Maya Angelou — 'Self-pity in its early stages is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.'

2 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

If you guys blocked me, how come I can still see your posts? 

They can't see yours.

LoL...

Ignore feature = echo chamber.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's fair enough.  I want to be disagreed with. Please accept my frankness, we can both take from the openness to be better people.  When things become uncomfortable, that's where we achieve change.

Maya Angelou — 'Self-pity in its early stages is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.'

They can't see yours.

LoL...

They probably get some kind of notice that I commented, so they will probably have to check due to curiosity and wanting to read my brilliance!

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My question is why Democrats care so little about citizens of the United States - who they represent! - that they will continue to allow these people (often violent, certainly lawless as they will not go through the process of obtaining legal entry) to enter the United States illegally, and unchecked? 

To which folks like me would reply why is the President willing to take less than $5B if it is so critical to the safety of the US? 

This is a pure political fight..has nothing to so with a wall or safety of the US..$3B ain't building even a 10th of the wall.

Call a spade a spade and blame both parties.

1 minute ago, BigMcD said:

They probably get some kind of notice that I commented, so they will probably have to check due to curiosity and wanting to read my brilliance!

Not if they turn it off... They can still cherry pick what they want.  The ignored posts are haded out and unobtrusive. That's what that Snowflake @TakeYouToTasker does when he wants to cherry pick in his echo chamber.

Now... Notice how I used that @ sign.  Not sure how notifications work in the echo chamber with regard to that format.

Conservatives (and many Liberals) are why children bite.  They get frustrated that they can't verbalize so they lash out, get angry... Call names, eventually bite. Ie: Living on pure physical emotion... Now mix in self-pity.

Sure... I smell blood in the water with our criminal commander in chief.  January 3rd will come soon enough, the people have spoken to their representatives.  We will get more info once the spinaless, lackey Congress changes control.

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They can't see yours.

LoL...

Merry Christmas EII. I appreciate your kind thoughts and wishes. But I have come a long way in the past 5 years. I still suffer at times, but it's far and few between. I don't wallow in self pity. I have picked my life back up and continue to try to live a happy and productive life. 

I am doing well this Christmas holiday and look forward to seeing my kids. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy New year. 

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When was the last time a President needed 9 votes from the #resist party to get a budget passed?  While much of Congress is the uniparty, Trump is not part of that enclave.  Schumer will do everything within his power to try and withhold wall funding so President Trump cannot claim "victory" on his signature issue.

Really?

You worry too much. I care about US Citizens... Like the ones in Puerto Rico, Texas, Florida, New York and the rest of the country.  But... When you are worrying too much about the bad guys, living in fear... That's what I have issue with.  

Maybe I am just more confident and not afraid.  Maybe it's the way people are hardwired.

Trump's signature promise is a wall?  A freaking wall?  LoL  Walls are useless.  How archaic.  Walls are for people who live in fear and self-pity, who don't accept change.