The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like the proponents of building a wall between the US and Mexico that Mexico will fund think the property that said wall will be built on is federal land.

Even if this boondoggle of a project gets any kind of funding (not from Mexico), it will be tied up in eminent domain courts for half a century. At best from the gov's perspective.

Never gonna happen. Way too much private land.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. The DNC leadership is against the wall because it would be yet another Trump victory and make him even tougher to unseat in 2020. That is the bulk of their motivation to block the wall. 

... That and the fact the wall provides a permanence to the problem whereas increases in "funding for men and technology" can always be pared back at a later date or under a new administration. And many, many, many on the left don't want that because they profit directly from having a porous border in the form of kickbacks on differing wlevels. 

Wrong.

Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

What's so hard to understand.  That's what Trump said.  He needs to get to Mexico City and go pick up that check.

3 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

It's almost like the proponents of building a wall between the US and Mexico that Mexico will fund think the property that said wall will be built on is federal land.

Even if this boondoggle of a project gets any kind of funding (not from Mexico), it will be tied up in eminent domain courts for half a century. At best from the gov's perspective.

Never gonna happen. Way too much private land.

You nailed it...

It's a boondoggle.  Trust me, as a Democrat and a Fed Employee, I know a boondoggle when I see one.

The lemmings that want the wall are being snowed.  Makes good political theater. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Let... Trump throw his temper tantrum in his terrible twos.  Wait for the check from Mexico.  I hear the check is in the mail.  Don said so.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/shutdowns-always-backfireespecially-on-republicans

Well... I am a gleeful liberal, speak for yourself Daily Beast.

"I say this not as a gleeful liberal, but rather as a conservative federal budget economist who has spent the past 17 years in the Washington DC trenches fighting for spending restraint."

“Conservative activists should look up and see who else is cheering their government shutdowns: Democratic leaders who enjoy baiting the GOP into these unforced errors.”

• Like (+1) 2