The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You nailed it...

It's a boondoggle.  Trust me, as a Democrat and a Fed Employee, I know a boondoggle when I see one.

The lemmings that want the wall are being snowed.  Makes good political theater. 

You ask too much when you ask people to trust you. From my perspective:

1. Your view on HRC as The Good Princess of the North disqualifies you as trustworthy in the political arena.

2. Your decision to actively seek out those with different political views with an eye toward demanding comeuppance and apologies for excersizing their right to vote disqualifies you as trustworthy in the political arena.

3. You seem to be implying that as a federal employee, you've witnessed first hand a number of "boondoggles", likely have written them off as just a byproduct of the federal system you work for and benefit from. For reasons you and you alone know, you see this particular boondoggle as extraordinary, and the particular boondoggle is by most accounts overtly political. Since you have self-identified as a Democrat, and I do not, it makes no sense whatsoever to trust you in this regard. 

4. You have mentioned several times the point about "Mexico paying for the wall". This seems to be where you have decided to plant your flag, and it seems an odd place to do so. Those of us who support the Presidents efforts understand the complexity behind the word track used, even as you do not. Additionally, given 250 years of American political theater, it seems a weak place to make your stand. I won't bore you (further) by linking to statements/positions by politicians that were proven false, misleading or hypocritical, some even by your Dems. This alone disqualifies you from being someone I can trust to consider my best interests politically. 

5. You have referred to 60+ million people as "lemmings". This statement alone disqualifies you as someone I might ever trust for political advise or discourse. 

To summarize, you seem to be an insider comfortable with boondoggles and waste so long as you benefit, your opinion is guided by your political ideaology,  you feel you have the right to demand folks with different opinions conform to your world view, and that those who do not are of low moral character.  You greatly respect a candidate who referred to citizens who disagreed with her politically in that odd sort of Stalin-esque fashion as "deplorable" and "irredeamable". 

No sir, you cannot be trusted. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

1. Your view on HRC as The Good Princess of the North disqualifies you as trustworthy in the political arena.

2. Your decision to actively seek out those with different political views with an eye toward demanding comeuppance and apologies for excersizing their right to vote disqualifies you as trustworthy in the political arena.

3. You seem to be implying that as a federal employee, you've witnessed first hand a number of "boondoggles", likely have written them off as just a byproduct of the federal system you work for and benefit from. For reasons you and you alone know, you see this particular boondoggle as extraordinary, and the particular boondoggle is by most accounts overtly political. Since you have self-identified as a Democrat, and I do not, it makes no sense whatsoever to trust you in this regard. 

4. You have mentioned several times the point about "Mexico paying for the wall". This seems to be where you have decided to plant your flag, and it seems an odd place to do so. Those of us who support the Presidents efforts understand the complexity behind the word track used, even as you do not. Additionally, given 250 years of American political theater, it seems a weak place to make your stand. I won't bore you (further) by linking to statements/positions by politicians that were proven false, misleading or hypocritical, some even by your Dems. This alone disqualifies you from being someone I can trust to consider my best interests politically. 

5. You have referred to 60+ million people as "lemmings". This statement alone disqualifies you as someone I might ever trust for political advise or discourse. 

To summarize, you seem to be an insider comfortable with boondoggles and waste so long as you benefit, your opinion is guided by your political ideaology,  you feel you have the right to demand folks with different opinions conform to your world view, and that those who do not are of low moral character.  You greatly respect a candidate who referred to citizens who disagreed with her politically in that odd sort of Stalin-esque fashion as "deplorable" and "irredeamable". 

You're putting a lot of effort in to rebutting someone who's only coherent when complaining about fish...

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He's turned into a complete clown whereas there was a time when he made a little sense (on the rare occasion). He argues to hear himself argue and is not worth your time.

40 minutes ago, westside said:

For the life of me, I don't understand the deep seated hatred in the hearts of the far left. Liberalism is a disease. 

I actually feel sorry for anyone going through life so bitter. Pretty sad....

what in the world are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Brilliant analysis from a top mind. :lol:

I will tell you what... I am not going shopping with you if you can't follow the play.

You can stay in the car.  LoL... No way are you talking to the salespeople! We don't want to get upsold!

Remember... If you do decide to go in.   WE ARE NOT PAYING.  MEXICO IS PAYING!

Ready?  On three...One, Two, Three... Break!

?Holy Moly, now I know how the Bills offense feels!

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

I will tell you what... I am not going shopping with you if you can't follow the play.

You can stay in the car.  LoL... No way are you talking to the salespeople! We don't want to get upsold!

Remember... If you do decide to go in.   WE ARE NOT PAYING.  MEXICO IS PAYING!

Ready?  On three...One, Two, Three... Break!

?Holy Moly, now I know how the Bills offense feels!

Find one time I ever suggested or cared that Mexico would pay for a wall. You can't do it. Which means you're posting nonsense because you have nothin of substance to offer in regards to the point I made - which is true. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside said:

You know what I'm talking about. The anger on the left is very real. That's why I walked away. I don't want to be part of so much hate, from antifa to msm. Very hateful.

Those suffering from acute TDS don't see it as anger or hatred - it's righteousness. Their opinions must be your opinions too or else you're a lesser human and worthy of scorn. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Dude.  DC Tom said it in under 20 words and that's mainly a bi-partisan issue!  LMAO!

I am just an idiot with my safety shoes on the ground.  Power forward...

No need to trust.  Just live and learn Grasshopper.  You'll believe what you will want to believe.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Those suffering from acute TDS don't see it as anger or hatred - it's righteousness. Their opinions must be your opinions too or else you're a lesser human and worthy of scorn. 

same as the MAGA folks no? show me a difference between the two extremes