AW23 Beef with the Bills-Any insight?

plenzmd1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It could simply be they have others they would rather lead the charge. We don’t know everything behind the scenes. And I’m pretty sure it’s Marlon Kerner he’s mad at. 

Drayton Flourence Really?

While we are at it lets have a Keith Ellison appearance.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

That's a shame. Dude was a gamer and above average S who caught an unextremely unlucky break just entering his prime. It's a shame really. I'm sure he has some resentment and anger built up about the situation as a whole and i don't blame him.

With that said , the owners and front office have no attatchment to him . 

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Was just going to say that.  They could have asked for the remainder of his signing bonus back, but AFAIK, they didn't.

In the case of retirement due to injury, I don't think they can ask for part of the signing bonus back.

That's only if the player retires 'cuz, don't wanna play any more.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean if I see Donte Whitner out there someday leading the charge then maybe he has case, but don’t see why he feels entitled to do it. 

Drayton Florence?  Who's he?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In the case of retirement due to injury, I don't think they can ask for part of the signing bonus back.

That's only if the player retires 'cuz, don't wanna play any more.

Yeah. Eric Wood got paid. I have no problem with that. Players are putting their body on the line and should not be overly penalized for a career ending injury.

They already essentially play on one year deals.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Maybe it’s becaise he’s kind of a douche???

used to love him when he played. Then I met him and feel like he’s a douche that thinks too highly of himself. If Freddy was there at the time he would have smacked the chit out of him and told him to act like a man. 

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Probably asked for free handouts and exposure to promote his brand/identity and the Bills shot him down. I'm ok of that's the case. 

Do you honestly have ANY idea what he's talking about though? Maybe some drunk Bills Mafia fan berated his performance with the Bills.

But he probably wanted handouts lol. Makes sense.

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not all beef ages well, AW.

Move on with life.  You're a rich young man.  Enjoy..

Sounds like he's trying to be a part of the Buffalo community. Do you say this about Jim Kelly too? Embraces Buffalo but that sad ba*****d should probably move on with his life too huh.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Do you honestly have ANY idea what he's talking about though? Maybe some drunk Bills Mafia fan berated his performance with the Bills.

Sounds like he's trying to be a part of the Buffalo community. Do you say this about Jim Kelly too? Embraces Buffalo but that sad ba*****d should probably move on with his life too huh.

I don't think his ego let's a Bills fan bother him. But I do think that he would be pretty Petty and better when the bill said they're not going to just let him have carte blanche access to the team

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

Maybe it’s becaise he’s kind of a douche???

used to love him when he played. Then I met him and feel like he’s a douche that thinks too highly of himself. If Freddy was there at the time he would have smacked the chit out of him and told him to act like a man. 

Is he? I wouldn't really know. He was a pretty humble shy kid in highschool for a superstar athlete. Maybe he's changed after being in Buffalo as a Pro athlete.. definitely leads you to douche territory getting to that highest level. I'd like to know what he's like now.. any anecdotes?

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't think his ego let's a Bills fan bother him. But I do think that he would be pretty Petty and better when the bill said they're not going to just let him have carte blanche access to the team

I can see that happening to athletes I guess. Sounds like those up in Buffalo got to know him after he got real success. He was a real quiet humble guy for a star athlete at my highschool and college.

But I'd really like to know wtf he's talking about. Being denied to run out the field isn't even Bills Mafia that he's complaining about right?

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Was just going to say that.  They could have asked for the remainder of his signing bonus back, but AFAIK, they didn't.

Dude.. why are we coveting a man's money who lost his career to injury. I don't know the story here but what he got paid for what he did with the Bills and subsequently got injured for doing his job has nothing to do with it.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

That's a shame. Dude was a gamer and above average S who caught an unextremely unlucky break just entering his prime. It's a shame really. I'm sure he has some resentment and anger built up about the situation as a whole and i don't blame him.

With that said , the owners and front office have no attatchment to him . 

The Rex Ryan D actually worked with him on the field. iirc

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Is he? I wouldn't really know. He was a pretty humble shy kid in highschool for a superstar athlete. Maybe he's changed after being in Buffalo as a Pro athlete.. definitely leads you to douche territory getting to that highest level. I'd like to know what he's like now.. any anecdotes?

Like I said. When I met him he was a douche. I’m not the only person that’s said that. 

10 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

WTF?? 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

WTF?? 

Exactly what's the difference. I don't know what AW is peeved about but how is his attempt to stay engrained in the community different. 

JK was once a relatively rich young man retired that stuck in Buffalo getting to know the community just like AW is. But AW needs to move on..

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I think it would be fine to have him lead the charge.

He would end up right back on IR....

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Exactly what's the difference. I don't know what AW is peeved about but how is his attempt to stay engrained in the community different. 

This has already been commented on.  Did you not read his tweet?  He's asking us to name any player past or present who is more involved with Buffalo than him. 

How is that not most moronic thing he could type?  He can't think of.....ANY former Bill who is more ingrained in Buffalo than  him??

This guy has nothing to do with the Buffalo the city.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He would end up right back on IR....

This has already been commented on.  Did you not read his tweet?  He's asking us to name any player past or present who is more involved with Buffalo than him. 

How is that not most moronic thing he could type?  He can't think of.....ANY former Bill who is more ingrained in Buffalo than  him??

This guy has nothing to do with the Buffalo the city.

It's a stupid tweet sure. Why do we want to boot him out of town so bad.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I really don't know what you're talking about there...

Nvm I guess. You said he needs to move on with his life. Maybe I misunderstood.  just don't think we should say this about every Bill making an effort to stay in Buffalo.

But I really don't know the story here we just seem quick to pass judgement over a poorly worded tweet